Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭JitzNdHitz

pablo128 wrote: »
    Balgaddy is that bad that vehicles on fire wouldnt be out of place.

It's a vehicle used in a murder 40 mins ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,814 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Don't post the victims name until its confimed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/1101492206123274244?s=19

I wonder who this is, I know John Gilligans nephews live in that estate.

I think Baked Beans is from out that side?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

I think Baked Beans is from out that side?

No he's not, and its not him anyway. No one calls him Baked Beans either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The brother Jackie is a serious karate head

Kung fu.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Heard that too, his brother won't be happy he will go on the rampage.
    The brother Jackie is a serious karate head

I feel awful for laughing but that was funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I feel awful for laughing but that was funny

I've been to funerals that were funnier than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Wasn’t there a woman stabbed to death in clondalkin this morning? Not saying there’s a connection just busy day for the emergency services.

Irish Times quoting cops saying no links between two incidents. One was "an alcohol fuelled domestic violence incident" and the other wasn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

Irish Times quoting cops saying no links between two incidents. One was "an alcohol fuelled domestic violence incident" and the other wasn't.

yeah cause the cops actually know what's going on :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

A man in his 50s is in custody over the stabbing in Clondalkin so I would say unrelated.

• Advertisement

There’s a real hoohaw on twitter as to where foxdene is. So far I’ve seen clondalkin, Lucan, ronanstown and neilstown mentioned.

There’s a real hoohaw on twitter as to where foxdene is. So far I’ve seen clondalkin, Lucan, ronanstown and neilstown mentioned.

Officially as I said it's Lucan south, no one in that estate will tell you they are from Lucan though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

As ever, Twitter miles behind boards

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057941357/11/#post109117791

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Man in his forties. According to 98FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

It used to be Clondalkin but was rezoned to Lucan years ago.
    They are welcome to it.

pablo128 wrote: »
    It used to be Clondalkin but was rezoned to Lucan years ago.
    They are welcome to it.

In fairness, parts of Lucan are not much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I was told it was Ronanstown today from somebody from clondalkin!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭JitzNdHitz

Once you cross the road from roananstown to Balgaddy start of Luca

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Everything on Twitter around this is people expressing their outrage as to where the area exactly falls and nothing to do with that a man got blasted to death in broad daylight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Named on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

not yet wrote: »
    Named on Twitter.

Are you saying Twitter beat us!?

He was named here 2 hours ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The victim was known to gardaí as an associate of major criminals in west Dublin and Kildare.

He was suspected to have been involved in drug trafficking but remained under the radar.

The man was also believed to have invested in legitimate businesses in the catering and motor trade.

One line of inquiry is that the man may have had a falling out with a major Clondalkin/ Ronanstown based drugs trafficker.

Gardaí do not believe the murder is connected to the ongoing Hutch/Kinahan feud.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Out of curiosity, regarding the Lucan/Clondalkin argument on twitter, which is regarded as the good and which the bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

He was named here 2 hours ago.

He'd be around 36?

• Advertisement

septictank wrote: »
    He'd be around 36?

RTE have said he was 42.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

RTE named it as Ronanstown. In any case its just the usual address snobbery you always see on the border between two areas where one has higher house prices than the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Who's this 'us' you speak about Tonto..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

not yet wrote: »
    Who's this 'us' you speak about Tonto..

Us boardsies of course :cool:

Gunman in today's killing on Foxdene Ave dumped the murder weapon, hand gun with silencer attached, beside their burnt out getaway van

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

The bottom feeders at the Mirror have footage of the corpse lying on the pavement.

Stay classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

Gunman in today's killing on Foxdene Ave dumped the murder weapon, hand gun with silencer attached, beside their burnt out getaway van

Was most likely in the car when burnt out and fell out from under neath it still a bit sloppy, david chen was his name I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well that sounds like a cock up, surely there's a chance of prints/DNA off it?

What do they usually do with the gun, bring it with them? Or can you be certain that throwing it in the burning car will clear it of all evidence?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Muahahaha wrote:
    What do they usually do with the gun, bring it with them? Or can you be certain that throwing it in the burning car will clear it of all evidence?

Toss it. They're gonna be double gloved and burn whatever clothes they're wearing afterwards so not much chance of forensics.
    The only thing that can be told from the gun when recovered is if it's been used before..which it most likely wasn't.
    Nobody carries a gun with a previous killing on it because if they're caught,they don't just get charged with possession of the firearm...they get charged with the murder it was used to commit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Nobody carries a gun with a previous killing on it because if they're caught,they don't just get charged with possession of the firearm...they get charged with the murder it was used to commit.
    This isnt true.

Gun having previous isnt enough to pin an old crime on fella caught holding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Just going back to the shooting in Drogheda. I thought I saw somewhere that a hitman associated with the Gucci gang was being drawn into the Louth feud. The style in which the shooting happened seems to be very like the attempted hit on Mago.

Anyway...the Whistleblower is saying one of Bomber's lads has gone up in smoke today! Seems very cryptic....

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Clytus wrote: »
    Just going back to the shooting in Drogheda. I thought I saw somewhere that a hitman associated with the Gucci gang was being drawn into the Louth feud. The style in which the shooting happened seems to be very like the attempted hit on Mago.

Anyway...the Whistleblower is saying one of Bomber's lads has gone up in smoke today! Seems very cryptic....

The gunman linked to Drogheda has been linked to a few but two failed Mago and Owen Maguire. Been linked to the shooting of that fella in Ballymun few months back with the other fella in limo with Mr Flashy.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/attempted-theft-is-another-fine-mess-29029511.html

The gunman linked to Drogheda has been linked to a few but two failed Mago and Owen Maguire. Been linked to the shooting of that fella in Ballymun few months back with the other fella in limo with Mr Flashy.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/attempted-theft-is-another-fine-mess-29029511.html

Thought so..if a total newb like me can figure out the shooter from media, you can be sure others know too. Lucky Wilson Mk II!!

xzanti wrote: »
    The bottom feeders at the Mirror have footage of the corpse lying on the pavement.

Stay classy.

Dublin Live have pictures of it too.

No different to David Byrne's body in the Regency which was plastered everywhere too?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

xzanti wrote: »

Stay classy.

I read that but its all covered over I assume. They do that with all the shootings, Eddie Hutch, Derek Hutch, David Byrne.

• Advertisement

I read that but its all covered over I assume. They do that with all the shootings, Eddie Hutch, Derek Hutch, David Byrne.

Not fully covered and David Byrne had no cover at all.

Its a sad state of affairs when we're discussing how media report the passing of a human life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Its a sad state of affairs when we're discussing how media report the passing of a human life!!

The whole situation is a sad state of affairs to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

And a video. and as you reach the bottom of the article
    "The scene of the shooting is currently preserved pending an examination by Garda Crime Scene Examiners.
    "The body of the deceased remains at scene. Investigations ongoing and updates will follow."
    How to follow Dublin Live on social media

You can like our main Facebook page here.
    Our Dublin Live Sports Page - which brings you all your Dublin sports news - can be found here.
    The Dublin Live Twitter account is @DublinLive.
    Our Instagram account can be found here.

Garda Helicopter has been over the area of the "Clondalkin" shooting for the last 30 mins...just throwing that out as an FYI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Dante7 wrote: »

So thats it decided...the murder was in Lucan!!

No different to David Byrne's body in the Regency which was plastered everywhere too?

I'm sure all the news outlets will have it. I still think it's pretty scummy. The guy will have innocent family who shouldn't have to look at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭Jeff2

So thats it decided...the murder was in Lucan!!

Neillstown Leixlip I heard. :)

• Advertisement

The firearm used to kill David Lynch was found near a burnt-out van.

At 2.30pm a silver Toyota Corolla was found on fire at The Paddocks Rise, Lucan, Co Dublin.

108b590a53.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement