Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Links, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hammy007

Is anyone willing to share what mobile service you use and how reception is in/outside of house? I'm finding Three almost unusable here (Even in our old house I saw a steady decline in Three starting around December, so not sure what the story is there).

Husband just switched to Eir with mixed results, although we're using them for mobile broadband and it works well enough. Anyone on Vodaphone? Once my credit runs out I'm hoping to switch off of Three and try something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Puddleduck1

Hi, could anyone tell me a bit about the P1 houses? Do the bathrooms have windows? I'm finding it hard to understand how the plans will work based on the orientation of the houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭neonman

Hi, could anyone tell me a bit about the P1 houses? Do the bathrooms have windows? I'm finding it hard to understand how the plans will work based on the orientation of the houses.

Had a quick look at the plans and since these are semi-d or end of terrace houses the bathroom window will be facing out the same side that sitting room window is jutting out on the plans.

Hope that makes sense ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Puddleduck1

neonman wrote: »
    Had a quick look at the plans and since these are semi-d or end of terrace houses the bathroom window will be facing out the same side that sitting room window is jutting out on the plans.

Hope that makes sense ?

I had a look from the outside at other P1 houses in the estate and the plans dont seem to match with windows etc but thanks for the reply. :)

I had a look from the outside at other P1 houses in the estate and the plans dont seem to match with windows etc but thanks for the reply. :)

They better be building the houses as per the plans or we'll all be in for a surprise when moving in :)

• Advertisement

Hi all - just wondering what people are using in the development when it comes to TV? I'm thinking of going the FTA route myself with a satellite and soarview combo.

Thanks

Hi all - just wondering what people are using in the development when it comes to TV? I'm thinking of going the FTA route myself with a satellite and soarview combo.

Thanks

We went that route as well- Freesat/Saorview combo and are happy with it.

hammy007 wrote: »
    We went that route as well- Freesat/Saorview combo and are happy with it.

Do you have it going to multiple rooms or just to the main living room? Just wondering about cabling and how that was done.

Do you have it going to multiple rooms or just to the main living room? Just wondering about cabling and how that was done.

Just the main living room. The TV point wasn't put where we actually have the TV, so what they did was run the wire behind the drain pipe outside and drilled a hole through the wall to get the cables in that way. The alternative was getting a really long wire from the TV point and running it along the baseboard to the TV.

Have to ask the question. How are the houses holding up with this really hot weather since they're A rated houses? Are the keeping out the heat or are the houses like ovens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hadn't noticed it but house is nice and cool. Haven't needed fans and we have some we brought from our old house where we froze or boiled.

Good to hear. Thanks Grawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Another thing I noticed was condensation on the outside of my open bedroom window this morning. First time this happened to closed windows in winter I was very confused😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shebah

We are in one of the terraced houses and must admit we are roasted. Thats with blinds down to keep the sun out too. But the way we figure it, irish weather isnt normally hot so for the few days a year it is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

Last 14 houses phase 3b being released tomorrow, June 16th.

I take it all have been sold? Was there still a lot of interest on the day?

I take it all have been sold? Was there still a lot of interest on the day?

I don't know what was sold but it was quiet. Here's the price list.

private wrote: »
    I don't know what was sold but it was quiet. Here's the price list.

At 25k increase in the 4 bed semi d in 3 months since the last release of 3A.

The price of the 3 bed show house is crazy at €465

30K extra because it is furnished already? ouch.

I see a completion date on it as the 19/10/18? Could you not move in tomorrow since everything is already done and there are no more houses to sell.

• Advertisement

True! I don't know what the story is with showhouses.

While I'm here does anyone have any recommendations for companies that carry out snagging?

Got the keys to the house and also the Welcome Pack. We had planned down the line to get the attic floored for storage but to my amazement, it states in the welcome pack that the attic space shouldn't be used for storage?

Has anyone in the development queried this with the developer? They're on two weeks holidays now so while I wait for them to be back I thought I'd ask here.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

As far as i can gather it may affect the BER rating, but we put floor boards down on some of it anyway - need somewhere to put the Christmas decoration after all.
    I know a few other houses have done it too.

Good news for the houses waiting on broadband services. eir/KN are currently in the development running the sub-ducting needed for the fibre cables. They'll then need to blow the fibre through them. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks we should have broadband.

Good news for the houses waiting on broadband services. eir/KN are currently in the development running the sub-ducting needed for the fibre cables. They'll then need to blow the fibre through them. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks we should have broadband.

Eir are gas altogether! There was a sales guy around a couple of weeks ago, told us the lines would be in within a couple of weeks (as it now seems) so we signed up with them. Then two weeks later we received a call to advise it would be 27th Oct before the lines would be in. And then, just yesterday, i received a call from them to say it would be the end of the year before lines were laid and that i was better off cancelling the account and contacting them when the lines were being laid. Low and behold, i arrive home to see the KN Network gang all over the place laying the ducting and it seems the sales guy had the correct info afterall!!

Eir technicians on site today laying the fiber cables!

iamjenko wrote: »
    Eir technicians on site today laying the fiber cables![/quote

Yep. It will be another month until it is available to order. So the finishing line is in sight.

Eir technicians on site today laying the fiber cables![/quote

Yep. It will be another month until it is available to order. So the finishing line is in sight.

Been advised by Eir they will be calling to install this Thursday. This happened before so i'm not holding my breath just yet

• Advertisement

Been advised by Eir they will be calling to install this Thursday. This happened before so i'm not holding my breath just yet

I'd be very surprised if that is the case. Eir has to give wholesale vendors (Vodafone, Sky) a months notice that the service will be available and only then can eir sell the service themselves.

Let us know if you do get it on Thursday.

Neon

Advertisement