Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Train and Rail Systems

2»

Comments

Tunnel to Britain? That's a new one. But still, what's the problem with them being posted about? And if there is none, why go after them with such vitriol? (I'm presuming the same kind of language usage is used as when I wasn't banned)

So,some newbie comes in, posts an idea that the regulars find laughable/fantasy/derisible, regulars flame it, newbie either goes away or sticks around to get either converted to regular's cause or derided enough to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Idyl Race

Tunnel to Britain? That's a new one. But still, what's the problem with them being posted about? And if there is none, why go after them with such vitriol? (I'm presuming the same kind of language usage is used as when I wasn't banned)

So,some newbie comes in, posts an idea that the regulars find laughable/fantasy/derisible, regulars flame it, newbie either goes away or sticks around to get either converted to regular's cause or derided enough to leave.

Plenty of vitriol, I was called "insane" and told "aw diddums theres your soo soo" when I dared to suggest what you are saying.

I think the vitriol is from the IRN war seven years ago, when it seems they must think that any newbie is an ex adversary of theirs from IRN. I do have an account on IRN but I rarely post there and certainly didn't get involved in the WRC/Platform 11 handbags.

There is *shed* loads of baggage with discussing transport on boards.ie, and I think it's time for a clean slate. No more rail pressure group bullcrap from any side. I've never been a member of anything, and I've no interest in it, but I can't share any airport insights or discuss getting across the country just because I was stupid enough to go against the railway clique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

the problem is they don't really belong on that Forum, they are C&T matters not Heritage or railfan (and most of them are indeed laughable flights of fancy!) They concern development of services, not interest in the service itself for its own sake.

The basic problem stems from the Forum being poorly named in the first place.imho

I'm nothing to do with platform 11 or indeed any other poster on the forum none of whom I have ever met. I don't own a handbag.

I do have a IRN identity and you can check it out for baggage...KID CARDINAL

Well, it's not really up to members to say what is or isn't allowed in a forum. That's for the charter to say. And if a member objects to a topic in a forum, then they have to bring it to a mod. If the mod allows it, then, well, it's allowed. Dumbo here (me) fell foul of the mods, and here I am, permabanned.

If you don't like the topic being there, then it's a mod thing to change. Go say it to the mod.
    (and most of them are indeed laughable flights of fancy!)

What bearing has your personal opinion got on this? Does that make it less/more in the wrong/right place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

it's the only opinion I have.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Well, it's not really up to members to say what is or isn't allowed in a forum. That's for the charter to say. And if a member objects to a topic in a forum, then they have to bring it to a mod. If the mod allows it, then, well, it's allowed.

IIRC, one of the first (if not THE first) threads on T&RS was "what should this forum be about".
    The forum was requested by the members and Victor allowed the members to help define its parameters and tone.
    So it is in fact up to the members to say what's in the forum, and to lobby for changes to the Charter if required.

Dumbo here (me) fell foul of the mods, and here I am, permabanned.

Seeing as you've brought it up (several times), what did you get banned for exactly?

Saying what I'm saying in here in threads IIRC.

Edit: (no need to bring this back to the top unless someone else wants to discuss this topic) I logged out and had a look at Commuting & Transport and Train & Rail, and I gotta say Commuting & Transport hasn't a problem.

Why the hell is a thread like this allowed fester in Trains & Rail though?

Advertisement