Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-04-2018, 23:55   #61
Irish Guitarist

I'm pretty sure Jews and 'blacks' don't generally fight to be seen as a minority. I don't know of any Jewish rights group that fights for their right to be completely separate from the rest of the population when it comes to obeying the law but who want the benefits of social welfare and the like.

There's a massive difference between judging someone for the colour of their skin or for their religion than there is for judging them based on how they act.

Someone quoted me a few months ago and changed all my mentions of 'travellers' to 'blacks' and that made no sense either especially as I had mentioned things like horses and caravans.
Advertisement
11-04-2018, 23:55   #62
RandomName2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omackeral View Post
That’s it, really.
That's a gross misrepresentation. Typical of someone from the top drawer.
11-04-2018, 23:57   #63
TomSweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFromHue View Post
technically the vast majority of men are wankers.

i know I am anyway, I'm always at it

wanking
I f*cking love wanking !!!
(4) thanks from:
11-04-2018, 23:58   #64
Makikomi

Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
He was great in Cardboard Gangsters (I actually loved the movie), seen him interviewed a few times too. Very traditional sort of voice, sounds well traveled

Seen a few of his tweets, seem's like a bit of a wanker [on twitter at least].
(4) thanks from:
11-04-2018, 23:59   #65
Noveight

A Traveller suggesting that a persons social status (Jackson et al) helped them to get away with a crime is the true pinnacle of hypocrisy.
Advertisement
12-04-2018, 00:02   #66
TomSweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFalstaff View Post
Disappointed, but not surprised, to see the usual reactionary attitudes towards travellers on display here.

Connors has managed to carve out an acting career for himself against the odds. More power to him. He has landed an agent now and I'll be interested to see what he does next.

He also speaks the truth about our political class:

I reckon his next role will be some type of scumbag criminal character ... just a hunch ...
12-04-2018, 00:02   #67
DEFTLEFTHAND

Couldn't understand the rave reviews for Cardboard Gangsters. I thought it was very average with subpar performances from many of the cast.

Connors in fairness was decent enough but then again like others have mentioned playing a massive thug seems to be his forte. I'd like to see him branch out and take on a more diverse selection of roles in the future.
12-04-2018, 00:14   #68
Omackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTLEFTHAND View Post
Couldn't understand the rave reviews for Cardboard Gangsters. I thought it was very average with subpar performances from many of the cast.

Connors in fairness was decent enough.
Connors was decent enough but hardly an outstanding tour de force performance, as some commentators would have you believe. His crew of sidekicks were exceptionally bad, especially the ''mad'' lad. The plot was crap and the ending was as cliched as you could get. 3/10 being generous
12-04-2018, 00:17   #69
Makikomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTLEFTHAND View Post

Connors in fairness was decent enough but then again like others have mentioned playing a massive thug seems to be his forte. I'd like to see him branch out and take on a more diverse selection of roles in the future.
Its a brilliant movie, and if you come from that socio economic background you'd get it too.
Advertisement
12-04-2018, 00:21   #70
Omackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
Its a brilliant movie, and if you come from that socio economic background you'd get it too.
Brilliant?! Not a chance. It's got a wafer thin plot and sub par actors. It's alright I suppose but brilliant?! No way. It's very by the numbers.
12-04-2018, 00:58   #71
Makikomi

Quote:
Brilliant?! Not a chance. It's got a wafer thin plot and sub par actors. It's alright I suppose but brilliant?! No way. It's very by the numbers.
If you grew up with that sh*t you'd get it. The movie was bang on the money and most people from Darndale, Ballymun, Finglas etc would identify with the whole thing.

Anyway its late and I'm not losing sleep over it.

The whole thing was brilliant, 'The blacker, Darndale, Belcamp College grounds, dealing and jumped up little scumbags trying to be big lads.

Other than that, he's a bit of a wanker on twitter but from mates who know him through boxing Conor's is supposed to be sound enough.
12-04-2018, 01:04   #72
Bogfairy

Terminator 6
The Scrapping of the Machines
12-04-2018, 01:16   #73
Summer In the City

Quote:
That’s it, really.
Quote:
That Louise O’Neill is a great role model for little girls and women.
Quote:
He has such a chip on his shoulder it's unreal.
Gwan After Hours, you gas ****.
Thanks from:
12-04-2018, 01:16   #74
Omackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
If you grew up with that sh*t you'd get it. The movie was bang on the money and most people from Darndale, Ballymun, Finglas etc would identify with the whole thing.
Making assumptions there. I grew up in the heartland of Westies territory. Both my parents are from Finglas and I spend more time with gangsters than I do with my own family thanks to my job. There was fcuk all to ''get''.

It was a wafer thin story, that fella playing the psycho was the worst thing I've ever seen and the other two pals hadn't an ounce of charisma between them. Ending was pure gick too. I'd name 15/20 better Irish films off the top of my head. I enjoyed Stephen Clinch and it is quite fun seeing some areas you know on the big screen but calling it brilliant is such a stretch, nothing memorable at all about it really.
12-04-2018, 01:18   #75
Pack It In
Banned

Who is he and why should I care about his opinions?
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion