Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

endainoz wrote: »
    The Aviva would be better than the RDS anyway, but somewhere like Marley Park would suit everyone much better I think.

I've only been to one gig in the Aviva and thought it was great overall, as mentioned the exciting of the stadium is way easier/safer than the RDS. If the RDS is not available then Aviva really would be the easiest alternative as it has seats vs Malahide or Marley. Ill probably pick up a ticket soon enough anyways no matter the location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The pandemic may of put a halt to the RDS redevelopment plans

Sat in the Anglesea Stand for 2 shows in 2019 and its in bad need of redevelopment. Bloody metal bars obstructing the view of the stag, bought a ticket for the new stand for this show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mushy wrote: »
    Weezer after releasing a belter of an album so will have to consider this one, although a Monday doesn't suit at all

Mondays suck for gigs but it was a Monday that we bought for originally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭endainoz

Shedite27 wrote: »

With the resheduling I have crowded house on the Sunday and green day on the Monday, with the gig drought currently going on, the day of the week won't matter to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Shedite27 wrote: »

Yeah I haven't bought yet, was never Abe to commit and still may not, it just makes it bit harder

Jesus who would of thought when tickets went on sale August 2019 that the show would not take place (and still might not) in June 2022

Bloody thrilled last new years eve listening to the bands and thinking in excitement what's ahead for the summer but covid had other ideas.

Life is up from here hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus who would of thought when tickets went on sale August 2019 that the show would not take place (and still might not) in June 2022

Bloody thrilled last new years eve listening to the bands and thinking in excitement what's ahead for the summer but covid had other ideas.

Life is up from here hopefully

I bought a ticket for Ozzy Osbourne in September 2018 :rolleyes:

drake70 wrote: »
    I bought a ticket for Ozzy Osbourne in September 2018 :rolleyes:

Same, i got a refund when after they announced that the 1st rescheduling of the 2nd Feb 2020 was cancelled. Then it was refixed for the 5th Nov 2020 but as we know covid messed that up and now its set for 1st March 2022. Can Ozzy get through a full tour ?

Same, i got a refund when after they announced that the 1st rescheduling of the 2nd Feb 2020 was cancelled. Then it was refixed for the 5th Nov 2020 but as we know covid messed that up and now its set for 1st March 2022. Can Ozzy get through a full tour ?

A friend is holding the tickets which were bought in the Sound Cellar, so even if we wanted a refund we need to wait for Tommy to open back up.

Ozzy lasting for a tour? I doubt it :(

A friend is holding the tickets which were bought in the Sound Cellar, so even if we wanted a refund we need to wait for Tommy to open back up.

Ozzy lasting for a tour? I doubt it :(

The travel alone would be to much

but Axl Rose/Dave Grohl performed concerts sitting down in the throne and Phil Collins has to sit for all his shows now (and not for his natural stance behind a drum kit) and i wouldn't put it past Ozzy to do something like that

• Advertisement

The travel alone would be to much

but Axl Rose/Dave Grohl performed concerts sitting down in the throne and Phil Collins has to sit for all his shows now (and not for his natural stance behind a drum kit) and i wouldn't put it past Ozzy to do something like that

Hope so, was really looking forward to this back when I was a young lad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ts_editor

Bank transfer refund for tickets bought at an outlet:
    https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000178458

Axl Rose/Dave Grohl performed concerts sitting down in the throne and Phil Collins has to sit for all his shows now (and not for his natural stance behind a drum kit) and i wouldn't put it past Ozzy to do something like that
    I wouldn't put it past Sharon!

US leg of the tour kicking off the 24th July

Please to every god there is that this will finally happen next summer

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

How much seating had they sold? Could hardly get away with it in Donnybrook a la the national a few years ago?

It was pretty much sold out in the rds, so there is no way it would be moved to a smaller venue lie Donnybrook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I imagine Green Days date in Moscow will now be cancelled

Hope it won't mean they will cancel the entire European tour because of security issues etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Captain negative reporting for duty........ You must be due a promotion soon.

• Advertisement

Yep

Christ I was wrong about many covid related posts but can you not accept mistakes happen and I want to be able to post my opinion without you on my back ?

Post edited by PTH2009 on

Not much of a surprise really, and proper order too. I think your fear of the entire European tour getting cancelled is a bit of a stretch though.

Thankfully not the case

Roll on the gig, only 17 more weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Location has been changed to Marlay Park.

Does anyone know if they have free parking for concerts?

Bit of a balls esp with no seated tickets now. Will they be gold circle tickets now ?

Guess we won't be getting back any price difference either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Shame, I much prefer the RDS.

My ticket still says Golden Circle so I assume they will set it up the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Good job I didn’t book the hotel yet so :D

Requested a refund for my seated ticket as its the same price as general admission standing

Rather pay the extra few € and get golden circle and have some bit of comfort

Got a refund easy enough for my seated ticket.

Golden Circle tickets works out about €10-€15 extra

The RDS may be a more convenient location for Dublin based people but Marley park much more accessible for non Dubs. It's also a much better venue, the pitch in RDS literally has only one entrance and can get seriously jammed at times during a sold out show. Gold circle will be just a pit Infront of the stage I'd assume.

• Advertisement

Also whoever is trying to sell gold circle are the original price when you can buy them cheaper off ticketmaster won't get too far 🤣

The situation about seated tickets is frustrating esp with no word about the gig been moved (I knw been TBA on the website but TM always had RDS tickets for sale)

The RDS been in the city was handier for acceess to pubs etc

For anyone outside of Dublin, travelmaster is a great service and used it for previous shows in Marley Park. Drop off and collection at the venue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I can’t see any tickets on the website, are they gone?

edit: see them now

Fair enough for the seating, but I still prefer marlay park as a venue.

Stage probably be in front of the House for this

Queen in 2018 wasn't a sell out that these gigs will/could be and the layout was the stage on located at the sides

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Can’t wait for this gig now 😎 Have never seen Weezer live so extra excited!

Anyone know what the story is with ‘gold circle’ tickets? Paid €99.50 for them back in 2019

Basically a large pit closer to the stage

More than likely get a wrist band when your ticket is scanned in so you can come and go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Thanks for the Travelmaster tip! Just booked. It works out about half the price of the petrol we'd use to go up and down.

I'd say it will be at the other end where they have longitude

Busy couple of days for the venue with guns n roses there the following day.

• Advertisement

Are Gold Circle sold out? Were they available yesterday?

Some up now

Ticketmaster sent out an email yesterday saying they will be another email sent to holders with seated tickets. Got a refund on my ticket easy enough and bought a gold circle ticket

Actually makes more sense, saves the hospitality and security having to set up in 2 separate venues and makes it easier to roster staff.

Yeah and you'd imagine they'd use the same stage setup and commercial stall etc.

Exactly, just from the perspective of a security company, if the stage is set up in 2 venues, that's a lot of moving parts and some poor supervisor is pulling a 60 hour shift racing around, at least one venue you know you need this many people from this time to this time. Job done.

I'm guessing the stage is not a specialy built one like some tours

Yea I'd say so as I know Green day are also doing solo or festival shows during the hella mega tour.

Probably should have gotten the golden circle ones the other day but I'll prob end up buying the resale ones since they are only like €1 extra?

Edit: found normal golden circle tickets

Post edited by Furious-Red on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

And chili peppers the day after that before a weekend of longitude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did everyone get replacment tickets, I have paper gold circle but haven't revieved and new ones.

• Advertisement

Advertisement