Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Moaning of Death: Liveline 23/9 forward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭golondrinas

I'd love to go abroad for christmas

I spent lots of christmas's in Spain. They collect the rubbish all over xmas including xmas day. Over here they leave it for over a fortnight just when you need them. Just like all the RTE stars take off when people have time to listen to radio /watch telly. Only in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Mention Trump Joe.

You know you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭urgelgru

She voted in the Presidential election last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Who was the record collector in Limerick - wouldn't mind having a look

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

sligojoek wrote: »
    Emailed 2 ministers. Good luck with that.

Say you'll vote Trump

Please.
    The 3rd caller this week that has contacted ministers and taoiseach personally to solve their petty issues. When we get these type of governments I'm not suprised anymore, we get what we deserve as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

She may have no income but she’s sitting on a fortune if only she realised it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

At least she held on to some decent records, wonder will joe play a bowie song now?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

Under pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

If she gets a job, she would get a work ID.

So there's your answer Missus.

• Advertisement

Mehawl and Brendyawn

Arms Trial to see him through to 3pm, lazy ghoul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Had to finish the week off with his little pet project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Miriam O'Callaghan will be sending Joe a memo, dee Nordies are her favourite subject.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

wheres doddy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

mummy and daddy

• Advertisement

Clicky off!

strange someone with tenuous FF links not been able to get work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

He nearly said all those interned were not guilty...what a pillock. :rolleyes:

Liveline is a Well Done, Well Done Production

I spent lots of christmas's in Spain. They collect the rubbish all over xmas including xmas day. Over here they leave it for over a fortnight just when you need them. Just like all the RTE stars take off when people have time to listen to radio /watch telly. Only in Ireland.

Irish Christmas drives me mad with its major shut-down of everything. Forced to take annual leave at a time I could be least active, it just didn't suit my way of living at all. At least coming up to 26th there'd be a buzz, but it suddenly falls flat on Christmas Day. At least in the Canaries you can get out and about in the mild weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Joe will be making a TV series on the arms trial no doubt

i was out walking on the local beach years ago, I could her this voice in the distance, getting louder and louder...its was paddy crosby he's some foghorn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

I can’t understand how any grown adult refers to their parents as “Mammy and Daddy” when talking to another grown adult!!!!

Bloody hell, over a hundred in hotspittle with de Covid. Let's all prepare for a very jolly Yuletide.

Joe plugging the tv show at 3.01 when the news should be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

First half wasnt gold but maybe Silver. Second half was just a D4 headwreck waffling on, some complex bert cert issue and a 50 year old topic nobody cares about.

I can’t understand how any grown adult refers to their parents as “Mammy and Daddy” when talking to another grown adult!!!!

My Dad and his brother used to call my grandmother "Mammy", but their two sisters always called her "Mother". My own mother called her mother "Mammy" too and her father American style "Pop" after seeing the Hollywood films.

january 6th is the big day for celebrations in Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

BPKS wrote: »
    This reminds me of the gay fella who bought the Russian baby for €150k and was stuck in Russia cos of the travel restrictions. Wonder how he got on?

Or the 2 men with the Canada born baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

urgelgru wrote: »
    She voted in the Presidential election last year?

The Irish presidential election, they were at crossed purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Indeed. How he got a job in RTÉ is remarkable

You are nearly right. We all know how he got the job,the remarkable thing is how he keeps it ! ;)

Wonder was mammy Whacker off her box when the call came through ...

Knockin her off her buzz as she so eloquently put it

Someone probably on it ;)

BPKS wrote: »
    LOL

Joe: What subjects did you like at school?

Sean: PE

Knitting :):)

Knitting :):)

Actually one of de mobile library drivers, a very swarthy, bearded macho salt a d'eert type, used to occupy himself with knitting when the van would be at a stop for a few hours. Famous for his big bag of balls of wool, and fast production of sweaters which he'd be wearing.

Actually one of de mobile library drivers, a very swarthy, bearded macho salt a d'eert type, used to occupy himself with knitting when the van would be at a stop for a few hours. Famous for his big bag of balls of wool, and fast production of sweaters which he'd be wearing.

HAD HE ALL HIS FINGERS.....!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I listened back to the fireworks section.... hilarious.

Joe is utterly clueless....I have no idea why he was so nice to the 17 year old scumbag who is so intelligent...he managed to blow off the top of his own finger ffs...his mother knew something was wrong on the call so immediately hung up.
    Utterly bizarre.

Yer woman had some neck claiming on her Insurance for her kid blowing up the loo with fireworks.

Some great lines "i don't want to point fingers..." Lol was my favourite though.

fyre werk accident guy on RTE radio promo for Liveline.

next week he'll be presenting the ray darcy show, even with a finger injury he could do a better job than raymond

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

gmisk wrote: »
    I listened back to the fireworks section.... hilarious.

Joe is utterly clueless....I have no idea why he was so nice to the 17 year old scumbag who is so intelligent...he managed to blow off the top of his own finger ffs...his mother knew something was wrong on the call so immediately hung up.
    Utterly bizarre.

Yer woman had some neck claiming on her Insurance for her kid blowing up the loo with fireworks.

Some great lines "i don't want to point fingers..." Lol was my favourite though.
    Lord Clontarf seemed to be completely oblivious to who was paying for the 7 hours (according to the young scut) that this eegit spent on an operating table and the ongoing cost both economically and manually on an overstretched health system for this eegitry. "don't be botherin yourself with dat" seemed to be lord clontarfs advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

The P.E. Kid seems to be all over de media but I'm still stunned that Mr Duffy chose to lavish praise on the little bollix rather than highlight the danger & nuisance of these f*cking clowns & their fireworks. Especially in the middle of September when people should be enjoying putting up their Christmas trees in peace.

De Oirish Times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,413 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The P.E. Kid seems to be all over de media but I'm still stunned that Mr Duffy chose to lavish praise on the little bollix rather than highlight the danger & nuisance of these f*cking clowns & their fireworks. Especially in the middle of September when people should be enjoying putting up their Christmas trees in peace.

De Oirish Times

Wunder was the Mathematics the problem where he miscounted 8 when in fact there was another to go so to speak?

Try sticking that into a milk bottle a la Joe's advice.

I can see where the scottish lad was coming from now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭Jeff2

]

Don't forget the poor Irish drunk driver caught in Australia who was also drink driving in Ireland.

And the love he had for the woman jailed for killing her husband but was a jail librarian.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Don't forget the poor Irish drunk driver caught in Australia who was also drink driving in Ireland.

And the love he had for the woman jailed for killing her husband but was a jail librarian.

The latter was the most sickening episode of praise of a killer I have ever heard of any individual, and why I didn't send in a complaint at the time I cannot fathom, other than I must have not been well or something. It was odious broadcasting and extremely insulting to the Nevin family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The latter was the most sickening episode of praise of a killer I have ever heard of any individual, and why I didn't send in a complaint at the time I cannot fathom, other than I must have not been well or something. It was odious broadcasting and extremely insulting to the Nevin family.

Catherine Nevin.

I'm bad with names but remember now.

It was an eulogy to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,221 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Boardsies, all I will say is...

Just be thankful there hasn’t been a Funny Fryday for the last six months. :)

• Advertisement

You never know, when this is all over one could cross de ferry to Caer Gybi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,413 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd be thinking the annual Christmas Eve schindig on Grafton Street won't be reappearing for a number of years so to speak.

Good
    I'd be thinking the annual Christmas Eve schindig on Grafton Street won't be reappearing for a number of years so to speak.

Good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Looks like over half the revellers at the Oliver Bond rave were from the flat complex itself. The garda have said as much and have spoken to a few about it. The DJ was paid 1,000 euro and a woman living in the flats let her electricity be used for the DJs sound system.

This just shows the bare faced lies those aul ones from the flats were telling on Liveline. Blaming it all on outsiders. Blaming the garda when they show nothing but contempt for them on a daily basis. Mannix Flynn sticking up for the locals who were 'invaded' by the mob. And then bizarrely the Taoiseach turning up in the flats and promising a regeneration for the downtrodden locals?

All the while it was all the youth from the Bond that made a **** of their own dump. What chance have you got when the so called decent elderly residants can lie through their teeth on live national radio and blame everyone and anyone else for the sins of their own little toerags.

Please Taoiseach do not give these parasites one more penny of free tax payers money and the media do not give these deceiving skuzzbuckets any more oxygen.

Regularly collecting rubbish is common all across Europe. In Prague it's every two days. Its paid for from your metropolitan tax which is a small shaving off your income tax. The result? The place is spotless. If i became king of Ireland tomorrow I'd dramatically change our approach to waste.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement