Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Just got notice on the tracker page that our passport is printing. The estimated date is still 13th May but should have it Monday or Tuesday I was told. Just in time for the holiday.

I don't know if it was just luck, calling them and explaining our case or if the TDs I contacted helped. I'm grateful either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

Offered to do that as well and was told they wouldn’t accept it. If we do that we have to start application process again 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Giotto3

That's great. Hope it arrives and you get to enjoy a good holiday. You'll need it after all this stress over passports!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Our estimated date which changed from April 21st to May 10th is still just showing as processing application.

When did your estimated date of April 21st change? Did they contact you to say there was a problem with your supporting documents? My estimated issue date was 4th May. Today is the 7th May. On 4th May the progress tracker bar was full. On 5th May the progress tracker bar was reversed to about the three-quarter full mark but the estimated date has stayed the same at 4th May. And it still says "Processing Application: your application is being processed." What does any of this mean? I don't think there's any point in wasting time trying to ring them because the official dfa website says the people from the customer service hub can't tell you if your documents have been checked etc. as the "Customer Service Hub agent won't have any additional information available if your application is progressing in line with our current turnaround times." And also, "Over 90% of passports will issue on the estimated issue by date where the correct documents have been submitted. If we ask for further documents, the estimated issue by date will change based on when these are submitted to the Passport Service." So, that statement means that 10% of applications don't issue on the estimated issue by date even if they have sent the correct documents and maybe my application is one of those OR they haven't got round to verifying my documents at all yet which is why the progress tracker has reversed. Losing the will to live here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Our estimated date is still showing as 25th April. They received the application 2 months and 12 days ago. Have been unable to contact them on the phone, chat, twitter etc. We are due to go on holidays in the first week of June and right now I don't think we will have the passport.

Reading this thread and many other complaints online it is clear that the passport office is a place of gross incompetence and a customer service that has to be the worst in the country.

In early April, the emailed saying we sent in the wrong birth cert and that we needed the long form which was what we sent. The person on the phone that day was of no help at all. The next day a different person said that it was a copy which we know was not the case because it was the only cert we had that got posted. They reiterated what the email said that if we got a cert posted in in a timely manner we would have it all sorted by the 21st due date. The cert arrived with them 3 days after the email and 2 days later the dates changed to May 10th and has been at the verifying/processing stages since then.

That is so frustrating. The more people's stories I read on here the more I believe that the progress tracker is meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

• Registered Users Posts: 5 orourke84

Great news! Just curious of your timeline? My date is May 26th (though not expecting it) ... Holiday is on July 11th so like everyone else, I'm hoping I still have enough time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 iryna88

I applied for my 1st passport on 12of February. On 21 February documents recieved and we are verifying them now. On 15 march application being processed, estimated date 29 april. Every thing was fine then on 27 April got email they're looking for proof of address and there is problem with verification form had to resubmit that send everything next day. No update for whole week ring them 4 times with no help. And then got new estimated date 27 may😳 i have flights booked for 16 may😭got in touch with local TD he contacted them and they told him that they only received my supporting documentation on 21 april😡wich is not true because i have a screenshot of my tracker saying 21 February. Place is absolute joke

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Similar dilemma here to a lot of you guys. Applied for FTP for my son and daughter feb 1st. My daughters was issued on 25th of april two days before estimated date on the tracker.

No word on my sons. A few days later the tracker has an alert to check my email. No email sent. Much time spent trying webchat and phone to no avail. Two days later get an email so say the Garda didn't record his name in the logbook so i must resubmit the consent form.

Rang Garda station but due to GDPR crock of **** the refuse to even check the book. After an hour on hold speak to someone in passport office who tells me I'm very unlucky and need to resubmit.

So I resubmitted last tuesday and the tracker has still not updated. Same alert that I need to submit supporting docs. Anyone know how long this can take to update?

Hols at end of the month so may need to change flights at huge expense.

So frustrating as no mistake my end and I saw both names being recorded! Total joke of a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Applied 12th Feb, got quick confirmation all documents received and being processed. Our first estimated date was 3rd May, but few days before that we were emailed to tell us the photo was rejected and to send another which we did that day. Our new estimated date was then 13th May. I contacted 2 TDs one of which was Coveney thinking Minister for Foreign Affairs surely he'd have some sway. Tracker showed printing on Saturday 7th May and its been dispatched and we'll probably get it tomorrow. We are flying on 19th May.

I contacted 2 TDs and also got through to the passport office after 126 calls one day. If you hear a man's voice on the answering machine it means you've gotten through and are in line, plead your case and they may be able to hurry up or prioritise your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Similar story here, applied in early feb, was due the 26th of april, 2 days before that we got an email saying pic was not acceptable (you try get an energetic 18 month old to stay still) anyway got it all resubmited, new due date 18th may, hols booked for 1st week in june, so I was starting to panic, got onto all the local TDs to help last week. Now today I recieved her original birthcert back in the post??? Is this a good sign????? It still says processing online!

God the stress of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

Just to update...after TD intervention on Friday 6th my new passport arrived this morning - amazing what can be done when someone kicks up enough of a fuss. Still no sign of my son's passport but they have at least said they will now accept another original birth certificate and continue on processing his application rather then making us start the process again. They are still adamant we never sent birth cert into them in the first place which we know we did but at this point we have 15 working days to get our sons passport in order to get away on holidays so not going to argue that point with them! Will wait until we get his passport and we will submit a complaint at that stage - just don't want any excuses to hold up his docs...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bindyboo

That is great news, I am so confused about the TD's, some i have called say that the office wont give them any info because of GDPR but then on here i see TD's are getting responses from them. I hope they can do some pushing. I finally got confirmation that my application has been 'assigned' so there is an issuing office working on it. Fingers crossed everything lines up...need it by Friday. Has anyone experience of the timeline from when the issuing office has gotten their hands on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

We the same issue with the newborns passport

Photo rejected right near first estimated date.

Resubmitted,no confirmation if it good or not, just the tracker got pushed back, and issue date updated( an extra week added)

Received docs back n the post and the tracker updated to printing In the next couple of days. Received the passport on the new estimated issue date.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭xtal191

Traveling to Brussels from the 19th of May to the 23rd, passport is up on August 21st this. Will that be ok? If I do the online renewal would I have a new one by Thursday week?

Passport status has now updated to printing for our 3 year old first application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Your passport will be valid for EU travel until 21 August?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jaybro7

• Registered Users Posts: 8 robin83

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Have pretty much lost all hope. Submitted 2 first time passports 7th March postal submission. Applications have been processing since start of Apr. Issue date 2nd May. Holiday booked 18th may as desperately wanted to go with my parents when they're going. Got through twice to the passport office after hundreds of phone calls, they say they are in final security checks. My witnesses have not been contacted. Local tds have escalated the requests. Emailed Coveney's office.

Do I just give up? Is there anything else I could do. I know stupid to book holiday without passports but was being optimistic and had some friends get their passports early.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bindyboo

Hi Robin83, it is so stressful isnt it? I think it sounds like you are in a good position to have it in time. I'm flying on the 15th and have been calling & webchatting almost every day. Have also got TDs involved. They won't commit to anything but being in the final security checks sounds positive. If they print & issue you will get a tracking number from An Post, i believe if you contact an post you can go to an An Post facility & collect it if you are super tight for time. I will cross everything for you! I am living for this holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 8 robin83

Thanks for your positive reply! Refreshing! The whole process is incredibly stressful. I got through after over 200 calls today. The ×woman was polite but offered no real solutions. She said the passports are on a "a list". Unfortunately she did flag that as first time applicant we needed gaurds to witness signatures. The garda that signed for the photos wouldn't be our witness as he doesn't know us personally. I don't know any guards personally to be honest. So I had healthcare professionals whose professions were listed sign. This may or may not be a problem. She couldn't say.

Because it is a postal application I have to wait for a letter to say if not good enough.

The wait and see and keep an eye on the tracker is driving me nuts! Along with the feeling of unfairness which comes when you're on the unlucky side of a luck of the draw situation.

Really hope you get yours through on time. Good news passport stories are needed on this thread!

The original date was April 21st which then changed to May 10th.

The passport arrived today, a few days short of 3.5 months from start to finish because of the issue with the birth certificate.

my Initial date for my daughter’s first passport was 28th April - issue with consent form not verified because if garda not doing his job…. New date now of the 23rd of May. So I’ve any hope of this arriving any earlier? Has Anyones arrived early? Any good news stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Sorry to hear you've had the same issue with the consent form as me. Very frustrating that someone else's error can potentially cost hundreds to change flights.

Can i ask how long it took the tracker to update from the alert when you resent your form in? Resent my sons eight days ago and no change on the tracker, still saying i need to send in the supporting docs.... so stressful!

frustrating isn’t the word. I stand to lose €2k on a holiday because of it if passport doesn’t arrive before the 20th (due 23rd)

my tracker updated with documents received etc about 4 working days after I posted them. I’ve rang TD’s, senators etc but no luck whatsoever so far unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not many people will know a garda, we don't, that's why you take your own passport and kids birth cert to garda Station with you, gardai fills in the book with all your details and kids, then when passport office call them they check the book and tell them that it's all been checked and is OK.

Pretty sure you have to get a first time applicant done via the gardai, don't think there's may way around it

Advertisement