Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Read Dead Redemption 2 49.99 Supervalu

• 25-10-2018 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭

Great Price for the most awaited game of the year.

Pick up Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS4 or Xbox ONE in selected SuperValu stores from Friday October 26th for just €49.99.

Offer available while stocks last. Find your nearest SuperValu stockist here: https://bit.ly/2AqRNOS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Just be aware you're taking a chance! If you don't get one there it'll probably cost you 60. Safer to split the difference and pre-book in Smyth's for 55?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Just be aware you're taking a chance! If you don't get one there it'll probably cost you 60. Safer to split the difference and pre-book in Smyth's for 55?

Its 60 in Smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hogzy wrote: »
    Its 60 in Smyths

Click and collect brings it down to 55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

I don't see an option on Smyths to pre-order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

They’d about 10 PS4 and 10 Xbox in SuperValu Rosslare Harbour this morning at 7.30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Cormo87

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

bigron2109 wrote: »
    They’d about 10 PS4 and 10 Xbox in SuperValu Rosslare Harbour this morning at 7.30pm

Same in Supervalu Balieboro although 3 ps4 copies were sold by 7.31 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Thanks OP got one in SuperValu bunclody

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Supervalue Knocklyon have a good few of them, both consoles

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

According to manager in SuperValu Ballymote they won't be getting any in stock :rolleyes:

Why be put on the list then... I suspect the staff had the copies pre booked.

• Advertisement

I'd say check your local supervalu's facebook. Most of the ones who have it are explicitly advertising it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd say check your local supervalu's facebook. Most of the ones who have it are explicitly advertising it.

Ah it's grand, I have it reserved in Argos anyways as the manager is famous for pulling this sort of stuff.

Necrominus wrote: »
    According to manager in SuperValu Ballymote they won't be getting any in stock :rolleyes:
    If you're bothered i'd send a note to Supervalue head office. They'll know which branches got stock and they won't be happy if a branch took copies and didn't put them for sale. It's worth complaining over if you wasted a trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

My local super didn't get the Xbox copy's only the ps4 ones!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any sign in the dublin city centre stores? they weren't on the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

If you're bothered i'd send a note to Supervalue head office. They'll know which branches got stock and they won't be happy if a branch took copies and didn't put them for sale. It's worth complaining over if you wasted a trip.

I'm sure that they still got sold, to staff.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,401 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

OH picked up a copy in SV Castlebar for me, stock left for both platforms still apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

My local store in Portarlington only got PS4 copies, same with Mountmellick and Monasterevein...... :mad:

here are the stores that are stocking them doesn't tell if they have xbox or ps4 - https://supervalu.ie/offers/red-dead-redemption

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Coneire

None left in super value Lucan. Sold out 5 minutes after opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got one in Northside SC this morning no hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

There is a big box full left in Gort for anyone this side of Galway. Must have at least 50 on each platform. Even have some Black Ops 4 left over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Got mine in Supervalu Castletroy this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

jesus - got ripped off so in Gamestop (€69.99)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

jesus - got ripped off so in Gamestop (€69.99)

Jaysus yeah. Even amazon would have been a lot cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

My local store in Portarlington only got PS4 copies, same with Mountmellick and Monasterevein...... :mad:

here are the stores that are stocking them doesn't tell if they have xbox or ps4 - https://supervalu.ie/offers/red-dead-redemption

any idea of amount of copies in port?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Tipperary Town had none either. Never came in they said. Annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Got one for a tenner. Cant complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just realised I have a €10 off voucher, so might pick this up today for 39.99 ... trade it in after playing it and should get same value back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SuperValu Enniscorthy got 26 copies for PS4, dunno about Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

An hour ago there looked like 4 copies for Xbox left in Midleton. All PS4 gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,364 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SuperValu Enniscorthy got 26 copies for PS4, dunno about Xbox.

Them feckers weren't on the list were they :confused: I bought it digitally because I didn't want to drive anywhere to collect the dam thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

dan786 wrote: »
    Great Price for the most awaited game of the year.

Pick up Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS4 or Xbox ONE in selected SuperValu stores from Friday October 26th for just €49.99.

Offer available while stocks last. Find your nearest SuperValu stockist here: https://bit.ly/2AqRNOS
    SuperValu money off vouchers can be used with them too. Got mine for €38.99 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

akelly02 wrote: »
    any idea of amount of copies in port?

Im not sure, I spoke with Manager he said they got a box full with PS4 versions only. I called supervalue in Portlaoise and was lucky to get one of the staff to put one aside for me, going over at 2pm to collect it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Got mine at 9am this morning. Had to ask behind the desk for it. Weekend sorted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone any idea if it’s in Merchants Quay in Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Claw09

Picked up a ps4 copy in SuperValu Corbally now. There at customer service in a drawer, just ask for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Was sold out of my Supervalue today.
    TBH, if you are willing to wait a week, you will probably pick up a copy in CEX for about 50 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Doodah7

TBH, if you are willing to wait a week, you will probably pick up a copy in CEX for about 50 euro.

There was available on CEX earlier for €60. Madness for a 'second-hand' game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Anyone any idea if it’s in Merchants Quay in Cork?

Just in there 2 minutes ago, no PS4 but they have Xbox they said

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lafpat

Claw09 wrote: »
    Picked up a ps4 copy in SuperValu Corbally now. There at customer service in a drawer, just ask for the game.

Just picked up XBox One version now all PS4 Versions gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

They were behind the counter in mine this morning. Used a 7 off voucher so €43.

Was sold out of my Supervalue today. TBH, if you are willing to wait a week, you will probably pick up a copy in CEX for about 50 euro.

It's 60 now, will probably go up to 70 when the special offers in Smyth's, SuperValu are done, might be 50 in a few months.

sweetie wrote: »
    It's 60 now, will probably go up to 70 when the special offers in Smyth's, SuperValu are done, might be 50 in a few months.

How long you reckon it will be tradeable for €40 cash?

It's currently €48

mrcheez wrote:
    How long you reckon it will be tradeable for €40 cash?

At least 6 weeks I'd say but that's a guess

sweetie wrote: »
    At least 6 weeks I'd say but that's a guess

Cool if I can play this alone for 3 weeks I should see most of it through ;)

Now to see if I can find a copy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

I called into my local SuperValu this morning and they didn't have any Xbox versions, so I got my brother to pick them up by him. Then I called in after work and all they had was Xbox versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Called my local one by phone around 3pm and was told if I'm not there by 6pm it would be gone as promised to hold it. Got into queue at 5:59pm and got it. A lad was waiting nearby as they said if I wasn't there by 6:15pm it would he his. You should have seen his poor face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Word of warning, this has 3Gb download upon install plus initial install takes an age i.e. An hour or two

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Corkforever

Anyone see any left in Cork anywhere this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

TheDriver wrote: »
    Word of warning, this has 3Gb download upon install plus initial install takes an age i.e. An hour or two

Just over two hours but you can't leave it alone until you've to put in disc 2 then it'll run it's course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement