Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad habits in public...

Options
  • 28-06-2007 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

I 'm just after walking back from work in town and i'm just so annoyed at persons spitting in the street. It's absolutely revolting. i've to walk along Amiens St and Talbot St and i dread that when some one spits behind me it will end up on my shoes etc. It should be a finable offence. Does this annoy anyone or are there other un-street bad habits that really annoy folks out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Tell me, have you seen the movie Bubble Boy? Could be the answer to your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

people who go to the toilet on the street after a pub/nightclub! :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Vertigo100 wrote:
    people who go to the toilet on the street after a pub/nightclub! :mad:
    People who go to the toilet on the street anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

it pisses me off when people (usually skangers) throw waste on the ground when there is a bin right beside them:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Spitting in public? Come on will you ... big bloody deal? How does it affect you? The perception of something as a bad habit varies from person to person and unfortunitly that's life .. the guy spat on the street and not on you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

It's disgusting when it turns out to be a dirty big green mushy snot. It can make the stomach turn.

Much better if they bite the bullet and swallow the damned thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

People who throw litter on the ground.

I honesty believe that they deserve punishment beatings.

Forget drug-dealing or joyriding, littering is most anti-social behaviour of all.

People who throw litter on the ground.

I honesty believe that they deserve punishment beatings.

Forget drug-dealing or joyriding, littering is most anti-social behaviour of all.

whatevvaaaa, i'm not bovvered

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

m83 wrote:
    whatevvaaaa, i'm not bovvered

too cool to use a bin?

give me a gun....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Feckers who stop in the street to have a chat with some bridie or mary that they know. Some of us are in a rush you know and don't have time to play bridie tango.

Other than that, when you're going head on for a person and they go left to avoid you and you go left too....urban dancing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

thrill wrote:
    It's disgusting when it turns out to be a dirty big green mushy snot. It can make the stomach turn.

It's not that easy sometimes!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hey, look at the positive side of such anti-social behaviour! It signals who they are... Then you can decide if you want to avoid them, or challenge them to a spitting contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Maybe one spit isnt too bad but the guy who spits, swaggers down the street 10 yards and spits again... and again definately has a surplus of saliva

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

cson wrote:
    Feckers who stop in the street to have a chat with some bridie or mary that they know. Some of us are in a rush you know and don't have time to play bridie tango.

Other than that, when you're going head on for a person and they go left to avoid you and you go left too....urban dancing.

It's as if you read my mind. I hate it, especially mid-day on Grafton Street, it's just full of f**kers walking at a snails pace and getting in your way.
    I don't really mind the p*ssing at night - because if you gotta go, you gotta go, but the spitting in the middle of the day is gross.
    I hate littering aswell and beggars looking for change for the "hostel" - the official secret word for alcohol - and they look so grubby and the people from concern or whatever bugging you every 10 yards. I don't mind 1, but usually when you tell the 1st one you're in a hurry, the second one of them three seconds away sees you say you're busy and then asks you anyway and also the people who hand out pointless flyers and they trick you into taking one, because you're busy concentrating on walking and it's a reflex to take it when they extend their arm.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

thrill wrote:

Guilty! :D

I can't help it, I've a long term sinus blockage problem! Had an x-ray last week to reveal the problem and going to the doc again next week. In the meantime, when I have to hock, I do it in a quiet spot when nobody is around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

people who go to the toilet on the street after a pub/nightclub!

I'll cop to having done this one - I mean, c'mon. The bouncer wouldn't let me back in from the smoking area to use their toilet, and if you've been drinking beer or cider there's really no way to hold it in. What does annoy me is people doing it on the side of Grafton St.; at least hop up a side alley where you're not in full view of everyone. Spitting, though, is pretty gross, and the above post aside, generally totally unnecessary.

To add to the list:

1) Short people with umbrellas. The amount of times I've nearly lost an eye because of those bastards...

2) The people who amass at the front of the Steven's Green centre whenever it's raining to weigh up whether they should wait for it to stop, thus keeping the rest of us out in the rain for a good 10 seconds longer (which seems like forever when you're getting more and more cold and soaked)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

shay_562 wrote:
    1) Short people with umbrellas. The amount of times I've nearly lost an eye because of those bastards...
    YES, i come home with marks on my neck from these people. Add to that people who bring out those giant golfing umbrellas just for themself and you're onto something.

-Extremely Ugly People: It's cringeworthy to be walking down the road and to see someone so horrifyingly ugly walking towards you. If those people want to walk in public, they should put bags over their head. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

cson wrote:

So you're telling me if a mate of yours saw you coming, walked over to talk to you on Grafton street you'd just stare him in the face and keep walking ? Some mate you must be :rolleyes:

Rhyme wrote:
    YES, i come home with marks on my neck from these people. Add to that people who bring out those giant golfing umbrellas just for themself and you're onto something.

Don't diss golf umbrellas - they've got so many things going for them;

a) they keep you dry

b) when it's not raining can be used as a walking stick

c) if you're bored you can close it up and pretend it's a sort

d) if someone is annoying you you can whack them with it and it'll hurt them

e) if you had to cross a river, you could turn it upside-down, sit in it and use it as a boat

f) if you bring it down to eye level when there's lots of people around and give it a good spin, there's a chance you can knock several eyes out.

g) if yo had to jump from a great height it would act as a parachute

h) no one tries to speak to you if you have a golf umbrella, because they know, that you'll beat the crap out of them if they do

• Advertisement

too cool to use a bin?

give me a gun....

Wow, you actually think this? How many people have died from littering?

Give me a break...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

People who walk around with their hands fondling their junk.

m83 wrote:
    Wow, you actually think this? How many people have died from littering?

Give me a break...

Hundreds of accidents are caused due to litter. Litter attracts rats and other vermin. Most people fear rats. If litter is lying all over the street, rats are all over the street. Said people see said rats and said people jump to get away from the said rats right into omcoming traffic = messy dead people nationwide due to litter related events.

Hundreds of accidents are caused due to litter. Litter attracts rats and other vermin. Most people fear rats. If litter is lying all over the street, rats are all over the street. Said people see said rats and said people jump to get away from the said rats right into omcoming traffic = messy dead people nationwide due to litter related events.

I stand corrected :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

m83 wrote:
    I stand corrected :o

I don't know why I'm getting the feeling he's being sarcastic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Spitting was made illegal because it spreads tuberculosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

People who insist on standing two abreast on escalators/travelators! AAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

no one tries to speak to you if you have a golf umbrella, because they know, that you'll beat the crap out of them if they do
    Maybe it's because they presume that if you carry a golf umbrella, you are sad and not worthy of speaking to. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

thrill wrote:

have you swallowed every phleghmer that accumulated in your mouth? it may not be the nicest thing to witness, but if I had to choose between swalloing a massive snot ball or spitting it out I would choose spit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

People who insist on standing two abreast on escalators/travelators! AAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Agreed. Also slow, meandering walkers in crowded footpaths. (but only when I'm in a hurry)

Umbrellas. Stupid and dangerous items. Wear a hat.
    Bad fashion sense.
    Overuse of the word "sorry" as a stand-in for "go **** yourself"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

My cousin has an awful habbit of when you are talking to him no matter where ye may be he picks his nose really quickly and eats it. It wouldnt be too bad for a child but he is 25 :(

Advertisement