Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deprogramming Verona Murphy

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Did you stop for a minute to think about why we never heard of Verona's briefings with MI5 or her anti-immigrant views BEFORE she ran for election?

Verona meeting with MI5! :D:D:D:D:D

It’s public knowledge. Google is your friend.

I can see plenty of accidents. None apportion blame to either party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,452 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I can see plenty of accidents. None apportion blame to either party.
    I see plenty of crashes or collisions, not accidents. The word 'accident' was dreamt up by the PR industry working for the motor industry in the 1930s to sanitise the widespread mayhem that cars and trucks were causing on the road, and it stuck.

Gardai, rescue services, Road Safety Authorities don't use the word 'accident' anymore - they talk about crashes or collisions.

Most road deaths and collisions don't involve cyclists or pedestrians. Most road deaths and collisions are motorists killing themselves, other motorists or passengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,816 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

After her disappointing result in the bi election last year. She's managed to secure a seat this time around.
    Was it the change people were looking for more a protest vote to Leo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Did you stop for a minute to think about why we never heard of Verona's briefings with MI5 or her anti-immigrant views BEFORE she ran for election?

Verona meeting with MI5! :D:D:D:D:D

It’s public knowledge. Google is your friend.

It's well documented that she attended MI5 and Interpol briefings that were arranged by the EU.

After her disappointing result in the bi election last year. She's managed to secure a seat this time around.
    Was it the change people were looking for more a protest vote to Leo?

I think it has more to do with the fact that the electorate saw through the media hysteria and trust her to do a good job.

The realization for FG now should be that the vote in the bye election was nothing to do with the FG party vote and was all down to people voting for her,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No hysteria. She said what she said and apologised and retracted.

It's well documented that she attended MI5 and Interpol briefings that were arranged by the EU.
    Where are these documents please?

Where are these documents please?

Documented means recorded.

It's referenced in the following articles:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/do-we-have-to-wait-to-have-a-london-bridge-incident-on-wexford-bridge-verona-murphy-insists-shes-not-a-racist-38798926.html

It would be normal for the EU commission to invite heads of industrial representative groups to attends information sessions like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

She says this herself. I'd be interested in knowing just what these briefs contain.
    She was the head of an industry group. It's not like she was working as a security analyst or a spook.

Presumably it was a seminar where they gave a general discussion to ensure that industry personnel were aware of the issues. I seriously doubt British intelligence services provided anything that wasn't public knowledge with civilian truckers groups.

• Advertisement

Documented means recorded.

It's referenced in the following articles:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/do-we-have-to-wait-to-have-a-london-bridge-incident-on-wexford-bridge-verona-murphy-insists-shes-not-a-racist-38798926.html

It would be normal for the EU commission to invite heads of industrial representative groups to attends information sessions like this.

You said it was 'documented'. You've posted a link to her claim that she attended.

I was really hoping that maybe there was some kind of document that confirmed that she attended such a briefing - but sadly no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The Veronavirus. A supply of industrial bleach is going to be needed to sanitize the dail

Lockstep wrote: »
    She says this herself. I'd be interested in knowing just what these briefs contain.
    She was the head of an industry group. It's not like she was working as a security analyst or a spook.

Presumably it was a seminar where they gave a general discussion to ensure that industry personnel were aware of the issues. I seriously doubt British intelligence services provided anything that wasn't public knowledge with civilian truckers groups.

She never claimed to be security analyst but chose to highlight what they were informed of and she's being castigated for highlighting it.

She never claimed to be security analyst but chose to highlight what they were informed of and she's being castigated for highlighting it.
    I was talking to MI5 yesterday, and they told me that Verona was talking absolute sh1te.

Advertisement