Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19 in Carlow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Seven Oaks is the Carlow vaccination centre; .

Not anymore the HSE is now saying there is no decision made on the venue and the Seven Oaks manager said the first he heard about it was on the news.

Dympna's is there why the hell aren't the HSE using that instead of looking at forking out money to a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Notmything

Not anymore the HSE is now saying there is no decision made on the venue and the Seven Oaks manager said the first he heard about it was on the news.

Dympna's is there why the hell aren't the HSE using that instead of looking at forking out money to a hotel.

Think there are issues around lack of large, open rooms and narrow halls. I know they looked at the hospital but it's internal layout is/was not suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Notmything wrote: »
    Think there are issues around lack of large, open rooms and narrow halls. I know they looked at the hospital but it's internal layout is/was not suitable.

I'd say this is the most likely reason. That building is not fit for purpose it's old and antiquated. I'd rather they set up one of the army shelters or even a drive through set up and wait in your car.

If it were in Dympnas I'd be waiting until the dentist can administer it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Barrow Centre in the college has now been named by HSE as vaccination centre instead of Seven Oaks.

Interesting case in the paper today (Carlow Nationalist for avoidance of all doubt) on Page 8.

The individual (defendant) represented himself from outside the courthouse; reason being he refused to wear a mask.

Reasoning being he said he'd been assaulted previously which had caused him difficulty breathing.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't wear a mask in court so he didn't have to enter the building & presumably a Gda.'d to run in & out relaying messages/evidence etc.

"....told him he had been assaulted previously and which had “caused him difficulty breathing”.........as a reason for not wearing not buying it at all.....sounds suspiciously made up.

Another Covidiot from the local District Ct. https://carlow-nationalist.ie/2021/02/19/man-represents-himself-from-outside-carlow-courthouse/?fbclid=IwAR3opO8Z0vSD0XbKchXX6wPN7AqlnvpFao1iC5bDbkPzx1k3mGCxTZkl9ek

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

He should have been fined for not attending court and wasting Garda time
    Wouldn't wear a mask in court so he didn't have to enter the building & presumably a Gda.'d to run in & out relaying messages/evidence etc.

"....told him he had been assaulted previously and which had “caused him difficulty breathing”.........as a reason for not wearing not buying it at all.....sounds suspiciously made up.

Another Covidiot from the local District Ct. https://carlow-nationalist.ie/2021/02/19/man-represents-himself-from-outside-carlow-courthouse/?fbclid=IwAR3opO8Z0vSD0XbKchXX6wPN7AqlnvpFao1iC5bDbkPzx1k3mGCxTZkl9ek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

It seems that nearly 60% of infections in Carlow are in Tullow LEA, I wonder if there is some outbreak going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

September1 wrote: »
    It seems that nearly 60% of infections in Carlow are in Tullow LEA, I wonder if there is some outbreak going there.

Where do you get that specific kind of info from? Is it widely available?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Sgt Kelly said it was significant bite which required a tetanus jab and had ripped the garda’s pants.

yer man got off too light I think - though the guard really should have been wearing trousers or something when out in public

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

bytheglass wrote: »

Covid App gives a breakdown as does this:
    https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

bytheglass wrote: »

Every Thursday infection details for LEAs are published, you can see also historical data there. https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/detailed-county-statistics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Just curious how are people getting on with the Vaccines, many go to CIT yet? Be a while yet for myself due to age and no underlying health conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I got my vaccine in my local doctor's surgery this week. It went fine.

Early to mid 40s so gonna be a while before I even get chance to register much less appt.; best guess for 1st Vaccine (if it's a double) will be "sometime" in June; maybe mid-3rd week?

Optimisticly hoping that after 2nd Jab I can go into the downstairs on campus cafe for grub; the value in the IT is unreal!

With the HSE hack GPs can't refer patients on so it's effectively a free for all in St. Dympnas; the caveat there is the centre is "only" open 3 days; Saturday, Sunday & Monday 8:30am-7pm > https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/testing/covid-19-walk-in-test-centres.html#locations

Presume it was going full-time (day-time) up to recently but is being scaled back as numbers infected locally decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Got my vaccine 5 weeks ago, referred by my consultant in St. Lukes.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

votecounts wrote: »
    Just curious how are people getting on with the Vaccines, many go to CIT yet? Be a while yet for myself due to age and no underlying health conditions.
    Have it just over a fornight age related . Family connections down to 58 years of age have all been done as have a work colleague . We got the Astra Zenica but this week some seem to have been given the Pfizer and a neighbor was directed to kileen hill but not sure has he other factors involved .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

57 year old OH got Pfizer in the IT as did a number of his friends yesterday. I got AZ about 5 weeks ago as I'm very high risk and it was the one offered at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

51, off to Cillin Hill on Saturday for the Pfizer.

51, off to Cillin Hill on Saturday for the Pfizer.

Hubby's there on Sunday for Pifzer too.

• Advertisement

Anyone been down to St. Dympnas for a Covid Test? Due to cyber hack GPs can't currently refer so it's walk ups.

Self-isolation reqd. til results come back mind; am giving thought to going down but the self-isolation requirement'd put me off doing so volutarily.

Anyone been down to St. Dympnas for a Covid Test? Due to cyber hack GPs can't currently refer so it's walk ups.

Self-isolation reqd. til results come back mind; am giving thought to going down but the self-isolation requirement'd put me off doing so volutarily.

Brought my daughter in on Tuesday, just drive in, waited about 10 minutes, got tested and the results came 24hrs later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If you think you have COVID you should be self-isolating anyway. Anything else is very irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

You were always required to self isolate between getting a test and getting your result back.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Anyone any idea what age groups are been vaccinated in Carlow at the moment? And are some people been sent to Kilkenny to get vaccinated? TIA

My husbands 50 and got the Pfizer vaccine on Sunday in Cillin Hill, Kilkenny.
    Very efficient, in and out in 20 mins including the 15 mins he had to wait to ensure he'd no reaction.

Walk-in test centre opened in Tullow due to big spike in cases . Not surprising, considering what has been going on .

Walk-in test centre opened in Tullow due to big spike in cases . Not surprising, considering what has been going on .

What's been going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

What ages are they doing in Carlow now?
    TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

votecounts wrote: »
    What ages are they doing in Carlow now?
    TIA

Brother called yesterday for today he's 44. Seem to be dragging their heels.

Advertisement