Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

K695 wrote: »
    Our school is doing DEB mocks aswell, mine aren't till next week but I have a fair few spoilers for those papers!

English paper 2 (HL):
    Poets are Bishop, Mahon, Shakespeare and Hopkins. Comparative questions are
    Cultural Context and Themes and Issues.
    EXAMCRAFT ENGLISH PAPER 2:
    Poets:

Bishop - profound insights through vivid moments of perception.
    Mahon - people and places
    Shakespeare - insights to love, death and mortality
    Hopkins - tight balance between powerful emotions and a skilled poetic style

Macbeth:
    Kingship, and Macbeth's downfall.

Comparative:
    Cultural context - power and status and impact on modern reader
    Theme/Issue - influence on reader's perceptions or central character and then symbolism/characterisation/imagery to reveal aspects of theme or issue in a text.

OK, so given these two response, there are a few options regarding the spoilers regarding English Paper Two:

1. One of the posters has got confused and has posted the wrong company
    2. The exact same poets and comparative topics came up on both papers

Can these posters clarify that they are certain about the company their papers came from?

And can someone else who did the DEB paper confirm the poets that are coming up?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aoifelynchh

Any idea about Irish HL essay titles on paper 1? Not sure what exam company yet, I just want a fair idea! I've heard
    the education system and racism
    but is that only one type of paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

VincentLeB wrote: »
    OK, so given these two response, there are a few options regarding the spoilers regarding English Paper Two:

1. One of the posters has got confused and has posted the wrong company
    2. The exact same poets and comparative topics came up on both papers

Can these posters clarify that they are certain about the company their papers came from?

And can someone else who did the DEB paper confirm the poets that are coming up?

Thanks.

Presuming that the the Examcraft papers have the barcode on the top right of the paper, then the English paper is 100% examcraft. I have the paper right here in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eilisnina

english HL DEB:
    mahon, plath and bishop

irish HL DEB:
    geibheann, caca millis, aiste = foreigean

geography HL DEB:
    migration, demographic cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LCR13

Geography Higher level. Not sure which co. :
    Physical : Human interaction with rock cycle(extraction)
    One landform of erosion / deposition
    Karst - dripstone
    Earthquakes-how they occur and effects
    One process of mass movement

Regional : Constrast secondary activites b/t BMW and Dub Area
    Outline map of Ireland and draw in few towns and phys features
    Not sure what else

Biome: Human interactions (i think!)

<no requests>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 nickyh

<no requests>

Geography:

for d biome question in geog its spoiler:
    how does climate influence charactoristics of a biome

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bittamockshelp

Irish HL:

people have posted whats coming up for HL irish paper 1 on both DEBS and examcraft for higher level irish (thanks btw!) but im wondering does anyone know if it was the DEBS or EXAMCRAFT papers in the listening test for which one of the answers was
    ecstasy ?
    this would be so helpful as ive only done the irish listening and im trying to work out which company is making my mocks

Use spoilers please, read the first post

• Registered Users Posts: 6 monkeymadness

i am after reading through this whole thread and i am so confused as to what will be on the DEB HL english + irish paper?

if anyone could tell for certain please do because at that start i was seeing
    mahon, hopkins, shakespeare, bishop but there now someone said plath.
    if
    plath
    is on for DEFINITE please tell me

and as for Irish i am so so confused.... is it
    geibheann + caca milis (HL) cos we haven't done caca milis? :( and an triail question anyoneeee?

.....i have hints for biology ;)

Biology DEB HL.... (i haven't sat the paper yet, i start this weds. but our teacher gave us revision sheets in our 5th year Christmas and summer exams which were all on actual the paper, and these are what she advised us to revise)
    so: ecology- competition, photosynthesis, one of those enzyme experiments about like rate of reactions being affected by heat/ Ph etc. homeostasis and excretion (and diffusion), reproduction ( won't say whether plant/humans) and ensure you know the food + nutrition stuff like the experiments on fats, protein, carbohydrates etc. and know which enzyme breaks down what into substrates and all of that fun stuff. AND immunity/ defense system.
    hope this helps.

<no requests>

Biology DEB HL:

sorry and
    blood for bio, deb..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Leaving_cert

i am after reading through this whole thread and i am so confused as to what will be on the DEB HL english + irish paper?

if anyone could tell for certain please do because at that start i was seeing
    mahon, hopkins, shakespeare, bishop but there now someone said plath.
    if
    plath
    is on for DEFINITE please tell me

and as for Irish i am so so confused.... is it
    geibheann + caca milis (HL) cos we haven't done caca milis? :( and an triail question anyoneeee?

.....i have hints for biology ;)

I'm pretty sure that is the DEB Irish paper if you don't do
    caca milis you do an laisir coille instead I think
    I don't know the essay titles as I'm doing exam craft Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ana27

SeanMcG95 wrote: »
    Biology experiments anyone?

Biology:

the
    photosynthesis experiment, one of the enzyme experiments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 J_A

Does anyone know if the mocks are similar to past exam papers in the fact that the same type of questions come up every year? In history certain questions appear almost consistently every year,does this mean they'll more than likely appear on the mock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 llemonss

French HL DEB:

I dont do OL Maths but our teacher basically told us everything written wise coming up on french. our school always gets debs
    journal intime is about travel and taking a year out to travel there's a picture of a beach that's polluted and whats your reaction to it essay on obesity unemployment television-do young people watch too much- essay on trying and succeding not really sure what that's all about and one on your dreams/aspirations and future

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

English:

Trying to figure out what company mocks my school uses, so if someone who knows an english paper one could help me out it would be much appreciated. Can't remember where the barcode was located, and the paper was collected.

Spoiler: The theme of my paper was
    relics

<no requests>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yoyoyoyo!

sconaty27 wrote: »
    Thats the DEB paper
    On our Deb English paper 1 there was
    Section 1:TEXT 1 a passage on Jim stynes Question B was write an inspirational speech to 6th years to make the most of their lives
    Text 2: a passage about Orla tinsley and Cystic Fibrosis Question B write a proposal to editor of your news paper on why you want to interview Orla Tinsley
    Text 3:An article by Joseph o connor about his father Question B write two Diary entries by his father about one when he was young and the other when he was a parent with young children

Essays:
    1 Write a personal Essay about times in your life when you had to remain positive
    2 write an opinion piece for magazine entitled "young people have lost their individuality"
    3 write a short story inspired by the phrase "the pain of saying goodbye and moving on"
    4 write a persuasive speech on the issue of freedom of speech in todays world
    5 write a personal essay in which you explore the aspects of modern life which you find difficult to understand or accept
    6 Write an article (serious or light hearted) for a school magazine on the importance of hopes and dreams in our lives
    7 Write a ghost story in which setting/location plays a significant role

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LBowe94

yoyoyoyo! wrote: »
    On our Deb English paper 1 there was
    Section 1:TEXT 1 a passage on Jim stynes Question B was write an inspirational speech to 6th years to make the most of their lives
    Text 2: a passage about Orla tinsley and Cystic Fibrosis Question B write a proposal to editor of your news paper on why you want to interview Orla Tinsley
    Text 3:An article by Joseph o connor about his father Question B write two Diary entries by his father about one when he was young and the other when he was a parent with young children

Essays:
    1 Write a personal Essay about times in your life when you had to remain positive
    2 write an opinion piece for magazine entitled "young people have lost their individuality"
    3 write a short story inspired by the phrase "the pain of saying goodbye and moving on"
    4 write a persuasive speech on the issue of freedom of speech in todays world
    5 write a personal essay in which you explore the aspects of modern life which you find difficult to understand or accept
    6 Write an article (serious or light hearted) for a school magazine on the importance of hopes and dreams in our lives
    7 Write a ghost story in which setting/location plays a significant role

English DEB Paper 1:

I sat that same paper, the theme of it was
    hope

<no requests>

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CallMeByMyName

Nearly sure this was DEBS

French DEB HL:
    a comprehension on the aspirations of a young girl who has had a tough life. a comprehension on a french girl who isnt doing well in english in school so her parents are sending her on a english trip. a journal intime about travelling and taking a year out to travel, a personal piece on if you think it is important to have dreams in your life (question inspired by the 1st comprehension), a piece about obesity, a picture of a polluted beach and you give your opinion on it and pollution.

Nearly sure this was DEBS

Maths DEB HL:
    Argand diagram, polar form, what happens when you multiply complex numbers, a financial maths q on AER Interest rates, integration, diffrentiation, a simultaneous equation with 3 equations, a question about writing an expression for the weekly/annual sales of a shirt company, writing an equation as a single fraction, sinx from first principle. and more that i cant remember

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Leahxo

TripShip wrote: »
    I'm not sure what company this is. It's paper 1 theme was
    relics.
    Anyone have any details on English Paper 2 for this company?

English Paper 1:

That's Examcraft. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Aoife b1008

Anyone know the hl Irish essay titles? My teacher hinted at
    ceoil
    but I'm confused! Please help?!!

Use spoilers please, read the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CiaraFolens

Physics HL, possibly DEB:

Sat the HL Physics paper today almost sure its debs? bar code on top left hand corner and bottom right hand corner! Paper was a joke didn't have a notion hope it helps some of you guys out there!! mandatory exp
    Q1 experiment to measure acceleration due to gravity by free fall apparatus, Q2 experiment to measure specific latent heat of vaporisation of water, Q3 experiment to measure the speed of sound in air by measuring the length of column of air tuning fork,,,Q4 exp on resistivity of nichrome wire

section b simple harmonic motion, laws of reflection of light, prisims periscopes,,, jj thompson value of e/m, thermistor p and n type semiconductors, radioactivity penetrating powers etc, diffraction grating thermometric properties

all i can remember folks :D maybe some of us will pass it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lolno

for english paper 2 DEBS (I'm sure it was)
    the poets are Bishop(about her vivid imagery, peoples and places) plath, mahon and wordsworth if I can remember correctly
    macbeth question was about Lady Macbeth, asking if you thought she was a ruthless character, and the other was about kingship I'm sure.
    in the cultural context one of the questions was asking does the social interaction between men and women help us understand the cultural context. there was another I can only remember the questions I did, sorry.

Home Ec DEBS (I think)
    In sq, know your properties of thiamine, and something about food processor came up food processor,
    long questions - q2 is about oesteoporosis, definition, how to prevent it, and a meal for someone with it,
    another question was on marriage, definition, 2 cultural difference of marriage, and another part asking about what does the mediation service do for couples seeking separation/divorce
    i'll write down more if I can remember any.

<no requests>

what theorem

Maths DEB HL:

i didnt see any theorem but then again i might have missed it.

unless you mean
    de moivres theorem as that was on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

i didnt see any theorem but then again i might have missed it.

unless you mean
    de moivres theorem as that was on it

Nope, its usually Q6a on paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Not a repeat or anything, but what's the point of paying >€100 for mocks, which are supposed to give you an idea of timing, formats etc etc, when you basically cheat? :)

I don't get mock exams tbh!
    We were told there recently we'll be coughing up about €80+ for mocks followed by €300 for repeating afterwards.
    I think mocks are the biggest waste of money!!!
    There is no reason why teachers around the country cannot make their own mock exams, set identical exam circumstances in the room and correct them afterwards!
    It would give a real run for the LC and students keep their money.
    To be quite honest, it's quite lazy of teachers to be making people pay for bloody mock exams (from a money making company) they could make and correct themselves! Even swap with other (eg) bio teachers in the school! God sake!

/rant :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hey hey

Nope, its usually Q6a on paper 2

Maths:

hi i don't know what company but our teacher revised exactly what you said and she told use out straight
    its theorem 12 Ouestion 6
    :D enjoy 25 marks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hey hey

DEBS HL maths paper 2 anyone?

Maths DEB HL Paper 2:
    theorem 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ReggaePears

Hey guys, got a few tips from teachers hope this helps :

(my mocks company is examcraft ( I THINK !! 75% sure ))

Physics Examcraft HL:
    Experiments : Gravity free fall, Vapourisation of Steam, Speed of sound (tube/frequency) Current (resistivity)

Other : Half life (radioactivity), Refraction/Reflection Circular Motion + SHM

Maths Examcraft HL:
    Diffrentiation, Complex numbers, the line , the circle

Hope this helps.. <no requests>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

TripShip wrote: »
    I'm not sure what company this is. It's paper 1 theme was
    relics
    . Anyone have any details on English Paper 2 for this company?

That's the same as my paper and pretty sure it's examcraft.

English Examcraft Paper 2:
    EXAMCRAFT ENGLISH PAPER 2:
    Poets:

Bishop - profound insights through vivid moments of perception.
    Mahon - people and places
    Shakespeare - insights to love, death and mortality
    Hopkins - tight balance between powerful emotions and a skilled poetic style

Macbeth:
    Kingship, and Macbeth's downfall.

Comparative:
    Cultural context - power and status and impact on modern reader
    Theme/Issue - influence on reader's perceptions or central character and then symbolism/characterisation/imagery to reveal aspects of theme or issue in a text.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement