Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad habits in public...

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

People who chuck rubbish on the ground, particularly those who throw their still lit cigarettes butts around the place.. Manky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Can't stand people littering on the ground when a bin is right beside them.

People farting in Bank queues, for fùck sake!!

Don't mind spitting but when it's a big fat, mushy green one that makes my stomach turn.

People walking really slowly along the food aisles in supermarkets and don't move even when they clearly see you straining yourself across them.

People leaving their trolleys in the middle of a tiny aisle while they disappear causing a traffic jam.

Incredibly ugly people. (Though that usually sports a good mental laugh :p )

Emo kids, they look ridicilous with their stupid hair gelled sideways and died black while they wear stupid Dennis The Menace-like tops.

Incredibly obese people wobbling & wheezing up the street and suddenly stopping to take a breather while you're stuck behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 smilingatyou

Duggy747 wrote:
    Can't stand people littering on the ground when a bin is right beside them.

People farting in Bank queues, for fùck sake!!
    ah now this is a persons right, if you cant stand the heat it makes for a shorter Q. although it is bad form if your at the top.
    Duggy747 wrote:
    Don't mind spitting but when it's a big fat, mushy green one that makes my stomach turn.

People walking really slowly along the food aisles in supermarkets and don't move even when they clearly see you straining yourself across them.

People leaving their trolleys in the middle of a tiny aisle while they disappear causing a traffic jam.

Incredibly ugly people. (Though that usually sports a good mental laugh :p )

Incredibly obese people wobbling & wheezing up the street and suddenly stopping to take a breather while you're stuck behind them.

Pretty much all the properties of a real old man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Pretty much all the properties of a real old man

And thats why i'm looking forward to being an old man, i can be as horrible and mean as i like, and somone will appologise for me going "sure, thats just his way"

NO CONSEQUENCES!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

dog walkers who leave their dog sh it on my front door step- one day i'll follow them home and sh it on his doorstep- see if he likes it.

bike riders on narrow pavements- get on the road, pavements are for pedestrians!!!

i agree about umbrellas and littering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Litering REALLY REALLY annoys me. I saw a scumbag family the other day, each one with ice creams. The youngest kid dropped her wrapper on the ground and I thought that the mother would tell her off but instead she dropped hers aswell...the rest of the family followed. We all have to live here, lets try to keep it looking nice, eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Duggy747 wrote:

Aye QFT! I can't stand shopping at the best of times but this really pisses me off. Oh and note to supermarket owners - try putting your off-license section closer to the door so I don't have to play trolley dodgems with every ignorant fcuker in my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

People who fart in your car and then try close up there window to keep the smell in.

People who barge on to buses, trains, trams, come on WTF everyone will get on the thing just relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Old ladys with them wheely shopping bags that bang into the back of your ankles.

People who scratch their bits.

People who fart in queues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

You could collect it up in a bag, follow the walker and leave it in his/her letterbox with a note saying "You left this on my doorstep by mistake; your property returned herewith".

As for small people with umbrellas, what are we supposed to do, get wet? get stilts?
    dog walkers who leave their dog sh it on my front door step- one day i'll follow them home and sh it on his doorstep- see if he likes it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

just get longer umberellas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Little skobie boy racers who drive along in their "modified" Starlets and Micras thumping headache inducing crappy dance music (its never the good stuff, always some shi**y pop song sped up to double speed with a "dum-dum-dum" base line added) so loud it shakes the windows as they pass.
    ROLL THE FUC*ING WINDOWS UP!!! IF YOU WANT TO GO DEAF DON'T TAKE THE REST OF US WITH YOU!!!!

...and groups of people who walk really slowly in front of you and automatically spread out to fill all the path so you can't get past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

You mean like the Spanish and Italian foreign language students? I saw a herd of yellow-backpacks coming towards me the other day and just turned around. No point whatsoever trying to get through them.

People who aggressively use their umbrellas to move people out of the way. I'd have lost an eye last Friday evening if it wasn't for my glasses, and yer wan was pissed off that I'd thwarted her! Sorry for not going blind there missus. Maybe next time, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

cant stand people spitting in the street its disgusting. I have a bad sinus problem but theres no way im gonna spit in public!
    muppets who stand 2 abreast on the esculators esp skangers where your to afraid to try to to get by. the london rule of 'stand to the left or move your ass' should apply here.
    people moving slowly in a herd taking over the whole road so you cant get by

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

not really a big deal, but I hate it when you sit down on the bus...want to chill out after a long day and some fecker sits right next to you even though the bus is otherwise empty usually talking loudly on their phone or eating a big stinky bag of tayto....

Aggressive chuggers/beggars are also irritating but there's a whole other thread for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

ciaranfo wrote:
    Spitting in public? Come on will you ... big bloody deal? How does it affect you? The perception of something as a bad habit varies from person to person and unfortunitly that's life .. the guy spat on the street and not on you!

It's unhygenic and it effects me if i'm walking back from a caffe with a sandwich to my office and i see a big pile on the ground, it puts me off my food entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Rhyme wrote:
    YES, i come home with marks on my neck from these people. Add to that people who bring out those giant golfing umbrellas just for themself and you're onto something.

I agree, People some times lack curtesy when it comes to the use of umbrellas and its usually the men. I'm the one who alway has to fold hers down or do a swift angled move to the side to avoid mine being tangled up in theirs!

Also i dislike when people let the doors of department stores slam in from of you instead of politely holding it. Sorry i'm just a bit of a manners fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

boohoo. if you have to spit, you have to spit. personally i hate pleghm in my mouth and it makes me want to vomit. so pick your poison spit or spew.

people barging onto a train/tram/bus is one of the worst things and i cant stand it. ive knocked people over trying to do that to me when im getting off the dart in tara.

CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

spitting - it's something done mostly by scumbags

FFS get some tissues / hankies - spit on them and then put in a bin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Tusky wrote:
    Litering REALLY REALLY annoys me. I saw a scumbag family the other day, each one with ice creams. The youngest kid dropped her wrapper on the ground and I thought that the mother would tell her off but instead she dropped hers aswell...the rest of the family followed. We all have to live here, lets try to keep it looking nice, eh ?

m83 thinks that littering is acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

luckat wrote:
    As for small people with umbrellas, what are we supposed to do, get wet? get stilts?
    Get a hat :D
    As for all the people saying they have to spit as they wouldn't want to swallow the snot, why the **** should I have to risk getting it on me shoes then. Use a tissue or swallow it FFS. I dont buy that make you puke excuse Jaggeh, think how much phlegm drains down into your little stomach every day and you dont puke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

People who throw litter on the ground.

I honesty believe that they deserve punishment beatings.

Forget drug-dealing or joyriding, littering is most anti-social behaviour of all.

yeah people who litter annoy me as well.

just says something about that person.. you get the impression these people would be happy to live in a litter-strewn environment if it wasn't cleaned up by someone.

Advertisement