Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Seed and plant swap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Olive tree!
    Probably Needs a bit of pruning/planting, produces small fruit every year (like the size of an apple seed!). About 80cm high!
    Dublin Cityish

Olive_tree.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dave4565

Hello would anyone have Oxygenating Plants for a pond in ROSCOMMON MAYO or SLIGO
    area ? thanks Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Righto, I'm looking for beetroot seeds. Bolthardy would be the ideal, but I'll take any.

I have loads of seeds I can swap, postal or otherwise.

Nigella (love in a mist), a couple of types of sunflower, I've peas, rocket, fennel (tall). Can do cuttings or divisions as well. I've about 200 fennel plants which I propagated last year to fill some back or border gaps. Didn't expect them all to take, so I've about 50 spares. Lots of baby strawberry plants as well from runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Anyone with spare sweet rocket please? Lost mine in the house move and miss it .. starting a new garden here and it is a MUST!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Loads of rocket here. Where are you based? I can post. PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Anyone have dahlia Bishop of Llandaff in Dublin, preferably south city?

I have Daubenton's kale - a cottage kale which is perennial and is propagated from side shoots, and hardly ever flowers. Very nice with rashers for breakfast.

tringle wrote: »
    Looking for some Courgette plants in Nenagh area, mine all perished. I have spare plants of tomatoes, chives, cucumber, various brassicas and nasturtiums or am happy for someone to pick through my "seed book" as I have learnt seed doesn't keep great. Thanks Tracy

Lidl have courgette plants at the moment if you don't get a swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

I'm looking for to buy "Harebell" seeds or plants, I can get them online but would prefer to buy from a garden center, I'm in Cork but anywhere in Munster would be fine...or maybe a genuine Irish website out there would have them, the online I found was in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

A quick search found this site based in Galway, I have no connection to them ect. ect.

http://www.seedaholic.com/campanula-rotundifolia-harebell-wildflower-732.html?___SID=U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

A quick search found this site based in Galway, I have no connection to them ect. ect.

http://www.seedaholic.com/campanula-rotundifolia-harebell-wildflower-732.html?___SID=U
    Quite an impressive catalogue there, and very reasonably priced too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

Great site...just spent €50 on some seeds and the bees and butterflies will be well fed next year, I have large part of my garden (40 sqm) sown with different types of bee/butterfly friendly plants, its more organized than wild, but it attracts them from March right up to October, and the local beekeeper always drops me a comb of honey every now and then as a thank you. He was the one who told me that harebell is a great flavoring for honey !

Thanks a lot MM.

I have a Boston ivy looking for a home - would anyone like it? This is what it looks like in autumn

0109478.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yes seedaholic are great. It's where i buy all my seeds and have had no failures with germination.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭cobham

Carex Ice Dance on offer

I am changing a bed and digging out 4 clumps of the above. There are lots of mini plants within the clumps and could make up 100 or more new plants. PM if anyone interested in taking a decent amount off me, Dublin 14 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sabrina.t

I have 9 solid green spider plants I grew from seeds that I can swap for seeds/cuttings of indoor or outdoor plants, if anyone is interested.
    They're all healthy, roughly 10cm tall.
    I grew them in compost, each in its own little white plastic cup so they come with the plastic cup, not in a pot.

I bought 20 seeds on Ebay, I read they're not viable for long so I planted them all and 19 grew... I have no space for 19 spider plants though :)

Also, my Bonnie spider plant is making pups so I'll have those to exchange in sometime too, they're still very tiny now.

I'm based in Dublin 10, PM if you're interested and I can send pictures.

Sabrina

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Silver Breeze

I have plenty of Canna tubers (like this: https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=324 )

They grow tall, with red-orange flowers,very dramatic.

FREE!!

Collect in Glenageary, PM me for address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I have plenty of Canna tubers (like this: https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=324 )

FREE!!

Would LOVE these to add to my tropical style collection. Won't be in glenageary anytime soon, would cover postage and packaging if you had the time....

All so lovely and tantalising.. that ivy! I m starting to sort some growing here;offshore West Mayo. Overgrown and nothing much here.. Maybe some vegetables but this year, flowers for the beauty of them. There are some marguerites gone wild and some bulbs I cannot ID until they flower.. have been cutting away a huge tangle of brambles and finding treasures like a large patch of daffodlils

• Registered Users Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Now that is one place you could plant montbretia without it going totally uncontrollable, I would think!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have some phormiums that need dividing; one variegated and one 'jester' variety which is red.

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    Now that is one place you could plant montbretia without it going totally uncontrollable, I would think!

We shall see! There is a lot of it here, behind the cottage.
    But the neighbouring farmer of course used the place for grazing when it was empty.

At the front, I sorted out a huge mess of bulbs with that type of leaf but much bigger. No idea what they are..Have a lot spare.

Longing for colour and my usual favourites; sweet rocket etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ccardoso33

FREE!!

Don't suppose you potted up any of these? Trying to fill the yard with perineal flowers and edibles! Hate the look of the concrete

I've got some prickly pear cactus, tiny baby succulents, wandering Jew, spider plants and aloe Vera, all grown by me. Would be willing to swap for other indoor plant cuttings. I also have a couple of allotments so pretty flexible on trades!

FREE!!

Don't suppose you potted up any of these? Trying to fill the yard with perineal flowers and edibles! Hate the look of the concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭monty_python

Anyone have spare tomato or bell pepper plants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Renata Fat Smog

I've a friend in North Kerry with 80 bare root green beech trees for sale if anyone wants any. They were excess to requirements.

Pm me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Anyone have spare tomato or bell pepper plants?

what have you to swap?:D

loads in Lidl this week or soon either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭monty_python

what have you to swap?:D

loads in Lidl this week or soon either

Very little. I've beetroot and Swede seeds and other seeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I bought these purple pampas grass seeds for a laugh when I was buying a phone charger from the same place.

So not believing they would be purple, I was hoping for ordinary pampas grass, at least.

A couple of weeks after sowing now, and my propagator looks like a small bowling green.
    Its green and it looks like very fine lawn grass, so far.
    I'm thinking that is exactly what it is. Whats the bets folks?

BTW, the phone charger didn't fit, it was an obsolete version they sent me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭OwlEye

Probably getting a bit late now, but looking for some Dracunculus Vulgaris as all but one of mine have perished. I have a few Typhonium venosum corms and pups to swap should anyone have any.

Advertisement