Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro 16” €2374 on amazon, €3299 on Apple

Options
2»

Comments

Escobar phone was a bit of a laugh, you should have taken it as such, it's just something to chat about.

Yeah I remember I had a great laugh trying to explain to you how an obvious scam is a scam, and I'm sure anyone who ended up buying one because your arrogance caused you to keep the thread open had a great laugh too.

Get down off that horse, there's been hundreds of trades discussed and plenty of good returns. You won't always pick a winner.
    Escobar phone was a bit of a laugh, you should have taken it as such, it's just something to chat about, throwing it back in a different unrelated threads is you being an arsehole go follow someone else around from thread to thead slagging them off.

mmm you seemed very invested in the Escobar scam pipe-dream and in defending it for a time...

the Hive share thing was like a slow-motion car-crash denial that went on for ages with the "rocket to moon" tagline :pac:

as I said your username is quite distinctive - the only reason I remember and fair enough a connection to make when you were espousing your "advice" here (which once again is dubious)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Since when is scamming people out of money "a bit of a laugh"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

touts wrote: »
    Apple will have to provide long term support for all existing devices. It's a key element on how they get away with charging so much for their devices. If the "old" Intel powered devices stop working properly in a few months so does Apple's business model.

No doubt the will keep releasing Intel versions of macOS and Apple apps for years to come, however it won’t be their priority to optimise their performance and some third party developers might not bother.

But there is even more important: Apple have said that iOS apps will run on ARM macs out of the box i.e. with literally zero work for developers (of course decent developers will spend some time to adjust the UI but all the core code can remain the same). IMO this is brillant as all of a sudden all iOS developers are becoming Mac developers and can provide Mac versions of their apps very easily; meaning we should see a lot more apps on the Mac.

I suspect the above will make Intel Macs *a lot* less desirable than ARM ones at some point in the next 2-3 years, as they will be completely cut-off from those cross platform apps which can use the same code base to run on Apple TVs, iPads, iPhones, and Mac. I wouldn’t be surprise if large software companies like Adobe or Microsoft who have invested a lot in high quality iOS appS started merging the code base for Mac desktop apps with the the one of the iOS versions of their apps (with a different UI of course), and to leave Intel users with old versions of they desktop Apps which don’t have all the new features while waiting for Intel Mac to disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

glasso wrote: »
    mmm you seemed very invested in the Escobar scam pipe-dream and in defending it for a time...

the Hive share thing was like a slow-motion car-crash denial that went on for ages with the "rocket to moon" tagline :pac:

as I said your username is quite distinctive - the only reason I remember and fair enough a connection to make when you were espousing your "advice" here (which once again is dubious)

You do know you can make money on shares depending on when you buy and sell. Hive is up 228% this year so far. Last one I called over in the investment forum had a savage return within 24hrs. You missed that one as it doesn't suit your narrative.
    Seriously go slag someone else off your not adding anything to this thread.

• Advertisement

Bob24 wrote: »
    No doubt the will keep releasing Intel versions of macOS and Apple apps for years to come, however it won’t be their priority to optimise their performance and some third party developers might not bother.

But there is even more important: Apple have said that iOS apps will run on ARM macs out of the box i.e. with literally zero work for developers (of course decent developers will spend some time to adjust the UI but all the core code can remain the same). IMO this is brillant as all of a sudden all iOS developers are becoming Mac developers and can provide Mac versions of their apps very easily; meaning we should see a lot more apps on the Mac.

I suspect the above will make Intel Macs *a lot* less desirable than ARM ones at some point in the next 2-3 years, as they will be completely cut-off from those cross platform apps which can use the same code base to run on Apple TVs, iPads, iPhones, and Mac. I wouldn’t be surprise if large software companies like Adobe or Microsoft who have invested a lot in high quality iOS appS started merging the code base for Mac desktop apps with the the one of the iOS versions of their apps (with a different UI of course), and to leave Intel users with old versions of they desktop Apps which don’t have all the new features while waiting for Intel Mac to disappear.

to be honest this is at best speculative and

-> phone apps are not really used on desktop/ laptop and vice versa

-> the current desktop versions of applications are already in place and it is not that much effort to be added to for new versions

-> many apps are moving or have already moved the heavy parts to the cloud - e.g. adobe cloud and hence are increasingly system agnostic

You do know you can make money on shares depending on when you buy and sell. Hive is up 228% this year so far. Last one I called over in the investment forum had a savage return within 24hrs. You missed that one as it doesn't suit your narrative.
    Seriously go slag someone else off your not adding anything to this thread.

I have addressed the apple issue in this thread

about hive, you know very well that the activity on the thread re that share price, particularly your shilling advice, took place a couple of years ago....

zQgePxU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Can you guys take your discussion else where? This offer has expired now, perhaps a mod can close this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Kick that stupid troll out

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dmac98

digiman wrote: »
    It’s still a cracking laptop at that price. Yeah Apple have their own coming out but would you really recommend waiting for the 1at gen version of that? Also if you want to run windows on the new processor you won’t be able to

Had the last gen of PowerPC desktop when they first came out. Paid about 4000 euro and trusted them as they made all same promises that you're saying they'll do this time around with support etc.
    Was honestly worst spend I've ever done.

Only went back to Mac a few years ago as couldn't afford upgrades due to PowerPC being worthless, and have decided won't be upgrading to newer intel until their entire line is sorted, if I will keep with Mac ever again.

You say it's a cracker for that price and you can run Windows but if you're running Windows on it you shouldn't really worried about getting a good deal because a Mac with windows on it is a waste of money no matter what

• Advertisement
Advertisement