Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 superS

Im not sure what company my schools using but for Business HL theres something on
    Breakeven and Ratios

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

The only subjects I didn't cheat in in the Mocks last year were English, Business & Economics and they ended up being my 3 A grades in the Mocks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Rebel7 wrote: »
    Wat were the poems and stories that ye were narrowed down to?

Irish HL Examcraft:

As far as I know it is
    Mo ghra sa and oisin in tir na nOG
    but please remember that different teachers use different mock companies so they are all different! I think this is from exam craft (Confirmed Higher Level Examcraft)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 monkeymadness

Our biology (HL) teacher said
    reproduction might come up. She won't say in humans or plants though, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lisheen2308

Physics HL:
    experiments from what i remember were
    acceleration due to gravity my freefall, vaporisation of steam, some sound one i cant remember on sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Tanga1

Are accounting teacher told us what's coming up? Making this too easy.

Accounting:
    Sole Trader, Published Accounts (100 marks), Incomplete Records (like the one in 2005), Marginal + Absorption (like the one in 2006), Production Budget

I sat the higher level physics today
    Spoiler:
    simple harmonic motion, acceleration due to gravity, vaporisation of steam, resistivity, diodes and p and n type semiconductors, radioactive decay, few more

<no requests>

Physics HL

Our teacher told us for mechanics its going to be
    simple harmonic motion + force + momentum and something on sound

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Holy Jesus and his immaculately conceived mother, will you PLEASE state what company you are talking about, otherwise your information is utterly useless.

How are we supposed to know? I am supposed to just ask the teacher "Hey miss what company did you get the mock papers from". Don't you think he/she would get suspicious. If your teacher gives you a clue, you can just collaborate with the information on here. Or just study what similar chapters are coming up in the different mock papers.

It's noot that hard!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tanga1 wrote: »
    How are we supposed to know? I am supposed to just ask the teacher "Hey miss what company did you get the mock papers from". Don't you think he/she would get suspicious. If your teacher gives you a clue, you can just collaborate with the information on here. Or just study what similar chapters are coming up in the different mock papers.

It's noot that hard!!!

If you bothered to read the thread, you would see where it has been posted how to identify the two main companies.

Ash2012 said : Deb have barcodes on the back and front and left hand side of the paper, Examcraft have them on the right handside!

I realise you and many of the posters in this thread never posted before, but please, read the entire thread, don't just drop in and out.

Last year one valiant poster created a whole spreadsheet on it. This can't be done with 'hints' that are useless.

It's not that hard!!

• Advertisement

You failed to realise that I have not seen the mock papers. My posts should have suggested that I have not sat the mocks.

"Are accounting teacher told us what's coming up"

So do you expect me to try to forcefully find these mock papers and to look for a barcode while getting myself caught?

You failed to realise that I have not seen the mock papers. My posts should have suggested that I have not sat the mocks.

"Are accounting teacher told us what's coming up"

So do you expect me to try to forcefully find these mock papers and to look for a barcode while getting myself caught?

I don't expect you to do anything, but please don't muddy the waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Lets try keep on topic, but remember that most schools haven't started the mocks yet so this thread will get much much busier in a few weeks time. When that happens, it'll get very tedious trawling through posts asking "Which company is this hint for???" so if you are going to give hints, please state which paper you are talking about.

Can anyone tell me the poets coming up on English Paper 2? We're doing the examcraft exam. I just did Paper 1, so if anyone wants information on that, I'll gladly be of assistance. I've also done examcraft Irish.

Post away, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

spurious wrote: »
    Holy Jesus and his immaculately conceived mother, will you PLEASE state what company you are talking about, otherwise your information is utterly useless.

wow... i have never seen someone get so worked up before about a mock, they only use the 2 companies so its a 50 percent anyway , not such a big deal, eh relax...

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    wow... i have never seen someone get so worked up before about a mock, they only use the 2 companies so its a 50 percent anyway , not such a big deal, eh relax...

You obviously have no idea of the moderation involved in this thread annually. If it carries on the way it is going, I will be talking to the other mods about whether to scrap it altogether.

There are four companies that I know of currently trying to get schools to buy their papers.

Reminding aimzLc2 that holding two accounts here is not acceptable. Please use one or the other.

Back on topic.

If posting, remember to

1. use spoilers (if you don't know how, find out)
    2. state which company the paper is from
    3. state what level paper it is

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

aimzLc2 wrote: »

There is actually more than two companies I know of 4 it's just that most schools tend to stick to the main two! They could easily get other ones though

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Jade. wrote: »
    There is actually more than two companies I know of 4 it's just that most schools tend to stick to the main two! They could easily get other ones though

I am aware that it is not just 2 companies that exist , that is why,if you read my post, i said they only use two , every year as they are the most reliable companies.

German Examcraft Aural:

Right, just got the german aural done. The least we deserve is some feedback on what came up in your mocks.

the mock company is examcraft
    the first question is an interview of someone who moved to german. from what i can hear she is from utopia. it is the easiest questions out of all the others. i don't think you will need help.

the phone call is to a person named Kayser. the problem is that he won the lottery or some competition but there was some problem with his bank account.
    one of the emotion verbs it asks you to write at the end is unglaublich and complicated.

the next question is between a 2 students. they are talking about what to do after the leaving cert. he is neutral or some verb saying not happy *answer c.the thing he planned was to go to Italy and eat in italian restaurants and go to the disco.

the last one was the most difficult (in my opinion) *the news. the first one was why do the boys not cooperate in school. (i guessed!) and it also asked you what percentage of girls did something something (the answer is 58%)
    the next one was about a crash (a bus and a car). no one was injured but one of them was shocked. the next question asked you to describe 2 people (they were 18 and 23 years old and from berlin). and the other part of it was why the police arrested them (they stole cars and one of them had no driving license)
    the weather was about (rain, shower, strong wind) and for 2morrow (rain and a word (wessen) i think)

thats all i know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 monkeymadness

French HL DEB

<no requests>

The French (HL) essay titles are
    obesity, a journal intime about going travelling and there's a picture of a polluted beach so write about the environment. (i haven't done it yet my cousin told me that's what he did)

(DEB papers)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rebel7

Right, just got the german aural done. The least we deserve is some feedback on what came up in your mocks.

the mock company is examcraft
    the first question is an interview of someone who moved to german. from what i can hear she is from utopia. it is the easiest questions out of all the others. i don't think you will need help.

the phone call is to a person named Kayser. the problem is that he won the lottery or some competition but there was some problem with his bank account.
    one of the emotion verbs it asks you to write at the end is unglaublich and complicated.

the next question is between a 2 students. they are talking about what to do after the leaving cert. he is neutral or some verb saying not happy *answer c.the thing he planned was to go to Italy and eat in italian restaurants and go to the disco.

the last one was the most difficult (in my opinion) *the news. the first one was why do the boys not cooperate in school. (i guessed!) and it also asked you what percentage of girls did something something (the answer is 58%)
    the next one was about a crash (a bus and a car). no one was injured but one of them was shocked. the next question asked you to describe 2 people (they were 18 and 23 years old and from berlin). and the other part of it was why the police arrested them (they stole cars and one of them had no driving license)
    the weather was about (rain, shower, strong wind) and for 2morrow (rain and a word (wessen) i think)

thats all i know!
    I had mine 2day and it was a Deb paper and these were the things on it!!

mine had the barcode on the right (or on the left from my perspective). there was no other barcodes on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rebel7

yeah dats the deb paper. examcraft has tick on it!

Well this guy posted that examcraft have a barcode on it so i can only use the info given on this forum!

If you bothered to read the thread, you would see where it has been posted how to identify the two main companies.

Ash2012 said : Deb have barcodes on the back and front and left hand side of the paper, Examcraft have them on the right handside!

I realise you and many of the posters in this thread never posted before, but please, read the entire thread, don't just drop in and out.

Last year one valiant poster created a whole spreadsheet on it. This can't be done with 'hints' that are useless.

Every year we get deliberate mis-information on this thread from some people, so beware of anything you take from it.

Some seriously strange people out there in terms of how they get their jollies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 candyshan

I havent done the mocks but tips from my teachers were
    Biology:
    Respiration, Photosynthesis ( definitly the experiment!! ) Reproduction, Enzyme immobilisation experiment, mineral uptake,diffusion and active transport in plants.
    Irish OL:
    Definitly not hurlamabac for pros (OL) and Do you like the poem, dont know which poem though!
    English:
    Bishop
    Geography:
    Soil question for Geoecology(80 mark Q)

Thats all i know,
    <no requests>

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

As there are four companies making mock papers and 5 prós/poems for Irish it doesn't help much to know what's on each one of them. Especially as the ones that came up last year most likely won't be on the mocks so all you're finding out is that it's definitely one of the four.... It's only 10% anyway for prós and poems. Work on sraith pictiúr and aistí.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Post away, thanks.

English HL Examcraft Paper 1:

Sorry for the delay. Was busy getting between 10-20% in honour's maths. I can't say what came up sadly, because it was a custom paper made by our teacher :(

Anyway, here's English Paper 1 HL Examcraft for you all.
    It's kind of hard to discuss the Question A's of the texts, but they all involved discussing which pictures (1/2 or 2/3) do you feel suit the content of the text.

Well, for the Question B's:

TEXT 1 - Letter to the writer of the article on the objects you feel represent life in Ireland in the 21st century.
    TEXT 2 - Speech about the 50th anniversary of your school, and how it should be celebrated.
    TEXT 3 - Article for school website discussing importance of studying history.

Essays and such:

1 - article for newspaper on role played by celebrity culture.
    2 - personal essay on what consider to be an ingenious solution to a problem.
    3 - short story in which a secret is central to the plot
    4 - inspirational speech to a group embarking on a challenge
    5 - article on importance if keeping/breaking rules
    6 - personal essay about objects you hate/love
    7 - short story with elderly character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Darina123

Now that I've been so kind, can anyone tell me what poet is coming up on Examcraft English Paper 2?

English Examcraft Paper 2:

Haven't sat the paper yet but our teacher has told us
    bishop and Mahon are possible.. And that theme/issue and cultural context could be featuring in the comparative
    :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement