Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rollins, Reigns, Corbin, Cesaro, Braun, Bobby, Rey, Bryan, Orton and Big E in a battle royal to determine Brock's Summerslam opponent

No Shane or KO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No Shane or KO

Only losers are allowed championship "opportunities" in WWE

Big Spoiler alert if true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No Shane or KO
    I always wanted to see what Lesnar's reaction would be to an errant punch by Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Two big matches set for Raw...
    Natalya vs Naomi vs Alexa vs Carmella in a fatal four way to determine Becky's Summerslam opponent.

Rollins, Reigns, Corbin, Cesaro, Braun, Bobby, Rey, Bryan, Orton and Big E in a battle royal to determine Brock's Summerslam opponent.
    Isn't Alexa the only heel in that group? And it was Nikki that got pinned. As with any 3 or more person match, the one who doesn't get pinned or submitted always claims they're entitled

I really hope it isn't Orton

• Registered Users Posts: 37,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Reigns for the win

I wonder will it be a screwy finish and it ends up being a multi man match at summerslam for the title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Swiss superman all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Rollins, Reigns, Corbin, Cesaro, Braun, Bobby, Rey, Sami, Orton and Big E
    This is such a dumb list, half the people here recently lost or have done nothing. Hell why is Cesaro there when Black beat him. Why is Corbin there at all or Bobby for that matter? Bryan got swapped out for Sami too.

If that leak is true (I don't think it is)then it seems really short-sighted to put the
    Tag Titles back on New Day
    Normally, I'd be game but when you have such a large roster and we already have a problem with talent not being utilised putting all the accolades on 3 guys seems dopey.
    Even doing this in a battle royale is a bit crap IMO then again Vince hates tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well it was nice while it lasted for Drew.

The Chosen One is done again.

So Bray wants the Demon again.

Really original WWE.

Well Mike is going to be humiliated and jobbed out for next 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Really original WWE.

I’m liking the fact his wrestling in the mask tho

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What a shítshow this women's match is. Like something from 2008 and it's getting loud "This is awful" chants. Alexa has been particularly bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

alexa looks like she has flu or is ill..

I think Katie Taylor has a better accent than Becky and that's saying a lot.

Becky's over acting is annoying as fcuk as well.

Ziggler needs to fcuk off he adds nothing to the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Did Bray Wyatt join Slipknot?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Officer999 wrote: »
    I’m liking the fact his wrestling in the mask tho

I think that was only for the angle. He won’t be wrestling with it normally.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Really original WWE.

Finn has asked for 2 months off after Summerslam so it makes sense to job him out to Bray. Build Bray back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That womens match was so bad, just awful. Don't think there's a match I don't want to watch as much as Lynch/Natalya. Would have liked to see Shayna get called up and built to a big match at Summerslam playing off Becky beating Ronda.

And Lesnar/Rollins again? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Did Bray Wyatt join Slipknot?

He's quoted as saying he wants Unsainted as his walkout song, plus the guy that makes the slipknot masks made Bray's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Alexa tweeted about the crowd for the women's match last night, she called them rude and disrespectful. I can understand her frustrations but I don't think it looks good to complain like that, it's not like others have never gotten the same or even much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Why were the Smackdown lads in a match to face Lesnar, makes no sense to me, apart from making Brock look like the main man, it'll be interesting to see if some Raw lads head over to Smackdown tonight looking to face Kofi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Why were the Smackdown lads in a match to face Lesnar, makes no sense to me, apart from making Brock look like the main man, it'll be interesting to see if some Raw lads head over to Smackdown tonight looking to face Kofi

Brand split has been dead for a while now, if we are honest....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This made me cry...

Bryan Alverez:
    "This person here pointed out yesterday: I listened to your extreme rules review with Vinny and you asked if you had stepped into a time machine. In October of 2017, this was 2 and a half years ago. Brock Lesnar was the Universal Champion, A.J Styles was the United States Champion, The New Day were the Smackdown Tag Team Champions, Shane McMahon was feuding with Kevin Owens and Dolph Ziggler was feuding with the Miz. We are exactly where we were 2 and a half years ago after last night's Extreme Rules."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Same Reason Carmella was in the 4-Way, the brand split is dead. Raw was okay but Summerslam is looking a bit uninteresting right now and certainly like a repeat.
    Natalya always seems to get a title match this time of year, not to mention she was in the title fight in 2017 at Summerslam too, should have been an opportunity to highlight a new female talent but I guess it's in Canada so whatever, don't have her win please.

Finn vs. Bray literally happened at Summerslam two years ago. The fiend is cool and all but hope it's not just going to be Wyatt in the ring as normal, Finn's losing regardless.
    Brock vs. Seth. Not all that invested in this one either just a repeat of Wrestlemania.

Wondering who Kofi is gonna face. Apparently Bryan is making a massive announcement at Smackdown tonight, speculation that he might join with Harper and have a 3-Man stable to take on the New Day could see that being for all the gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Brand split has been dead for a while now, if we are honest....

Thats really my point, just worded it wrong, we had this big huge brand split hoo haa, i think i said at the time, i didnt think a split mattered anymore, but when they done it, i taught they might do a proper job on it but within weeks its dead, guess its to do with the tv companies

Ye're right, the brand split is dead so why have Alexa, Carmella, Natalya and Naomi in a match when you can have Asuka, Kairi, Ember and Charlotte? Even Mandy and Sonya are better options than the four from last night.

Alexa sounds whiny but the person who thought those four should get 25 minutes is the real idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There should only be 1 women's division, I don't care if that's wrong to say because of supposed progress in today's WWE or whatever, but the fact is they do not have the star power to sustain 2 functioning divisions whatsoever

1 proper division that has multiple matches or stories at any given time, they're barely doing 2 atm

Same with the tag division, not enough star power to go around in a proper way

In a proper brand split I'd have the women permanently on Raw, and the tag division on SD

Also, Ricochet's reaction to that Phenomenal Forearm irked me. Doing a flip to sell what is essentially a big jumping punch is self-indulgent nonsense. Even Ziggler would think "too much" to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder why Lacey didn't get in that 4 way since Corbin got another shot.
    So an elimination match now gives everyone a nice long break between each elimination?
    And yet another 2/3 falls match.

Surprised they didn't have a break after each elimination in the Battle Royal.
    And the 2 guys people would've liked to have seen in the title match were the first eliminated in Cesaro and Big E
    And I know I say it every time, but they need a rule to stop people lying outside during a Battle Royal or Royal Rumble. Maybe eliminated after a 10 count.

I know the lack of a brand split has been mentioned, but since he held the IC title, I was sure Finn was a Smackdown guy.

Also found it strange that Drake and Renee were comfortable broadcasting their consummation live to millions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement