Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deprogramming Verona Murphy

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

mountai wrote: »
    Prediction ---- Should she decide to run ---- She will top the poll .

Not a chance. Howlin will.

There’s a lot of people who think her vote was a personal one. Far from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

She's doubling down now looking for the ignorant Casey demographic. As shown, the Irish are generally decent.

She's already a fraud. She backed down, apologised and said she misspoke, now she's getting all fired up and blaming FG for censoring her. Chancer.
    I'd say Varadkar is more annoyed about the promo video than anything else. Damages his social media profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Verona currently on Newstalk talking sense!

She made the point of the Rosslare container people, who are they etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

She has a lot of experience with migrants though, and a differed view point to the bleeding heart nimbys. She’ll run again and she’ll be elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭zell12

She came across very well, more than able for Yeats.
    9,500 byelection first preferences cannot be far wrong
    She's definitely a rising political star

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »

'star' would suggest a positive. We don't need more nasty chancers conning people thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭WealthyB

As me Mum said to me when I was down in Enniscorthy last weekend, "Verona should have stuck with the trucks"

She got 9 and a half thousand on the Fine Gael backing and she got f*ck all transfers.

She lost to Labour’s number 2 because she was so unfriendly regarding transfers, having given up 1400 vote lead in one count.

No chance she gets anywhere near that next time around. It will be as you were in Wexford. 2FG, 2FF, 1 Lab.

People are deluded if they think this chancer is a ‘rising star’.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Faugheen wrote: »
    She got 9 and a half thousand on the Fine Gael backing and she got f*ck all transfers.

She lost to Labour’s number 2 because she was so unfriendly regarding transfers, having given up 1400 vote lead in one count.

No chance she gets anywhere near that next time around. It will be as you were in Wexford. 2FG, 2FF, 1 Lab.

People are deluded if they think this chancer is a ‘rising star’.

She mighr get the transfers now she's moved from toxic FG.

Fann Linn wrote: »

From who, exactly?

FG wasn’t the reason she wasn’t transfer friendly, but it was certainly the reason why she got so many FPV.

It’s very easy to say ‘well she might get some now’ but there is simply no party there that would transfer to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Toxic FG the most popular party in the country? She has no chance outside of a main party.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Perhaps she had a point....

An asylum seeker who claimed to be fighting for Isis when he stabbed a Japanese man to death on a public street has been found not guilty of murder by reason of insanity.
    Following the verdict, the deceased's older sister Shiori Sasaki in a written statement said she cannot understand, "why a mentally unstable foreign national, whose origin was unknown, was allowed to be in the town."

image-10.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Verona should start her own party (Anything with cake), she looks like she's fond of a slice.

Thankfully we won't be seeing her bingo wings on a billboard in the future.

Limpy wrote: »
    Verona should start her own party (Anything with cake), she looks like she's fond of a slice.

Thankfully we won't be seeing her bingo wings on a billboard in the future.

Thats some straight up misogyny right there..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Thats some straight up misogyny right there..

And she's a bit racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

My big toe would be more than able for Yates.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

screamer wrote: »
    She’ll run again

Has she told you this?

Verona currently on Newstalk talking sense!

She made the point of the Rosslare container people, who are they etc?

And how will tough restrictions on people being processed through proper channels help with those being smuggled in? If she was legit she'd be talking about more border guards and sniffer dogs.
    Perhaps she had a point....

An asylum seeker who claimed to be fighting for Isis when he stabbed a Japanese man to death on a public street has been found not guilty of murder by reason of insanity.
    Following the verdict, the deceased's older sister Shiori Sasaki in a written statement said she cannot understand, "why a mentally unstable foreign national, whose origin was unknown, was allowed to be in the town."

Same question. How would she have stopped this? You should get a job on her team scaremongering and taking advantage of peoples fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I hope she sticks at it and runs again as an independent. What she said was fairly mild compared to what you'd hear about. She was probably unwise to give her views in an election campaign as it gave the other candidates and parties a chance to put the boot in. And the media whether print or broadcast were just looking for some angle to sex up the campaigns. That FG haven't stuck by her is pretty poor and you'd hope they'll suffer the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭Allinall

And how will tough restrictions on people being processed through proper channels help with those being smuggled in? If she was legit she'd be talking about more border guards and sniffer dogs.

Same question. How would she have stopped this? You should get a job on her team scaremongering and taking advantage of peoples fear.

Maybe you should have listened to the interview.

She did call for more border guards, citing Le Harve as the only northern port with a dedicated port police force.

Her main point was that it was too easy for smugglers to ship people into the country.

• Advertisement

Allinall wrote: »
    Maybe you should have listened to the interview.

She did call for more border guards, citing Le Harve as the only northern port with a dedicated port police force.

Her main point was that it was too easy for smugglers to ship people into the country.

But she ran on and doubled down on 'de-programming' asylum seekers. These asylum seekers are processed. They are not coming in hidden, they want to be processed.

But she ran on and doubled down on 'de-programming' asylum seekers. These asylum seekers are processed. They are not coming in hidden, they want to be processed.

Maybe you listened to a different interview than me.

She never mentioned de-programming once.

Maybe you listened to a different interview than me.

She never mentioned de-programming once.

I said she ran on it...then took it back...then said FG censored her. Sounds like a good pick...apart from the bullying allegations.

I said she ran on it...then took it back...then said FG censored her. Sounds like a good pick...apart from the bullying allegations.

What bullying allegations?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What bullying allegations?

Oh please....

Fine Gael says it was aware of Verona Murphy bullying claims

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

Rubbish . Her point was proven with the vanishing of the recent 16 so called asylum seekers found in the back of a truck in Rosslare recently .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The only candidate gonna transfer to her is the Irexit crazy woman

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

The only candidate gonna transfer to her is the Irexit crazy woman

Crazy Woman?
    The language out of you guys is absolutely shocking, vulgar, Misogynistic and utterly denigrating.

The mask has certainly slipped off over the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭KaneToad

BarryD2 wrote: »
    ... That FG haven't stuck by her is pretty poor and you'd hope they'll suffer the consequences.

Why would FG stick by her??

She has expressed views that are not compatible with FG policy/views. She should find a party that agrees with her, start her own party or run as an independent.

• Advertisement

Yep.

Alleged bullying allegations. (Apologies for the double alleges)

Massive difference to what was claimed.

Advertisement