Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XV Rugby 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

Despite the margin, the Jags could have won that had they not butchered a couple of certain tries and also tidied up their kicking game. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Former Coach

A lot closer than the scoreline would suggest!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

For the Jags to win they would have needed to be at home, pity - would a neutral venue not be fairer for final - suppose its to do with crowds, and they havnt been great from what i have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

thebaz wrote: »
    For the Jags to win they would have needed to be at home, pity - would a neutral venue not be fairer for final - suppose its to do with crowds, and they havnt been great from what i have seen.

They wouldn't come close to selling out a neutral venue.

Maybe neutral venue in home country for the highest seed, though that would obviously just be a home final for Jaguares.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Squatter wrote:
    Is ROG still doing the Crusaders' laundry or has he moved on to driving the team bus this season?
    He is finished with Crusaders after today and is full time in his new role as head coach of La Rochelle.
    Looking forward to seeing how he does there and how much his time in New Zealand influences his coaching style.

• Advertisement

One other thing about the game today. The lineouts and scrums were great, no messing about and little time lost over them. It was refreshing to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Surely Robertson is given the ABs job now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Matera was outstanding, best player on the pitch imo. Shame that the Jaguares butchered all their try chances, they were well capable of winning that game. A dry night would've made a world of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Interestingly the Jaguares/Pumas will have to play the non-Crusader ABs in 2 weeks, as the Crusader players will be rested.

Would be interesting to see other countries minus their top clubs players e.g. England without Saracens players and Ireland without Leinster players.
    Surely Robertson is given the ABs job now?

I have no clue what stage they are in their decision making process but I'd assume whatever happens in the RWC will have a big effect. If the ABs do the threepeat then Foster may be given the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭bilston

hahashake wrote: »
    Interestingly the Jaguares/Pumas will have to play the non-Crusader ABs in 2 weeks, as the Crusader players will be rested.

Would be interesting to see other countries minus their top clubs players e.g. England without Saracens players and Ireland without Leinster players.

I have no clue what stage they are in their decision making process but I'd assume whatever happens in the RWC will have a big effect. If the ABs do the threepeat then Foster may be given the job.

Must be a real chance for Argentina to make a bit of history in that game.

• Advertisement

They won't win the WC but see Argentina having another good tournament , maybe a final - they play such an attractive rugby , like the French of old, and the French now play like the Pumas of old , dreadful stuff.

thebaz wrote:
    They won't win the WC but see Argentina having another good tournament , maybe a final - they play such an attractive rugby , like the French of old, and the French now play like the Pumas of old , dreadful stuff.
    I wouldn't rule it out. They have ayed together all season and there's a lot to be said for that. Only Sanchez hasn't been there and tbh I think he'll be second string to Bonilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭bilston

thebaz wrote: »

They should finish ahead of France in their pool, the England game will be very tight as well. Either way I think that means Argentina would play either Wales or Australia in the Quarter Finals. It would be a very brave man to call any of those games at the moment.

bilston wrote: »
    They should finish ahead of France in their pool, the England game will be very tight as well. Either way I think that means Argentina would play either Wales or Australia in the Quarter Finals. It would be a very brave man to call any of those games at the moment.

They really are in a tough group - between them and France I'd say - hopefully they get through and decent rugby is the winner - We really did get the softest group, the quaters are where we really will be tested , unless we implode against Scotland

eagle eye wrote: »
    I wouldn't rule it out. They have ayed together all season and there's a lot to be said for that. Only Sanchez hasn't been there and tbh I think he'll be second string to Bonilla.

Not sure about Sanchez's current form but he is an international veteran and in a tight world cup game, that experience could be the difference.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Scott Robinson is the first person ever to win 3 super rugby titles as both player and coach

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Scott Robinson is the first person ever to win 3 super rugby titles as both player and coach

Scott Robertson must be pissed he is only the second person.;)

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Lol...

I was at a wedding yesterday, a bit delicate today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

eagle eye wrote: »

Bonilla's tactical kicking was dire yesterday. Virtually every kick went straight down the throat of a Crusaders defender.

Supposedly Beauden Barrett to the Blues for 4 years, albeit with a season in Japan in 2021. Other rumour is Jordie Barrett to the Crusaders.

Good news for Blues fans as they haven't had a world class 10 since Carlos Spencer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

"hahashake wrote: »
    Other rumour is Jordie Barrett to the Crusaders

Crusaders could sure do with some more outside backs. Real area of weakness there.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Crusaders could sure do with some more outside backs. Real area of weakness there.

He's played at 12 and 13 for Canterbury in the past and Crotty is retiring in Japan so maybe he is targeting the midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Supposedly Beauden Barrett to the Blues for 4 years, albeit with a season in Japan in 2021. Other rumour is Jordie Barrett to the Crusaders.

Good news for Blues fans as they haven't had a world class 10 since Carlos Spencer.

Confirmed now. Break after World Cup and can take another to play in Japan as well. Huge signing for the blues. Any reason he actually left the hurricanes? Haven’t been too informed of super rugby activities in the last year.

Confirmed now. Break after World Cup and can take another to play in Japan as well. Huge signing for the blues. Any reason he actually left the hurricanes? Haven’t been too informed of super rugby activities in the last year.
    To be honest, I've no clue. Presumably the Canes would have offered a similar deal and if it was all about money, he would go overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

To be honest, I've no clue. Presumably the Canes would have offered a similar deal and if it was all about money, he would go overseas.

NZR probably had a hand to play in it, central contract and the option for him to go off and play in Japan until 2021 would've been the sweetener to get him to commit to the ABs for another few years and then go to the blues. I'm not sure they would've stumped up the money to keep him with the Canes.

Guess the question now is Garden-Bachop able to step up and stay fit.

I'd say Richie Mo'unga must be licking his lips at the thought of a year or two having a straight run at the starting AB jersey with a new coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I believe Beauden's wife is from Auckland. Its a great signing for the Blues but by the time he is actually available to play a full season he will probably be overweight and broken.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I believe Beauden's wife is from Auckland. Its a great signing for the Blues but by the time he is actually available to play a full season he will probably be overweight and broken.

Ha! He's only just 28 so will probably be in good nick - injuries permitting.

There are rumours that some players clashed with Plumtree's coaching style which may have been part of the reason for the move.

If Joe Schmidt gets back to coaching in NZ then I'd say him returning to the Blues would be the most likely first move. Which could be a perfect foil to the laissez faire style they have been known for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Beaudy left because of Hannah Laity his now wife . As a poster on another forum said

“She yoko ono’d the hurricanes”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Aka the Robbie Henshaw reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It might be also the NZ union wanting to revive the Blues. No better way than getting a player of his calibre in. It will draw the crowds back and increase revenue.

Advertisement