Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying a cruiser on the Shannon

Options
  • 22-09-2020 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hello, I’m thinking of buying a cruiser for the Shannon, with the idea of staying on it for extended periods, either in a private marina or cruising on the river (a little bolthole so to speak). Ideally I’d like solar power and a solid fuel stove for heat. Some of the boats I’ve seen advertised for sale really could benefit from some interior renovation. Does anyone know of places along the river that provide such a service - reupholstering, new curtains, floors, painting etc. ? Or indeed install solar and stove ? Any idea of renovation costs involved. I’m looking for min 30 ft, 6 berth. Also if there are any Irish boat owner forums Please send me the link. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭con747

seandeas wrote: »
    Hello, I’m thinking of buying a cruiser for the Shannon, with the idea of staying on it for extended periods, either in a private marina or cruising on the river (a little bolthole so to speak). Ideally I’d like solar power and a solid fuel stove for heat. Some of the boats I’ve seen advertised for sale really could benefit from some interior renovation. Does anyone know of places along the river that provide such a service - reupholstering, new curtains, floors, painting etc. ? Or indeed install solar and stove ? Any idea of renovation costs involved. I’m looking for min 30 ft, 6 berth. Also if there are any Irish boat owner forums Please send me the link. Many thanks.

Small thread on it here,https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107708789 if you search you might find more on Boards.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement