Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Links, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hammy007

Raoul wrote: »
    495 for the 4 bed semi D. That is way too much!!!

I thought that was mad too- I figured they would have been about 400k (Maybe it's a typo and it's 395?). Three beds very reasonable anyway- they're not much more than the terraced houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

hammy007 wrote: »
    I thought that was mad too- I figured they would have been about 400k (Maybe it's a typo and it's 395?). Three beds very reasonable anyway- they're not much more than the terraced houses.
    Myself and the gf said the exact same thing about the typo. It has to be :D:D

Raoul wrote: »
    Myself and the gf said the exact same thing about the typo. It has to be :D:D

Yeah, because I was just looking at Barnageerah prices there, and their 4 bed 4 bath semi-d's are going for 430k for 1600 some square feet, so this price doesn't seem right.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭neonman

Yeah, because I was just looking at Barnageerah prices there, and their 4 bed 4 bath semi-d's are going for 430k for 1600 some square feet, so this price doesn't seem right.

The latest house in that development went for €430 and it was a 3 bed bungalow.

neonman wrote: »
    The latest house in that development went for €430 and it was a 3 bed bungalow.

That's quite pricey for a three bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

House type b, 4 bedroom semi detached were €440 in the phase 2b Feb 1 year ago. In the prior phase I believe they were €390.
    Just saying! I can't believe the jump but they are the last 4 bed new builds in Skerries for the foreseeable future.

I thought they might increase to around the €480 mark this time around due to the market conditions and what other developments were coming on the market at around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mattcullen

Are the last of the houses all being launched tomorrow or is there still more to be launched down the line does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

They are last to be launched and there is no future development on the immediate horizon. Originally it was planned to build 600 houses in the vicinity but only 100 got through planning due to infrastructure problems. It is a planning requirement I believe that a relief road is in place before any further development can proceed. Do a search for Hackettstown local area plan. Barnageeragh is now fully complete I believe. See Barnageeragh local Area plan.

I thought they might increase to around the €480 mark this time around due to the market conditions and what other developments were coming on the market at around the area.

What other developments? Nothing in Skerries as far as I know. I agree €480 would have been my guess

• Advertisement

private wrote: »
    House type b, 4 bedroom semi detached were €440 in the phase 2b Feb 1 year ago. In the prior phase I believe they were €390.
    Just saying! I can't believe the jump but they are the last 4 bed new builds in Skerries for the foreseeable future.

Thanks- very interesting. I didn't realize they were the last four.

From newsletter from builder😀

Phase 3 Construction Schedule and Future Construction Plans –
    We have commenced work on the final 32 houses in Phase 3 and anticipate that we will have the majority of the construction work completed by 31st December 2018. The auctioneers intend to release the 18 houses in Phase 3A in February/March 2018. We will give residents prior notification of this launch date and will have personnel on site to minimise any traffic disruption on this date.

We wish to reiterate that Noonan Construction own a further 5 acres zoned residential between Phase 3 and the railway line, together with a section of land adjacent to the entrance road and in front of Nos. 61-71 Ballygossan Park. There are currently no immediate plans to seek approval to build on these lands.

With regard to the FCC lands adjacent to Ballygossan Park, there has been a number of people viewing this field during the last six months but we are unaware of any proposals for these lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mattcullen

The auctioneers intend to release the 18 houses in Phase 3A in February/March 2018. We will give residents prior notification of this launch date and will have personnel on site to minimise any traffic disruption on this date.

What about phase 3b then?

mattcullen wrote: »
    The auctioneers intend to release the 18 houses in Phase 3A in February/March 2018. We will give residents prior notification of this launch date and will have personnel on site to minimise any traffic disruption on this date.

What about phase 3b then?

My mistake. Probably release the final houses 3b in July or August based on 2a and 2b being released this same day last year on Feb 18 2017 and 2c being released in 2 batches, one in July and one in August.

Well I bought myself a house this morning in phase 3a - exciting times ahead.

Well I bought myself a house this morning in phase 3a - exciting times ahead.

Congrats!! I heard there was a good queue in the morning.

Thanks!

Yes there was plenty of people there from around 08:30 or so. We have to meet the developer next week to run through everything and make decisions on kitchen colour. Not sure how flexible the kitchen manufacturer is when it comes to style. Did you make any changes?

Thanks!

Yes there was plenty of people there from around 08:30 or so. We have to meet the developer next week to run through everything and make decisions on kitchen colour. Not sure how flexible the kitchen manufacturer is when it comes to style. Did you make any changes?

We couldn't change the cabinets or color (they're nice anyways though, so that was fine), but you can upgrade to different sink/taps/worktops or pick from a few different types of laminate. We ended up doing a white ceramic sink with nicer tap and a solid oak worktop and it didn't cost too much more. There are more expensive options too- quartz, granite, etc so worth taking a look.

Well that isn't so bad.

Did you source the kitchen appliances yourself or did you buy them from the kitchen supplier or is that even possible at all?

Well that isn't so bad.

Did you source the kitchen appliances yourself or did you buy them from the kitchen supplier or is that even possible at all?

We decided to just go with the package that the kitchen supplier offered (They have two choices available). There are probably cheaper options out there, but it took some of the stress off of us to have them all picked out to the correct measurements and whatnot so we could focus on fun stuff like furniture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Puddleduck1

Hi, I know that the last release was quite recent for this development but would anyone know when the next release is for this estate?

Probably July or August but keep checking with the auctioneers. Worth contacting noonan builders though.

How are things progressing in the estate? Is broadband still an issue?

For people that are already living in the estate was your move in date that was set by the builder was it on the money or were there any delays?

We were a month late moving in, seems to run on time or close to compared with other new builds. We now have broadband and all is right with the world. Doesn't mean you'll have it unfortunately. Eir are the worst!

Grawns wrote: »
    We were a month late moving in, seems to run on time or close to compared with other new builds. We now have broadband and all is right with the world. Doesn't mean you'll have it unfortunately. Eir are the worst!

Thanks for that. Hopefully we'll get in on time. What speeds are in getting with the Eir Broadband in the development?

Eir have the contract to lay the lines. You can chose from Eir, Sky and Vodafone. Our speed is currently 8mb.

8Mbps :(

Not the best speeds, I was hoping for more than that. I currently get 70-80Mbps

8Mbps :(

Not the best speeds, I was hoping for more than that. I currently get 70-80Mbps

It's supposed to improve but I'm just happy after 5 months without netflix! I'll say that again 5 months!

I did a random check on a address in Ballygossan Park on the eir.ie site and it states it should be getting speeds of up to 70Mbps. mmmmmm

• Advertisement

Yes we were told it would improve. Hasn't so far but it's only been 2 weeks. If I have 70mb next week and you move in nearby next month there's no guarantee you will have any broadband whatsoever. See all the posts on Hamilton Hill/ Barnageeragh too.

Does it really matter anyway. Pay attention for your own sanity! we cajoled , we begged, we shouted. It didn't make any difference. It will happen when it happens. :)

Advertisement