Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Miles of entertainment in the comments under that bull****callerouter instagram post about being blocked by an influencer. Sosueme and MUF seem to be the worst offenders, blocking people for simply asking innocent questions about product ingredients or for 'liking' a post that another commenter made etc...
    I overheard my oh's snapchat the other week, the Cork one (Jordan?) was saying that if someone liked a post she felt was negative she would go out of her way to find their usernames for every media platform she could so she could block them from every angle. Seemed a little obsessive to me.

Slightly unrelated, but she also said she blocks any man who tries to interact with her without question. Since these are essentially commercial platforms could this be against equality legislation? Certainly if Tesco or the likes did it would be. Are these accounts still personal so equality acts don't apply? They wouldn't have a business without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Stheno wrote: »
    Muf posted another heavily filtered pic of her out for her birthday on Instagram earlier
    That photo does no justice to whatever dress she's wearing. It looks like it's been shredded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

TheChizler wrote: »
    I overheard my oh's snapchat the other week, the Cork one (Jordan?) was saying that if someone liked a post she felt was negative she would go out of her way to find their usernames for every media platform she could so she could block them from every angle. Seemed a little obsessive to me.

Slightly unrelated, but she also said she blocks any man who tries to interact with her without question. Since these are essentially commercial platforms could this be against equality legislation? Certainly if Tesco or the likes did it would be. Are these accounts still personal so equality acts don't apply? They wouldn't have a business without them.

I think she didn’t accept male followers for a year or two on Snapchat due to the amount of d*ck pics she was being sent.
    If a man genuinely wanted to follow her, they could do so by FB messaging her their Snapchat username and she would then accept. She accepted my friend after he did that, not sure what her story is these days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

wyrn wrote: »
    That photo does no justice to whatever dress she's wearing. It looks like it's been shredded.

Probably all the filtering

She needs to accept the size she is and stop this ****e

The unedited pics that have been posted are a shocking indication of her delusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Probably all the filtering

She needs to accept the size she is and stop this ****e

The unedited pics that have been posted are a shocking indication of her delusion

You can see the size she is next to maeve who really is a small and slim woman. No amount of photoshopping can change that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You can see the size she is next to maeve who really is a small and slim woman. No amount of photoshopping can change that.

Is Maeve the blonde in the pic?

Is Maeve the blonde in the pic?

Yes she's Maeve Madden an Irish fitness blogger/pt/influencer.
    She has ibs and pcos and posts quite regularly about how it affects her work outs and doesn't shy away from 'bloated' pics. She's a bit of a bragger though and can be irritating but I like watching her workouts she's quite inspiring!

Yes she's Maeve Madden an Irish fitness blogger/pt/influencer.
    She has ibs and pcos and posts quite regularly about how it affects her work outs and doesn't shy away from 'bloated' pics. She's a bit of a bragger though and can be irritating but I like watching her workouts she's quite inspiring!

Well whats weird about the pic is that muf appears to have edited her torso to give herself either abs or flabby boobs falling out of her bra but not her huge arms

It's bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Well whats weird about the pic is that muf appears to have edited her torso to give herself either abs or flabby boobs falling out of her bra but not her huge arms

It's bizarre

Definitely suffers from some sort of "body dysmorphia" and needs to get some professional help before its too late

• Advertisement

She really doesn’t seem to have taken anything from this except to ignore it and hope it’ll go away.
    It’s actually very sad that a woman her age would continue to behave like this.
    She is incapable of taking criticism and by continuing to photoshop her photos she’s making an absolute fool of herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    She really doesn’t seem to have taken anything from this except to ignore it and hope it’ll go away.
    It’s actually very sad that a woman her age would continue to behave like this.
    She is incapable of taking criticism and by continuing to photoshop her photos she’s making an absolute fool of herself.

She must be suffering from something, as i said above body dysmorphia, which is classed as a mental illness.

If not, then she is a fraud for heavily editing imagines of herself

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

It's bizarre

Is there any need to refer to her body in these terms? She doesn't have "huge arms". I am dead set against her editing and facetuning but that's very personal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

WhiteRoses wrote:
    She lied, and lied, and lied. About reselling gifted items. About photoshopping. About losing weight. About buying her apartment in London. About Paul being emotionally abusive. She knew people were aware of what she was up to but refused to address it. And now it has all blown up in her face and she's playing the victim. Its actually mind blowing that she was so arrogant she thought she could get away with it.

blairbear wrote:
    Is there any need to refer to her body in these terms? She doesn't have "huge arms". I am dead set against her editing and facetuning but that's very personal.

They kinda are when compared to the alien body she transforms into after editing.

blairbear wrote: »

I meant it in reference to her torso in the picture, it's completely disproportionate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Have we really come this far? That we actually photoshop ourselves to be published worldwide. Thinking that anyone cares? And more baffling that some people actually do seem to care?

Bloody hell. I'm obviously not 'with it' anymore. Clearly. And kinda happy about it reading all this.

• Advertisement

Have we really come this far? That we actually photoshop ourselves to be published worldwide. Thinking that anyone cares? And more baffling that some people actually do seem to care?

Bloody hell. I'm obviously not 'with it' anymore. Clearly. And kinda happy about it reading all this.

She sells fitness workshops and turkey burgers on the back of her ‘amazing’ body to teenagers and young women. That’s why people care.

blairbear wrote: »

She doesn't have huge arms when she's in proportion to her body but when she photoshops the rest of her upper body into tiny pixi like proportions and forgets her arms then it does look bizarre and the poster wasn't being nasty to point it out.

Her photoshopping last night dragged her friend's arm and clothes out into a weird shape and made her look odd, but MUF's selfishness didn't care, she lives in a world of 'as long as I look good who cares about anyone else'

She needs to stop doing it, if people keep standing up for her and defending her it enables the behaviour.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

pc7 wrote: »

That's great but the problem will be enforcement. The ASAI have never actually done anything to stop bloggers apart from giving them a slight dressing down. They need to follow through and actually start fining bloggers or the companies that pay them, it's the only way they'll stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

LizT wrote: »
    That's great but the problem will be enforcement. The ASAI have never actually done anything to stop bloggers apart from giving them a slight dressing down. They need to follow through and actually start fining bloggers or the companies that pay them, it's the only way they'll stop.
    I think with all the online and national media coverage, it might give them the incentive to really crack down on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

wyrn wrote: »
    I think with all the online and national media coverage, it might give them the incentive to really crack down on this.

I really hope you're right!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

I see this term "Influencers" used a lot in recent days.

What kind of moron is influenced by some random internet gombeen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

doylefe wrote: »
    I see this term "Influencers" used a lot in recent days.

What kind of moron is influenced by some random internet gombeen?

The same type of people who are influenced by any sort of advertisement.

i.e. Most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

The quote at end is hilarious....what did their "power combined" do?

Absolutely nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The quote at end is hilarious....what did their "power combined" do?

Was it just me?
    Everettcollection_captainplanet-161018-a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Have any of them so much as put up a link to an anti bullying website or charity after their "Power Rangers Attack!" posts?
    I thought Suzanne Jackson was contacting charities to work with? Given that she was the leader of this, I'd expect her to be leading the charge. All Ive seen on her snapchat is her dogs and her banging on about Phantom of the Opera with her parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Lindy97 wrote: »
    Have any of them so much as put up a link to an anti bullying website or charity after their "Power Rangers Attack!" posts?
    I thought Suzanne Jackson was contacting charities to work with? Given that she was the leader of this, I'd expect her to be leading the charge. All Ive seen on her snapchat is her dogs and her banging on about Phantom of the Opera with her parents.

It appears to be a collective head in the sand, hoping this will all blow over soon and they can get back to the business of hawking whatever ****e the gullible are willing to shell out their sheckels for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

She's a great one for saying she'll do something and never doing it.
    The weekly non-sponsored reviews lasted one week. I don't know was it an attempt for companies to send her loads of freebies to try or whatever but she never continued after that except another fave foundations which had already been done.

Though now that the Insta page called her out on her earlier blog posts about calling Fergie a tranny and mocking Victoria Beckham and others, she's not really in a position to be Captain Planet any more.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Not sure where to put this one, bull****callerouter has outed a blogger for giving a prize to their inlaw, great fecking work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Not sure where to put this one, bull****callerouter has outed a blogger for giving a price to their inlaw, great fecking work!

Yea, Terrie McEvoy. She ran a competition with Tower Jewellers a few years ago and the winner turned out to be her brother's girlfriend. Hilarious.

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Yea, Terrie McEvoy. She ran a competition with Tower Jewellers a few years ago and the winner turned out to be her brother's girlfriend. Hilarious.

Also seeing now shes related to tower jewellers, ffs!

She's a great one for saying she'll do something and never doing it.
    The weekly non-sponsored reviews lasted one week. I don't know was it an attempt for companies to send her loads of freebies to try or whatever but she never continued after that except another fave foundations which had already been done.

Though now that the Insta page called her out on her earlier blog posts about calling Fergie a tranny and mocking Victoria Beckham and others, she's not really in a position to be Captain Planet any more.
    Her response to those posts being brought up was laughable. That she had 8 writers back in 2011, and also that she didn't check anything they put online? The victim complex was very strong too, it was the fault of whoever brought them up to try to "ruin" her, not hers for having that content on her website under her name in the first place.
    They're incapable of taking ownership for anything they do. Its a bizarre way to live.

Also, if she had "8 writers" when it was a new blog with a small readership- what the hell was Sue doing? Why call your blog So Sue Me if you're not writing the content? Isn't that why people follow you- to hear your thoughts and opinions on things? Of course she wrote it. Such a lame excuse. Who has 8 writers when their blog is a year old, and, it's depressing if she had a team of 8 and that's the dross they produced. Spelling errors everywhere.

She had an advertisement for an intern position last year.

It's gone now but the description was basically a blogger, as in you'd be writing her blogs and finding her content and for free, no pay. I'm sure she had 1000s of applications from her dedicated fans but it made me think, well what will you be doing?
    Suppose she has to make time to fly to China and pick out her cheap tat to flog in the Irish market.

Lindy97 wrote: »
    She had an advertisement for an intern position last year.
    https://twitter.com/sosueme_ie/status/349478333282664448?lang=en-gb
    It's gone now but the description was basically a blogger, as in you'd be writing her blogs and finding her content and for free, no pay. I'm sure she had 1000s of applications from her dedicated fans but it made me think, well what will you be doing?
    Suppose she has to make time to fly to China and pick out her cheap tat to flog in the Irish market.

The lewee veeton won't fill itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Not sure where to put this one, bull****callerouter has outed a blogger for giving a prize to their inlaw, great fecking work!

On one of the other threads on here someone posted that a competition run by SCS was won by one of Sineads friends. Not sure if she confronted about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Caranica wrote: »
    On one of the other threads on here someone posted that a competition run by SCS was won by one of Sineads friends. Not sure if she confronted about it.

Who's SCS?

Suckit wrote: »
    Who's SCS?

Sineads Curvy Style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

They’re not related, she lied to dodge declaring #ad !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

https://lovindublin.com/lifestyle/irish-social-media-influencer

The jewellers reply :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

anna080 wrote: »
    Also, if she had "8 writers" when it was a new blog with a small readership- what the hell was Sue doing? .

Answering the phones in 98/Spin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Caranica wrote: »

She's having a meltdown over this accusation on Snapchat today.

cee_jay wrote: »
    She's having a meltdown over this accusation on Snapchat today.

I wanna see! But I don't want to follow :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

rawn wrote: »
    I wanna see! But I don't want to follow :o

Me too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

You don't need to follow someone on Snapchat to watch their story. Just search their handle and then click on the little circle beside the add button and you can view their story.

This only works if their SC is public though, won't work on private accounts.

• Advertisement

Thanks! Just watched her there, never heard of her before today. She comes across as very genuine, I would be inclined to believe her personally, and I'm beginning to think Bullsh-tcallerouter should at least try to contact the bloggers for an explanation before posting about her. very innocent explanation (if it's true).

I have to agree, she does come across as very genuine. Either she is an amazing liar or she is genuine. I am tending to go with the latter.

I did not see much about the hat comp, so i am a bit confused there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’ve ran a few competitions on the past on my blog, and several have been won by work colleagues, even though I randomly select winners.

If you think about, it makes kinda sense as your family & friends are more likely to see your posts and enter. For that reason I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that comps are fixed.

rawn wrote: »
    Thanks! Just watched her there, never heard of her before today. She comes across as very genuine, I would be inclined to believe her personally, and I'm beginning to think Bullsh-tcallerouter should at least try to contact the bloggers for an explanation before posting about her. very innocent explanation (if it's true).

Do you think no one has ever tried to contact bloggers for an explanation?
    What happens is you ask them and they block you instead of explaining.

Now they are being outed for their behaviour and they don't like it so they are crying on snapchat to get sympathy.

Do you think no one has ever tried to contact bloggers for an explanation?
    What happens is you ask them and they block you instead of explaining.

Now they are being outed for their behaviour and they don't like it so they are crying on snapchat to get sympathy.

That may be, but there a probably a few casualties that haven't behaved badly. I believes that SCS might be one of them (only from watching todays Snaps, so i may have missed a load of her acting badly), as she comes across quite well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement