Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madeleine McCann

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

bubblypop wrote:
    Sorry, but this is untrue. Yes they were very irresponsible leaving their children like they did, I'm sure they regret that every day of their lives. However, the person or persons responsible are the Person(s) that either abducted her or killed & hid the body. Without evidence against the parents, you cannot state they did either. So not responsible for Madeline being missing.

What's not true? I said they left their child alone and unprotected. I didn't say they killed her don't start making up stuff like another poster here engages in. What I said is her disappearance is a result of her parents leaving her alone, they bare responsibility.

What I said is her disappearance is a result of her parents leaving her alone, they bare responsibility.

That's not true.
    Her disappearance is the responsibility of whoever ' dissapeared ' her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,002 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

bubblypop wrote: »
    Sorry, but this is untrue.
    Yes they were very irresponsible leaving their children like they did, I'm sure they regret that every day of their lives.
    However, the person or persons responsible are the Person(s) that either abducted her or killed & hid the body.
    Without evidence against the parents, you cannot state they did either. So not responsible for Madeline being missing.

I cannot reconcile the fact that the parents left three under four year olds alone, and yet the sole responsibility for whatever happened is placed on a so called abductor.

There is no evidence of abduction either though. Is there?

bubblypop wrote:
    That's not true. Her disappearance is the responsibility of whoever ' dissapeared ' her.

So her parents leaving her unprotected in an apartment with her younger siblings has no bearing on her disappearance? Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Has anyone ever explained how the twins slept through nearly 5/6 hours of commotion in the apartment. Never waking.

I can't imagine where the term 'sleep like a baby' ever came from. :rolleyes:

yet the sole responsibility for whatever happened is placed on a so called abductor.

Of course sole responsibility lies with whoever ' dissapeared ' her.
    Victims are never to blame in crimes.

So her parents leaving her unprotected in an apartment with her younger siblings has no bearing on her disappearance? Really?

Nope. Whoever took her is responsible, whoever that may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Besides a missing child?

Shame the crime scene was so trampled and there was no CCTV at the Ocean Club. It might have made the investigation so much easier.

bubblypop wrote:
    Of course sole responsibility lies with whoever ' dissapeared ' her. Victims are never to blame in crimes.

Why would Madeline be blamed? She is the victim.

I cannot reconcile the fact that the parents left three under four year olds alone, and yet the sole responsibility for whatever happened is placed on a so called abductor.

There is no evidence of anything, apart from Madeline being missing.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote:
    Nope. Whoever took her is responsible, whoever that may be.

So leaving her unprotected in your opinion was ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

Besides a missing child?

Shame the crime scene was so trampled and there was no CCTV at the Ocean Club. It might have made the investigation so much easier.

A missing child is not evidence of an abduction. No more than it's not evidence the parents killed her.

limnam wrote: »
    A missing child is not evidence of an abduction. No more than it's not evidence the parents killed her.

Ok, there's a missing child. What are the options?

Not sure what part you don't seem to get

A missing child is a missing child.

It's not evidence someone abducted it, it's not evidence it got "lost" it's not evidence it was killed.

You understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Wandered and got lost or fell in a hole

Was taken by an abductor

Died and was taken away by someone who knew her

Was killed by accident or died by accident and was removed

All possible but no evidence of any of them

Thats the strange puzzle here , not one single bit of evidence for any option . Nothing at all

Binary discussion.

There are those who, in my opinion of course have an open mind on what happened. And there are those who will not countenance anything other than a bogeyman/woman stealing the child from an unlocked unchecked apartment a good bit away from the eating and drinking.

I know which one I think. But anyway.

There is no evidence that the child was abducted at all. There is some kind of hmmm about the fact that the twin kids slept right through all the commotion for hours.

There are theories galore out there.

But the bottom line, as we all know is that those three under fours (under four!) were left alone night after night, and no one knows if they were ever checked on at all.

So the child is gone.

The parents were neglectful. They know this, we know this, you all know this. But what I would like to know is where is the evidence of an abductor at all?

There is none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Nice attempt at baiting other posters, you hoping to get the thread closed or posters sanctioned?
    Here is a fact Madeline is missing due to the irresponsible behaviour of the two people that should have protected her, not opinion but fact.

I get it. You’re of the opinion that Madeleines parents behaved irresponsibly. For some reason you can’t distinguish between “facts” and your opinion.
    Well Madeleines disappeance had nothing to do with her parents who behaved impeccably throughout. Not opinion, fact.

It's not evidence someone abducted it, it's not evidence it got "lost" it's not evidence it was killed.

You understand?

There's really no need to be so patronising in your reply. I'm not stupid, so don't talk down to me as if I were.

Is abduction one of the more reasonable assumptions to make when a young child goes missing from their bed? I mean aside from alien abduction, running away to join the circus etc. It's a reasonable theory that she was abducted, rather than any of those other things.

What evidence of abduction are you looking for in this particular case? A witness? None that weren't either ruled out or were never followed up on.

CCTV images? None available in the immediate area.

Fingerprints? Gloves?

Footprints? The crime scene was trampled. Vital evidence perhaps lost.

A confession? Not likely.

Dead body covered in the abductors DNA? Not so far.

Found alive? Again, sadly unlikely.

What other evidence would you suggest looking for for abduction to be a viable option besides a missing child?

splinter65 wrote: »
    I get it. You’re of the opinion that Madeleines parents behaved irresponsibly. For some reason you can’t distinguish between “facts” and your opinion.
    Well Madeleines disappeance had nothing to do with her parents who behaved impeccably throughout. Not opinion, fact.

The McCanns are of the opinion they behaved irresponsibly.

Hence them regretting it. Fact.

Behaved impeccably? They refused to cooperate with the Portuguese police?
    They left 3 kids under 4 at home alone while they went out and ate and drank?

Is this a wind up?

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote:

The same parents who went off to a restaurant with their mates for a meal leaving their children unattended and unprotected , door unlocked. Impeccable, lol.

You understand?

“It”. Sums up the attitude to the missing child displayed here. She’s only a bit part player in the persecute the McCanns never ending circus. Awful stuff.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wandered and got lost or fell in a hole

Was taken by an abductor

Died and was taken away by someone who knew her

Was killed by accident or died by accident and was removed

All possible but no evidence of any of them

Thats the strange puzzle here , not one single bit of evidence for any option . Nothing at all

Thank you, that's all I was looking for! No smartarsery needed at all.

These are all viable options, abduction included. As you say, no evidence for any of them. I just have a problem with people ruling abduction out because there was 'no evidence' of it. Like, the missing child is the biggest clue...the rest is all circumstantial theory.

The same parents who went off to a restaurant with their mates for a meal leaving their children unattended and unprotected , door unlocked. Impeccable, lol.

Yep. Impeccable parents. Loving caring generous and hardworking. Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭oceanman

Binary discussion.

There are those who, in my opinion of course have an open mind on what happened. And there are those who will not countenance anything other than a bogeyman/woman stealing the child from an unlocked unchecked apartment a good bit away from the eating and drinking.

I know which one I think. But anyway.

There is no evidence that the child was abducted at all. There is some kind of hmmm about the fact that the twin kids slept right through all the commotion for hours.

There are theories galore out there.

But the bottom line, as we all know is that those three under fours (under four!) were left alone night after night, and no one knows if they were ever checked on at all.

So the child is gone.

The parents were neglectful. They know this, we know this, you all know this. But what I would like to know is where is the evidence of an abductor at all?

There is none.
    there is no evidence of anything though....that the problem with this case.

There's really no need to be so patronising in your reply. I'm not stupid, so don't talk down to me as if I were.

Sorry, you don't seem to be able to separate a child missing and evidence of an abduction. So I tried to help you.

Is abduction one of the more reasonable assumptions to make when a young child goes missing from their bed? I mean aside from alien abduction, running away to join the circus etc. It's a reasonable theory that she was abducted, rather than any of those other things.

Assumptions is not evidence.

What evidence of abduction are you looking for in this particular case? A witness? None that weren't either ruled out or were never followed up on.

Fingerprints? Gloves?

What other evidence would you suggest looking for for abduction to be a viable option besides a missing child?

This is why it comes across as patronising. As even after the explanation you don't seem to understand the difference between a missing child and evidence of an abduction.

The fact the child is misisng is not evidince of an abduction no more it's evidence she wandered off and fell down a well or was murdered by the parents or any other criminal act

do you understnd now?

• Advertisement

limnam wrote:
    Is this a wind up?

Yes, don't rise to it though.

Fingerprints? Gloves?

Turn that around to the parents giving the kids Pseudoephedrine or some other sedative anti histamine.

The twins slept through all the trampling of the crime scene and so on.

Bottom line is no one knows.

But Occam's Razor is a good starting point. Think about it.

That plus the fact that the family had every assistance from people in high places from the get go. I doubt I would get that if my child went missing in the same circumstances. Would you, if heaven forbid the same thing happened to you?

Strange to me that everyone who had any power was involved. From police, Ambassadors, and so many more too many to mention. Handy to have those contacts. Good for them.

Anyway, there is still no evidence of abduction is there? None.

And why would an abductor target one child and not the other two, who were oblivious anyway, even if they needed an accomplice.

There are far too many inconsistencies in this that it is impossible not to be a tad sceptical about it all.

But if you can provide evidence of what happened that would be great.

Otherwise, we are all just using our instinct.

oceanman wrote: »

It's the Marie Celeste of crimes, hence the endless obsession with it.

splinter65 wrote:
    Yep. Impeccable parents. Loving caring generous and hardworking. Fact.

Yet the same loving caring parents regularly during the period in question left their children unattended and unprotected when they went dining with their mates. Also fact, do you think you are winding me up?

Sorry, you don't seem to be able to separate a child missing and evidence of an abduction. So I tried to help you.

This is why it comes across as patronising. As even after the explanation you don't seem to understand the difference between a missing child and evidence of an abduction.

The fact the child is misisng is not evidince of an abduction no more it's evidence she wandered off and fell down a well or was murdered by the parents or any other criminal act

do you understnd now?

Not sure if you're failing to understand my point, or you're being deliberately obtuse for the sake of it, or you're just plain rude, but either way, I shan't be replying to your condescending posts from here on in.

• Advertisement

“It”. Sums up the attitude to the missing child displayed here. She’s only a bit part player in the persecute the McCanns never ending circus. Awful stuff.

Clap clap, well done.

You've no interest , it's taken me awhile.

Oh and I often think that a "D" notice or whatever it's called is in place in order not to implicate the family in the MSM.

It's on ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I think the intention is to get the thread closed by agitating until we bite
    Blanking is the best strategy

do you understnd now?

But there’s no evidence of anything, except a missing child. So you can’t take either abduction or woke and wandered off the list.
    Because both those scenarios have credible timelines.
    Unless you can provide a credible timeline for the parents having disposed of Madeleines body then we can safely say that her parents didn’t harm her.
    Now do YOU understand that?

oceanman wrote: »

Your right.

A lot of people changing their stories.

people not assisting with police enquirers

A lot of people neglecting their children

but no real evidence on poor "maddie"

But there’s no evidence of anything, except a missing child. So you can’t take either abduction or woke and wandered off the list.
    Because both those scenarios have credible timelines.
    Unless you can provide a credible timeline for the parents having disposed of Madeleines body then we can safely say that her parents didn’t harm her.
    Now do YOU understand that?

Evidence required for your theory now. It could be done.

Did one of the Checkers fail to enter the bedroom of the kids? Hmm.

I personally think they are being protected by D notices or something. There can be no criticism of Mcs in UK ever.

Turn that around to the parents giving the kids Pseudoephedrine or some other sedative anti histamine.

The twins slept through all the trampling of the crime scene and so on.

No evidence of this, even after testing of the twins.

That plus the fact that the family had every assistance from people in high places from the get go. I doubt I would get that if my child went missing in the same circumstances. Would you, if heaven forbid the same thing happened to you?

Strange to me that everyone who had any power was involved. From police, Ambassadors, and so many more too many to mention. Handy to have those contacts. Good for them.

I'd do everything in my power, yes. They made sure it was high profile so that people in power took notice I guess. Like you say, good for them.

Anyway, there is still no evidence of abduction is there? None.

And why would an abductor target one child and not the other two, who were oblivious anyway, even if they needed an accomplice.

One child is much easier to carry than three I'm guessing. Less conspicuous too.

There are far too many inconsistencies in this that it is impossible not to be a tad sceptical about it all.

But if you can provide evidence of what happened that would be great.

Otherwise, we are all just using our instinct.

I have no more evidence of what happened than the Portuguese or British Police. Like others have said, that's what makes the case so intriguing. Like everyone else, I'd like to see it solved one way or the other, so the McCanns can get some closure.

How long after the night were the tests done?

I'd do everything in my power, yes. They made sure it was high profile so that people in power took notice I guess. Like you say, good for them.

You would.

I would.

They did not. They wouldn't help the police when questioned.

so the McCanns can get some closure.

or be punished.

I personally think they are being protected by D notices or something. There can be no criticism of Mcs in UK ever.

Didn't one of the checkers admit they didn't actually check?

Think it was covered in the doc they opened the door but didn't actually check.

Odd behavior.

• Advertisement

Madeline disappeared in May, the twins were tested in September. Results realeased in October of the same year. Just saying.

limnam wrote:
    How long after the night were the tests done?

5 months.

If you think there’s no critiscm of Madeleines parents in the UK then you’d need to look at the comments section in any newspaper article about the case.
    They continue to be the subject of a witch hunt far worse then the amateur stuff you see here. Madeleine herself quickly became a bit part player in the story of her own disappeance.
    Pretty blonde high cheekboned Kate with the successful career and the happy marriage soon became the object of ire never seen before.
    Even in this thread a poster referred to Madeleine 4 times in one post as “it”.
    It’s the awful side of human nature that the anonymous side of chat rooms has exposed in so many ways.

Didn't one of the checkers admit they didn't actually check?

Think it was covered in the doc they opened the door but didn't actually check.

Odd behavior.

Well that is what I understand happened (or didn't).

How many seconds would it take to peek into the room and have a look at the sleeping children. Very odd.

Am guessing that there were no checks at all, so therefore no one could confirm whether Madeleine was there or not.

Maybe the Tapas Party were oblivious, maybe they were complicit. They at least had baby monitors, Mcs did not.

But anyway, I get a spidey feeling about it all. Can't be helped, we all have our instincts.

That and the immediate intervention of Government, Sky News, and all the rest of it. Just sets my antenna off.

Still think there is a D notice out there about this.

I think I have just solved the CO2 global warming problem. No need for Fusion reactors to be perfected in 30 years time - just round up all the anti McCanners - similar energy potential to ant-matter - and put them all in a large chamber with display screens with constantly scrolling McCann case theories and trivia and then just harness the heat given off.

Madeline disappeared in May, the twins were tested in September. Results realeased in October of the same year. Just saying.

Any drugs in their system would have been still in their hair 6 months later, otherwise what would be the point in testing? Just saying.

If you think there’s no critiscm of Madeleines parents in the UK then you’d need to look at the comments section in any newspaper article about the case.
    They continue to be the subject of a witch hunt far worse then the amateur stuff you see here. Madeleine herself quickly became a bit part player in the story of her own disappeance.
    Pretty blonde high cheekboned Kate with the successful career and the happy marriage soon became the object of ire never seen before.
    Even in this thread a poster referred to Madeleine 4 times in one post as “it”.
    It’s the awful side of human nature that the anonymous side of chat rooms has exposed in so many ways.

Why are you here discussing it, if you think chat rooms are so bad? that is exactly what is going on here, if you don't mind me saying so. Log out if you feel uncomfortable about free speech.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I think I have just solved the CO2 global warming problem. No need for Fusion reactors to be perfected in 30 years time - just round up all the anti McCanners - similar energy potential to ant-matter - and put them all in a large chamber with display screens with constantly scrolling McCann case theories and trivia and then just harness the heat given off.

But there’d be a 3 Mile Island if not a Chernobyl very quickly. What harm though. They’d be out of there permanently outraged misery for good.

5 months.

Ah.

So no proof they were not drugged in Portugal.

• Advertisement

So leaving her unprotected in your opinion was ok?

I have already stated that they behaved very irresponsibly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement