Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food intolerance test results

Options
  • 16-06-2021 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi i just had a food/environmental intolerance test.

E322d otter (Leithiness Soft Drinks) showed up and its only thing i dont fully understand.

What is it?
    Is it in all soft drinks?
    If not which popular ones (coca cola, club soft drinks, lucazade, etc.)
    How do i find out what things use it.

Thanking you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Mutant wrote: »
    Hi i just had a food/environmental intolerance test.

E322d otter (Leithiness Soft Drinks) showed up and its only thing i dont fully understand.

What is it?
    Is it in all soft drinks?
    If not which popular ones (coca cola, club soft drinks, lucazade, etc.)
    How do i find out what things use it.

Thanking you
    E322 Lecithins

These are a group. They can come from soybeans or egg prob other things I am not aware of.

I know its/they are definitely used to soften a lot of chocolates. It/They is also used to emusify fats with water.

I think most of it in our foods comes from soybean oil. With obv some exceptions.

A lot of it now is genetically modified.

Its in a lot of things unfortunately ...its in margarine ..ice creams ...um chocolates ..mayonnaises ..prob a lot of salad dressings too. Its also in a lot of breads and other baking products. Its in a lot of dairy and convenience or processed foods a lot of potato snacks.
    This group are used as Emulsifiers, Stabilisers, Thickeners and Gelling Agents.

The only way is to read the label of everything you eat and see if it is there. Then you will get used to what it is in.

Note of E numbers .....some e numbers are given to totally naturally occurring substances like vit c. Therefore the term 'FREE' of E numbers is meaningless. Many components of completely natural unprocessed foods have been given E numbers even apples. Its why when some people get a list of allergies they often have to avoid even natural foods like lets say citrus fruits. That does not mean this is the case for you. I am not advising you to do that ..or to do or not do anything ..I AM NOT a nutritionist.

Vit C is E300 for example.

Have you been told you only have to avoid this when it is an additive or even if its naturally occurring?

I would assume its just the derived lecithin used as an additive you must avoid...and the naturally occurring lecithin in lets say soybeans is ok.BUT I DONT KNOW. And i really think you need to ask the doctor who gave you the test.

You must ask whatever doctor gave you the test really.

Im surprised they didn't tell you more or explain it better.

I would not be able to provide you of an exhaustive list of everything it would be in ..because it would be huge and even include some totally unprocessed foods. And the list where its a derived additive would still be too long really.

I suggest you go back to the doctor who gave you the test and ask for more information.

The E number will only be listed if its artificially added. Not if its naturally occurring ..i.e you will need to look for the E number either online or on the packet.

Just look at the ingredients for everything you eat ...it will be listed as E322 ..its in a lot of stuff though like..breads chocolates etc ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

It's likely soy lecithin...know some who got the same results but sunflower lecithin was fine with them, they are also fine with whole eggs too

Advertisement