Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 NFL season - Week 3 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That's enough of Cards for me. Wasters.

When you throw 3 picks your always gonna be up against it. The lions have blown leads, but have been competitive and it was only a matter of time, surprised it came v the Cards but I didn't think Murray would put in such a poor passing performance.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Or did the cards **** the bed ?

Murray shat the bed anyway.

Lions finally got one done, that game winning drive was superb. Snapped an 11 game losing streak did it?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

Lions win a game of football!!!!!!!
    The Matt Patricia circus rolls on to another week

Zoton wrote: »
    The Matt Patricia circus rolls on to another week

I take it you don't think a corner has been turned? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Metcalf silencing the haters again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That throw from Wilson was incredible.

Wilson is something else

Some finish for drama, dak saw his name in lights there and missed the 4 Seahawks he threw it at :D

That throw from Wilson was incredible.

Perfect throw and Buck says it floated a little.

Himself and Aikman went silent after Metcalf caught it. I'm sure they're devastated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Nice for Metcalf to get the winning TD after that shocker earlier

Redemption alright

Oat23 wrote: »

Himself and Aikman went silent after Metcalf caught it. I'm sure they're devastated.

Let them at it. Ha.

It was a 3rd and 3. I mean, he didn't NEED to do it, but the guy CAN so why the hell not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Either Aikman had a massive head cold or something else as he sounded awful tonight. I don’t know who’s top of the NFC east tonight but for a division that prides itself on being one of the best in the NFL, it’s not living up to it in any way so far this season.

Might be a wildly unpopular opinion but I think Mike Tirico is far better than Al Michaels.

I'm sure the potential SNF job was part of the reasoning he joined NBC a few years ago for the Olympics job.

Might be a wildly unpopular opinion but I think Mike Tirico is far better than Al Michaels.

I'm sure the potential SNF job was part of the reasoning he joined NBC a few years ago for the Olympics job.

Ah al Michael’s is good but he’s been there a while. Tirico has a comforting air about him.

• Advertisement

Ah al Michael’s is good but he’s been there a while. Tirico has a comforting air about him.

Why isn't Michaels in the booth?

Thought it was funny when Tirico apologised to Chris about him not being able to do his "slide".

EDIT: Seems it's a plan

https://nypost.com/2020/09/03/sunday-night-football-mike-tirico-to-get-some-of-al-michaels-work/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I'm a big fan of both. A weird complaint but Tirico nearly seems too perfect at times. It is a waste to have him in the studio when there are so many poor guys doing games.

Saints had those initial big plays here but Packers seem to be on top since. Interested to see if those Saints plays were specifically targeting weaknesses they saw on tape and whether they can keep getting those looks as the game goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Thought it was funny when Tirico apologised to Chris about him not being able to do his "slide".

I remember hearing/reading that he was going to take weeks off during the season to limit his travel. They pointed it to be COVID related but I'd say it might be a handy excuse so they can keep Tirico happy and/or give him exposure for succession planning.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I remember hearing/reading that he was going to take weeks off during the season to limit his travel. They pointed it to be COVID related but I'd say it might be a handy excuse so they can keep Tirico happy and/or give him exposure for succession planning.

Had a read around there, seems to be a bit of column A and a bit of Column B.

Wait so why is Al missing tonight ? I’ve been trying to watch both wwe and the nfl for a couple of hours and failing so I clearly missed why Tirico is in and not Al Michaels.

• Advertisement

EDIT: Seems it's a plan

https://nypost.com/2020/09/03/sunday-night-football-mike-tirico-to-get-some-of-al-michaels-work/
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    Had a read around there, seems to be a bit of column A and a bit of Column B.
    Wait so why is Al missing tonight ? I’ve been trying to watch both wwe and the nfl for a couple of hours and failing so I clearly missed why Tirico is in and not Al Michaels.

Basically the posts above yours :)

Click on that NY Post link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

i've only seen parts of this but Rodgers is looking ridiculously good, as good as I've seen him in years and years. Looks like the draft was the kick in the arse he needed.

If they lose tonight and the Bears end up on top of the division it will be as unjustified a lead as i've ever seen.

i've only seen parts of this but Rodgers is looking ridiculously good, as good as I've seen him in years and years. Looks like the draft was the kick in the arse he needed.

If they lose tonight and the Bears end up on top of the division it will be as unjustified a lead as i've ever seen.

A bears fan complementing a packers QB ? 2020 reallyhas chucked all the rules out the window clearly.

He's been very good. But the Saints D have been equally as good as well tonight. kept them out a couple of times earlier on.

Turning into quite a game.

Delighted I have a late start tomorrow to get to stay up for it.

A bears fan complementing a packers QB ? 2020 reallyhas chucked all the rules out the window clearly.

Bears fans have Stockholm syndrome maybe. Can't argue with what's on the screen in front of us. I was hoping the decision to replace him meant they felt he was in decline, and that the less spectacular play of the last few years and his tendency to throw tantrums and seemingly be in tension with his head coach would continue. No evidence of it right now.

Anyway can we get onto the much more important topic of Kamara's teeth?

Ludicrously generous spot on that for the first down. Very rare that these challenges ever get upheld though, which is weird because I always think the spotting is the most arbitrary and error-prone thing in all of football reffing, and that's saying something. Always seems to me that refs just pick a spot from very rough impressions (and often having seen the play at a strange angle), but they declare the spot and place the ball with total confidence and assurance as if they know. It's long past time to put a chip in the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Packers, well Rodgers wins. Imagine if they had used that first round pick on a wide receiver.
    Saints I feel would have won that if they had Thomas, he is always available and it's clear Breed has got too used to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SupraSonic26

glad my dolphins won on tnf, dreading playing seahawks sunday wilson will hammer us but our d was really good against the jags offense so we might keep the scoreline down!

Well at least the eagles didn’t lose last night.

Here we go...

This genuinely has me giddy with how this could end up.

• Advertisement

Decent enough first drive.

Piss poor stuff from Ravens on D. Far too easy for Chiefs.

Piss poor stuff from Ravens on D. Far too easy for Chiefs.

May as well have not had the D on there. Poor.

Ravens D will have me asleep shortly.

If we don't get a TD on this next drive, it'll be a blowout.

A 93 yard return will certainly suffice.

It's bubbling under.

We'd be better off just leaving Calais Campbell out there on his own.

Snead and Boykin bouncing into each other in the middle of the field sums up our first half.

• Advertisement

I think that TD sums up your half. Jeebus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

This Chiefs offense, weapons everywhere.

That'll be goodnight from me, before I burst every vein and artery in me head.

That'll be goodnight from me, before I burst every vein and artery in me head.

I was wrong. That turnover sums up your half.

This could get ugly if they don't make the stop. Chiefs get ball in second half too.

It'll be a bloodbath as long as the Chiefs keep their foot down. Calais Campbell the only fella doing a tap on D. Offence not much better aside from Lamar's early run down the line and obviously the 93 yard return.

DBs look live they've each had a half dozen Guinness before kick-off.

Needed that stop and miss.

• Advertisement

27 points and it should be more, hopefully they keep the foot on the gas in the second half too.

To say the Ravens needed that turnover would be an understatement.

Ravens D has shown up, big stop there and a TD on this drive makes it very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If the Ravens D step up here quickly vi can see this game being tied. Chiefs D have to be feeling tired right now.

It's just astounding how Mahomes just seems to create space from nothing. Pleasure to watch.

Edwards-Helaire is having a game to boot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement