Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Too bad that complete illiterate spunkfaced knobhead gets more out of this "budje" than me who works 40 hours a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Jeez twould take a sophisticated translation system to filter through that mess. One battle google definitely wont win

Google Translate was able to identify it as English with Detect Language on, but that's about all it could do with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

coolhull wrote: »
    ''Sum f**kin budje dat was. five uro an hav 2 waite til Marsh for dat. tawt fine fall was sposed 2 be on r side, wate till dey nock on my dor luckin 4 r voats''

Maths sexing budgerigar that was. Five bonsai techniques an Hepatitis A virus two [town in Maine] towards bog for that. Tension Fine Fall was supposed two be on letter side, WATE.com unsorted glacial sediment they hook on my Department of Revenue lucky for letter website.

Makes total sense! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Carnacalla wrote: »
    This one really got me when I read it. Who cares?

1ak5w.jpg

Edit: Image wont work, only link?

"Been to work now in dumbarton with lenny and Dylan has need new school shoes now their eating kfc then to asda get few bits then home Paul and zoe going to Scotland game later and Leon out shopping with his girlfriend"

Anytime one makes it back from Dumbarton alive is a cause for celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Thanks for cheering me up. Came home last night to find a leak in the kitchen called out an emergency plumber to be told the leak is coming from the apartment upstairs. GRR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Jrop wrote: »
    Thanks for cheering me up. Came home last night to find a leak in the kitchen called out an emergency plumber to be told the leak is coming from the apartment upstairs. GRR

That's a really shít facebook status. :mad: Up your game, son!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

HI WE ARE (company name) WE TRY HELP GET RID OFF ALL YOUR OLD AND UNWANTED STUFF FOR FREE BUT WE DO CHARGE TO TAKE AWAY SOFAS AND BED AND MATTRESS, S SO IF YOUR THINKING OFF CLEARING OUT THE ATTIC OR GARAGE OR STUFF LAYING AROUND SURE GIVE US A MAIL TODAY WE ALSO PROVIDE DELIVERY,S FORM HOUSE TO HOUSE OR SHOP TO HOUSE IKEA RUNS AND ALOT MORE WE ALSO PROVIDE RUBBISH CLEAR OUTS ASWELL AS GARDENING HOUSEHOLD WORK AND A LOT MORE SO GIVE USE A MAIL TODAY TANKS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

''Sum f**kin budje dat was. five uro an hav 2 waite til Marsh for dat. tawt fine fall was sposed 2 be on r side, wate till dey nock on my dor luckin 4 r voats''

I'm sure he'll have found a job by March Marsh...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mackeire wrote: »
    HI WE ARE (company name) WE TRY HELP GET RID OFF ALL YOUR OLD AND UNWANTED STUFF FOR FREE BUT WE DO CHARGE TO TAKE AWAY SOFAS AND BED AND MATTRESS, S SO IF YOUR THINKING OFF CLEARING OUT THE ATTIC OR GARAGE OR STUFF LAYING AROUND SURE GIVE US A MAIL TODAY WE ALSO PROVIDE DELIVERY,S FORM HOUSE TO HOUSE OR SHOP TO HOUSE IKEA RUNS AND ALOT MORE WE ALSO PROVIDE RUBBISH CLEAR OUTS ASWELL AS GARDENING HOUSEHOLD WORK AND A LOT MORE SO GIVE USE A MAIL TODAY TANKS

why are they shouting :)

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    why are they shouting :)

Because they're trying to be heard over the Tanks. They clarified it at the end.

Kunst Nugent
    Telpis ! dere's a leek comin frum me neyboors flat an me kischen is ruint. Dere's watta drippin outta da sealing
    an me batroom is in bitz . da ploomber hadta tak of da batpanell

Kunst Nugent
    Telpis ! dere's a leek comin frum me neyboors flat an me kischen is ruint. Dere's watta drippin outta da sealing

Equilibrium and order has been restored to the world…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Kunst Nugent

If you read it in a deep African accent, it's actually spot on phonetically. :pac:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the person who posted it was Irish though...

martyos121 I was trying to type the post in dublinese Facebook/Txt speak. Looks like I failed miserably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

martyos121 I was trying to type the post in dublinese Facebook/Txt speak. Looks like I failed miserably.

But apparently there is a carreer for you as a 419 scammer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ts ok hun xx.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

AND WE DON'T CHARGE EXTRA FOR OUR CAPITAL LETTERS :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

AND WE DON'T CHARGE EXTRA FOR OUR CAPITAL LETTERS :confused:

They forgot to mention they do tarmacadam too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Kunst Nugent

They had to take off the batpanell? Bruce Wayne's going to be properly pissed off that someone found the secret entrance to the Bat Cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Because they're trying to be heard over the Tanks. They clarified it at the end.

Best laugh I've ever got from a post on here. Top marks boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Testament1 wrote: »
    Big fans of Final Fantasy 7 eh??

Ha! To go with siblings Barrett and Aeris.

De Bhál wrote: »
    From Linkedin (the new Facebook for many it seems)

'I was raised to treat the janitor with the same respect as the CEO'

Type yes if you agree

3152 thumbs up and 793 replies

a few of the replies
    • The janitor deserves more respect He does the work that others would not want He gets paid a fraction of what he deserves He unlike the Ceo helps the world to be a better and cleaner world He has humbled himself to pick after the rest of us show less
    • YES, Of Course..... they both impact your everyday experience & their humanity must be respected.
    • NO! Treat janitors with more respect because they do more useful work for human beings than CEOs, in general.

I left Facebook several years ago, partly because if stuff like that. Now LinkedIn is arguably worse than Facebook ever was.

The worst one for me is the one where the HR staff member of some place cancels all her meetings for the rest of the day to spend the afternoon with some old person she befriended early in the day somewhere. That's the content of her status update along with photo of her with said person. Of course there was the plethora of likes and comments, almost unanimously positive. Nobody dare mention that some poor schmo might have been in the diary to interview with her over a job he was keen on getting and had to take time off work to attend, or the fact that there's apparently nothing wrong to take time off wildly nilly from your employer to have tea with a total stranger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

^^^
    I love the one lad in there throwing in a:
    'F Janitors, CEO's RULE!'
    Just to rile the masses!
    And it works... every time... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A comment on the Fair City FB
    I don't like that Owen any his a horror an Al the time complaining he never stops for when moved to Carraig town don't blame Debbie stick to guns girl what ever makes happy the other miserable ow

^^
    One of the scriptwriters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭De Bhál

mansize wrote: »

What a story that was to read. I gave up when a Mr. Y got involved. I assume Mr. T wasn't in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Pretty average stuff by the standards of the thread.

Facebook is interchangeable with Google with this person. 2 from today but its fairly regular.

"Can someone who has a gas card handy, give me number off the back please...."

"Deansrath midterm breaks for next year are wen please...?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

WTF ! Hitting someone with a curtain pole. The whole story is bizarre

Scumbags. They'd want to pull themselves together.

• Advertisement

WTF ! Hitting someone with a curtain pole. The whole story is bizarre

But sure we all carry a curtain pole around with us.
    U nevair no wen u mite knead it.

coolhull yer ded rite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

'Never push a loyal person to the point they don't give a damn'

Get a dictionary, look up loyalty, coz what you described ain't it! You're just as conditional as everyone else so get off your high horse!

'Never push a loyal person to the point they don't give a damn'

Get a dictionary, look up loyalty, coz what you described ain't it! You're just as conditional as everyone else so get off your high horse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

⚠⚠⚠⚠��������������⚠⚠⚠⚠��������������������������
    ATTENTION!!!! Do not join the group currently on Facebook with the title "to be a father or mother was the greatest gift of my life". it is a group of pedophiles who are trying to access the photos. Please copy and paste! We keep the kids safe! (please... lose a minute to copy and paste..)
    Copy and paste and not share ����������

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

sligojoek wrote: »
    ATTENTION!!!! Do not join the group currently on Facebook with the title "to be a father or mother was the greatest gift of my life". it is a group of pedophiles who are trying to access the photos. Please copy and paste! We keep the kids safe! (please... lose a minute to copy and paste..)

Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

sligojoek wrote: »

Jaysus, it's back again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

The Peados must be in their Peadolair concocting new peadoplans to get access to pictures of your lil princez and princezz's.
    Who the fcuk dreams up these 'warnings'??

So they've stopped driving round in white vans have they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,965 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

What if it's a false flag? :eek:

The Peados must be in their Peadolair concocting new peadoplans to get access to pictures of your lil princez and princezz's.
    Who the fcuk dreams up these 'warnings'??

Peadolair looks like one of those obscure Irish names trendy middle class couples pick for their spawn.

Peadolair looks like one of those obscure Irish names trendy middle class couples pick for their spawn.

Ha! Very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

So we were here tonight when a guy was over the railing trying to commit suicide and **** the amazing man he is calmed him down and stopped him can't even cope with the psychos here but being together has made us even stronger #myman #strongertogether #sohappy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Not a status but I've seen a trend develop recently of these 'challenge accepted' type posts, if you can get 5k shares and 3k likes then you can have such and such! So f'ing dumb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Not a status but I've seen a trend develop recently of these 'challenge accepted' type posts, if you can get 5k shares and 3k likes then you can have such and such! So f'ing dumb!
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/one-million-facebook-likes-pleas I wonder whatever happened to young Optimus Prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

mikhail wrote: »

Yes, they're sort of different to what I'm referring to though, it's people asking/begging say a pub can they have the use of their function room or a free DJ for the night if they can get so many likes, it's far lower scale than say trying for 1million likes worldwide type things, it's hard to explain really but I'm annoyed by it!

"If you hate what cancer does to people, like and share this post"

OK, I've liked and shared. What happens now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

Cancer is now defeated.

Next up, world peace! Just 15,000 likes and shares for all conflict to end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Not an update but

I just ordered something fairly expensive for my aunt and noticed amazon now gives the option for it to be posted to your Facebook or Twitter.

What could possibly go wrong with publicly advertising you have new expensive things in your house......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement