Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst miscasting role

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Anyone else thin Arnold was miscast in The Terminator.

He's a huge muscle bound mono tone guy from a post Apocalypse future who's meant to be able to blend in.

Wasn't OJ Simpson in in line to play the terminator? Whatever happened that guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

He’s great in burn after reading too.

Actually acting. Believably.

Couldn't get into that. Must give it another try.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

tusk wrote: »
    Couldn't get into that. Must give it another try.

It’s all very quirky or something. But not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Mousewar wrote: »
    :confused:

He was great in that.

There's something I read once about Brad Pitt and it's incredibly true. He's a very good character actor cursed with the looks of a leading man. Every time he plays the leading man, the good looking lead or the hero (Troy, Ocean's 11), he's dull as ditch water. But whenever he plays a supporting character, ideally an eccentric one(Snatch, 12 Monkeys), he's great. It really should be the only thing he does. He's John Turturro but he tries to be Tom Cruise.

Thought he hammed it up badly in 12 Monkeys, was the worst thing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Some of these are just "actors I don't like". The Idris Elba one especially. He wasn't brilliant as Stringer Bell - it was something to do with pc.

Anyway, not a movie but Cuba Gooding Junior as OJ Simpson in an otherwise very well cast TV series. That actually did just seem like "This guy's perfect - he's black!" Despite nothing like the physical stature or voice. Actually Idris Elba would have been ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I've never seen the film but I thought looks wise Kutcher was very close to Jobs

1C5077578-tdy-121205-ashton-jobs-combo.fit-560w.jpg
    Oh the absolute spit. But it seems like that was the only reason for the casting, even though I do think similar physicality is important. Although Al Pacino looks absolutely nothing like the investigative journalist he played in The Insider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

p to the e wrote: »
    Wasn't OJ Simpson in in line to play the terminator? Whatever happened that guy?

Not sure of that but Lance Henriksen (who plays a cop in the Terminator) was the actor Cameron originally had in mind to play the Terminator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Just saw Jack Reacher books are going to be a TV show and wont have Tom Cruise as reacher which is a blessing in a way, but wonder who will get the role.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/tv-series-based-on-lee-childs-jack-reacher-books-in-works-at-amazon-937275.html

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Recliner

branie2 wrote: »
    Julia Roberts as Kitty Kiernan in Michael Collins

I actually went to see that film when I was in New York, and Americans coming out of the cinema complimenting her accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Just saw Jack Reacher books are going to be a TV show and wont have Tom Cruise as reacher which is a blessing in a way, but wonder who will get the role.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/tv-series-based-on-lee-childs-jack-reacher-books-in-works-at-amazon-937275.html

Alexander Skarsgard would be my nomination - good actor, though not too big a name for a TV role, ie he's attainable. And yes, at six four, he's hopefully tall enough for even the staunchest fans of the books :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Alexander Skarsgard would be my nomination - good actor, though not too big a name for a TV role, ie he's attainable. And yes, at six four, he's hopefully tall enough for even the staunchest fans of the books :pac:

Daniel Cudmore would be my pick. He played Master Chief int he Halo shorts promos for Halo 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

George Clooney as batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Anyone else thin Arnold was miscast in The Terminator.

He's a huge muscle bound mono tone guy from a post Apocalypse future who's meant to be able to blend in.

He wasn’t supposed to be perfect though. If he was, it would’ve been hard to supersede him with the T1000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Not a movie but the stage production of "The Field" had Brian Dennehy as the Bull McCabe. Hearing someone say "Go home Yank" in an American accent was pretty surreal.

Other than the accent he was pretty good, in fairness.

Ray McAnally, who played Christy Brown’s father in My Left Foot, was originally cast as The Bull in the film but he died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

el_gaucho wrote: »
    He wasn’t supposed to be perfect though. If he was, it would’ve been hard to supersede him with the T1000.

Ya the way I took it was that the T800's were big machines used in the war against humans and they just put muscle and skin on to aid its blending in, so it would have to look like a big guy with big muscles, which would stand out a bit alright but no one would be like oh that guy looks like a robot from the future. It wasn't designed to be a stealthy blend in type like the T-1000 which Im assuming was developed after the failed attempt on SC. As schlocky as these movies can be I love this universe.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

George Clooney as batman.

Oh god yes.

He soon after was asked about that on a press line for another film and said ‘I think we put an end to that franchise’
    Paraphrasing but that was the gist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

David Carradine as Bill in Kill Bill: Volume 2. I remember I enjoyed the movies. It was like a Double Dragon video game where Uma Thurman fought against all these unique bad ass villains and then she gets to end of the level and has to fight the big boss Bill and...he's just some old guy in a shirt. If I remember correctly, they then proceed to have a cosy chat. I would have preferred Bill to be younger and vigorous, or if it's going to be a pensioner, let it be someone a bit scary. Disappointing ending.

David%2BCarridine%2BKill%2BBill%2BVol%2B2.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Still looks like a cool cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Edward James Olmos in American Me. He developed the treatment so was always going to be casting himself. But neither him or the other main character in the movie were up to the job. Would have been a very interesting film if they cast some big hitters in it.

Advertisement