Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May shocker: strong winds, squally showers, even the potential for wintry showers

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Dickie10 wrote: »
    wow your good! yes i remember being at wexford v kilkenny i thought it seemed like mid may all right everyone in coats and jackets. i was at it because Meath played Offaly in the first game in hurling , Meath put in a really brave perfermonance i think it was 2-12 to 2-18. yes the dublin -meath leinster final was played in a downpour and we got a famous breakthrough victory, we also had a famous THE breakthrough victory over dublin in july 1986 which was on a downpour as well. the famous 1986 summer!

i think the Laois v Meath leinster final was wet overcast day on August 10th 1991 too. the roscommon semi final was played in beautiful warm day and all ireland final v down where our heart was broken was also lovely and warm. That game still haunts many meath fans....

Meath hurling was quite strong in the mid 1990s alright. Pat Potterton staring and the league win over Wexford. That 6 pt loss to Offaly at the peak of their powers. Laois hurling was decent from 1979 until 1998 or so. We had a heart breaking 2 point loss to KK in May 1995 when we should have had a free in and Denis Byrne scored a last minute goal. Similar in 1998.

The Roscommon v Meath game on 18 August was beautiful weather. Our GAA club had an open day and the tv was on with the match in the clubhouse. The Derek Duggan dummy solo and drop shot. Meath reeling the Rossies in point by point. The weather took up the evening of the 10th Aug.

Down were underestimated a little, no Connacht or Ulster team had won an AI in 23 years. Meath had so many close shaves their name seemed set on the cup. If O'Rourke hadn't the flu and played full game. 11 pts was too big a lead to claw back. Beautiful spell of weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭pauldry

-1c Mt Dillon
    0c a few locations

And that's midnight

Mt Dillon will finish -3 or -4c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I seen a post on Facebook saying it was snowing in Donegal. How accurate that is I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

0600h temp at Mountdillon was -4 C. Numerous -2 and -3 readings elsewhere. Not quite as cold at 0700h.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Saw a dusting of snow on Three Rock when out on my frosty jog this morning, latest I can recall seeing that ever.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

That next push of colder air has gradually been removed from model runs and now the main driver of weather this week will be the decaying low pressure system that is gradually edging in from the west, with a tendency for it to reform over 24-48 hours further south then continue its slow decaying process while moving through the south. That will lead to a very gradual turn in winds from southerly to east-northeast later in the week; by the time it all comes to an end the Atlantic will be back in control sending in periodic frontal systems. So now there seems little chance of severe frosts or even any frosts this week, maybe in one or two spots by Friday morning lows could be around zero or +1 C .

Advertisement