Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV 2euro/month SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

TheDriver wrote: »
    I signed up for the year, €18.16
    3 months free over monthly. Savage value a month.
    I've started looking at EDGE TV. The CEV quarters are also on at the moment and the NBA is great value. Lots of things other than the premiership in this package.

I'm going to keep with the €2 a month in case they ever catch on and disable the service, also there is no soccer on over the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I'm going to keep with the €2 a month in case they ever catch on and disable the service, also there is no soccer on over the summer

For less than the price of a good take away I reckon it's not worse the hassle doing the monthly DD. Everyone to their own however.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

I'm the same. I learnt that lesson from the deezer ba a couple of years ago.

Anyone know of an alternative service that also has champions league games? Only thing missing for me on this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

franman wrote: »

Anyone know of an alternative service that also has champions league games? Only thing missing for me on this

if you have Virgin Broadband, you can get their sports channels for free even if you don't have their TV service. Not a lot of people seem to know this (I only found out myself a few weeks ago). They have all the CL, EL and 6 Nations matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

franman wrote: »

What happened with the deezer one? In this case, it's google play has processed the sub so they'll be getting it back for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Who is going to catch on though? The Turkish guys are not going to do anything unless they are forced to, they are making money. They obviously know folk are signing up using VPNs already.

Kolido wrote: »
    Who is going to catch on though? The Turkish guys are not going to do anything unless they are forced to, they are making money. They obviously know folk are signing up using VPNs already.

They don't care. Unless there's an exodus from sky sports, no one will care. And there won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

They don't care. Unless there's an exodus from sky sports, no one will care. And there won't be.

I agree with this.
    It's not really a like for like replacement for BT, Sky etc.
    With Sky you are getting pre match and halftime analysis plus 24 hour news and coverage of other sports as well.
    I'm happy just watching a match only and this is great for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

What happened with the deezer one? In this case, it's google play has processed the sub so they'll be getting it back for me

I was on a monthly sub with Deezer and they refunded me all my payments from when I had signed up when they kicked me.
    I'm on Netflix years at this stage and no hassles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Dubit11

dulpit wrote: »
    Why are services like this so cheap in other countries, but we get hammered here?

Because people here thick enough to pay the subs and in the UK. I gave in paying Sky for sports back in 2002 and have used other methods to watch football since.

Good spot OP.

• Advertisement

I find it excellent for other sports. NBA gets great coverage, as does MotoGP. Pro Bull Riding is fascinating and the CEV league is very enjoyable. It opens your eyes to all these other sports.
    And it works so easily on the firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

F1 starting next month also. Hopefully it's like the Wrestling live in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

The Mulk wrote: »
    I was on a monthly sub with Deezer and they refunded me all my payments from when I had signed up when they kicked me.
    I'm on Netflix years at this stage and no hassles
    Do you have any hassles with Netflix through Turkey & how much does it cost?

Batesout wrote: »
    Do you have any hassles with Netflix through Turkey & how much does it cost?

See the netflix thread, 42TL a month for premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

See the netflix thread, 42TL a month for premium.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Can you install on multiple devices and watch simultaneously?

johnfás wrote: »

No.

You can watch multiple events at once on the desktop site though.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭NellyMcD

johnfás wrote: »
    You can watch on multiple devices, just one at a time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

A two-parter question if that's ok (both related)

Delighted to have the NBA content in this - does anyone know if there is any sort of daily/weekly highlights show on the platform?

I've seen a daily show but it's in Turkish. I know you can get highlights off youtube/nba.com but I'm looking for something more like a Match of the Day format with some studio analysis if possible - the YT just show scores, not defensive plays and the highlights on NBA.com are too short. The ones on NBA leaguepass appear to be 30mins per game which is probably too long for me.

I tried to get Dazn to work to see if their NBA content had something good but couldn't get it to work - signed up in Ireland, Express VPN to Canada (no ontario option on pc or tablet) and then just an error message - anyone got it working able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

steve_r wrote: »
    A two-parter question if that's ok (both related)

Delighted to have the NBA content in this - does anyone know if there is any sort of daily/weekly highlights show on the platform?

I've seen a daily show but it's in Turkish. I know you can get highlights off youtube/nba.com but I'm looking for something more like a Match of the Day format with some studio analysis if possible - the YT just show scores, not defensive plays and the highlights on NBA.com are too short. The ones on NBA leaguepass appear to be 30mins per game which is probably too long for me.

I tried to get Dazn to work to see if their NBA content had something good but couldn't get it to work - signed up in Ireland, Express VPN to Canada (no ontario option on pc or tablet) and then just an error message - anyone got it working able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

No, seems to be only ESPN and sometimes TNT matches themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

no joy with dazn here (private vpn) first time my vpn hasn't worked with a service

dazn 1.99 a month express vpn about 3 times that though so not really worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

steve_r wrote: »

Dazn Canada don't have NBA, check wiki for different countries content.

Dazn canada setup for android;
    Download app
    use VPN & sign up through app as in Canada
    It'll be a Google play sub. but you get a free month so aren't billed straight away. ( took me two goes for it to go through)

I'm going to cancel before then & see if a sub. Through the Irish one will keep it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Dazn Canada don't have NBA, check wiki for different countries content.

Dazn canada setup for android;
    Download app
    use VPN & sign up through app as in Canada
    It'll be a Google play sub. but you get a free month so aren't billed straight away. ( took me two goes for it to go through)

I'm going to cancel before then & see if a sub. Through the Irish one will keep it working.

I have a Spanish DAZN for the past year and my vpn let's it switch to the Canadian DAZN.

It was tricky for me to get the Spanish one as I had to pay via my Spanish bank account.

It costs €10pm and I really like it. The Premier league content is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I have a Spanish DAZN for the past year and my vpn let's it switch to the Canadian DAZN.

It was tricky for me to get the Spanish one as I had to pay via my Spanish bank account.

Have they the European football or rugby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

IrishHomer wrote: »

Just use the Irish Dazn, it's only €1.99

Del007 wrote: »
    Just use the Irish Dazn, it's only €1.99
    Sorry to be going off topic but I’ve installed DAZN and signed up for €1.99 and all I can see is boxing?

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Sorry to be going off topic but I’ve installed DAZN and signed up for €1.99 and all I can see is boxing?

That's all they have rights to.

You have to turn vpn on for Canada to get access to football.

Dazn are very good at spotting vpns also I could only ever get it work on my laptop not firestick or phone.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    That's all they have rights to.

You have to turn vpn on for Canada to get access to football.

Dazn are very good at spotting vpns also I could only ever get it work on my laptop not firestick or phone.

Ok thanks another poster suggested using the Irish DAZN so I presumed it showed more than just boxing, I’ll try a vpn with it

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Ok thanks another poster suggested using the Irish DAZN so I presumed it showed more than just boxing, I’ll try a vpn with it

No the other poster was suggesting to sign up for a irish account instead of the spanish account the original poster had signed up for and was paying 10 euro for instead the same could be done for 2 euro a month.

• Advertisement

I had a second account setup a few weeks ago trying credit card purchase (which failed) but they've now sent me a survey which once complete, gives you 1 month free.

Advertisement