Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Find some superfans highly annoying and some actually think there important and there egos explode

It's a fair achievement too follow a band around the world but it must get boring and repetitive

42 times over 15 years isn't all that much really. I base some holidays around it and went all over Australia, New Zealand and Canada seeing them too so made it pretty interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,358 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I've seen Springsteen a few times myself over the years and the one thing I will say is he gives value for the price of his ticket.

I tried to get to see him on Broadway last year when I was in the States he was sold out and couldn't afford the tout prices for the tickets that were going for crazy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ooh seeing the original Misfits, I'm envious...

I am not music savvy :o

th?id=OIP.Zhaqk_D4Jvynmv5mVwAeQgHaF7&pid=Api&P=0&w=238&h=191

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thanks a million!

Alexis are my all time favourite band ever, I've seen them live 42 times and usually follow them on their tours. I know Dallas, Chris and Wade pretty well and email back and forth with them a lot so get some cool access to the shows.

Will you do me a favour and ask them why they never play over here ha

Anyone pre order blu rays off Amazon?

Do they deliver to doorstep the day off release or just ship them out on the day of release?

• Advertisement

I've seen Springsteen a few times myself over the years and the one thing I will say is he gives value for the price of his ticket

I tried to get to see him on Broadway last year when I was in the States he was sold out and couldn't afford the tout prices for the tickets that were going for crazy money.

+ 1

There is talks of him touring alone, intimate smaller venues for Western Stars album, any Irish venue he would sell out

PTH2009 take care and rant vent or whatever you need here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,900 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With this Area 51 stuff going around and the planned deff going ahead or being successful tbh

What do u believe is actually there ??

Imo dont think its Aliens or anything that mad. Can't see something that possible in real life. Would love to be proven wrong but no

I just think it's a testing area for the US Military

The fact staff have too stay silent about what they saw in there is interesting ??

About 30 people will turn up for that invasion of Area 51.

Everyone in the know knows the Aliens are in Area 52 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Supposedly it's just a giant storage facility for the military and that's it.

I remember reading that some people think the real freaky stuff is hidden in the NORAD base in Cheyenne Mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

With this Area 51 stuff going around and the planned deff going ahead or being successful tbh

Imo dont think its Aliens or anything that mad. Can't see something that possible in real life. Would love to be proven wrong but no

The fact staff have too stay silent about what they saw in there is interesting ??

Dude, have you watched any of the Bob Lazar stuff? Very interesting.

I'll put it to you this way. Our Milky way has billions of stars. Now, our own sun is a star, and it has 9 planets (Pluto is still a planet to me dammit) revolving around it. One of which is friendly to life. So, if there are billions of stars, each with a complement of planets, in out own galaxy, and there are (as the saying goes), more galaxys than grains of sand on all the beaches in the world, is it not pretty arrogant of the human race to assume that we are the only ones out there?

I do think that the US has some of these vehicles. They've reverse engineered some of the tech, which explains the huge leaps and bounds we've experienced technologically in the past 100 years.

As for aliens, i think myself these "little grey men" are drones. They don't require sustenance, can't reproduce etc. Regardless of the speed that these UFOs can supposidly travel at, the distance between stars is still vast. And not something living beings could endure. It would take literal generations (not even just lifetimes) to travel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

About 30 people will turn up for that invasion of Area 51.

Everyone in the know knows the Aliens are in Area 52 anyway.

That’s what they want you to think..the truth is out there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If anyone is curious about Werewolf, the game you might often see PW posters like Necro or Beakerjoe talking about, the new big monthly game is starting soon and it is the first one I am running.

The Sign up thread is open for another 2 days if anyone is interested in signing up. This month's theme is Batman but you don't need to know much about Batman to play, it is just for flavor.

If your interested in signing up, pop your name down here with a simple "I'm in" or something similar.

Don't worry if you feel like you won't have a clue what's going on at first having not played before, we have all been there and sure that can be a lot of fun too. Think JP Liz was one of the most recent PW posters to give it a try, but there have been loads of people from here in games there, LoughC, LordTSC etc

• Registered Users Posts: 45,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Code for the FPL fantasy football league for the PW forum for anyone interested:

y20jff

New season kicks off in early August.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

WE ARE AREA 52!

If anyone is curious about Werewolf, the game you might often see PW posters like Necro or Beakerjoe talking about, the new big monthly game is starting soon and it is the first one I am running.

The Sign up thread is open for another 2 days if anyone is interested in signing up. This month's theme is Batman but you don't need to know much about Batman to play, it is just for flavor.

If your interested in signing up, pop your name down here with a simple "I'm in" or something similar.

Don't worry if you feel like you won't have a clue what's going on at first having not played before, we have all been there and sure that can be a lot of fun too. Think JP Liz was one of the most recent PW posters to give it a try, but there have been loads of people from here in games there, LoughC, LordTSC etc

I'll give it another go to support you Bounty Hunter

tenor.gif?itemid=12554227

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Even IF there was aliens in Area 51 they are long moved to a different facility loooong before it became famous.

But there was no aliens it’s only a testing facility for government spy planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seeing as things have taken an Alien turn, these seem totally appropriate..

:pac:

With my impending move to the States, it looks like I'll have to sell off my huge wrestling DVD collection (about 3k titles!).

I wonder am I better to sell off in bundles or individually? Have some on ebay at the moment anyway to see. WWE ones worth feck all but my ROH/TNA ones seem like they could fetch decent prices.

Will get a list together and throw on Adverts too I guess.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

With my impending move to the States, it looks like I'll have to sell off my huge wrestling DVD collection (about 3k titles!). I wonder am I better to sell off in bundles or individually? Have some on ebay at the moment anyway to see. WWE ones worth feck all but my ROH/TNA ones seem like they could fetch decent prices. Will get a list together and throw on Adverts too I guess.

SWEET ZOMBIE LINDA that is a lot! Got any pics? Def when u list em put it up on the adverts thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057514832

jaykhunter wrote: »
    SWEET ZOMBIE LINDA that is a lot! Got any pics? Def when u list em put it up on the adverts thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057514832

I'll get some pics up tomorrow for sure and will make sure I add it to that thread. Thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Wonder how anyone, myself included, sticks this forum anymore.
    The moderating is like something out of North Korea. I can see why there's so many former Boardsies that stick to Reddit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wonder how anyone, myself included, sticks this forum anymore.
    The moderating is like something out of North Korea. I can see why there's so many former Boardsies that stick to Reddit.

What are you on about, the moderating in the PW Forum in particular is top notch.

Loughc wrote: »
    What are you on about, the moderating in the PW Forum in particular is top notch.
    I wasn't on about PW, I was pretty much on about everywhere else.
    With that said, I particularly remember a moderator here saying we weren't allowed to talk about a temporarily banned user which is laughable.

Again at a loss at what you mean, the modding on boards in general is fairly relaxed, majority of times when there is intervention it's to stop a thread de-railing or to stop a potential libel issue for boards.ie.

Loughc wrote: »
    Again at a loss at what you mean, the modding on boards in general is fairly relaxed, majority of times when there is intervention it's to stop a thread de-railing or to stop a potential libel issue for boards.ie.
    Okay Mr. Moderator, I'll leave it there so.

You take care now. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've been trying to think of a nice way to say this, but you've changed, kid. I remember chatting with you at OTT events and having great craic with you, but your posts have been getting more and more cynical and painful to read over the last year. You're the same in the Limerick forum. Long story short, it's not Boards.ie - it's you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

With that said, I particularly remember a moderator here saying we weren't allowed to talk about a temporarily banned user which is laughable.

That was me. You can talk away about me know if you like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    That was me. You can talk away about me know if you like :P

Omackeral - formerly the Chris Benoit of boards. Along with, ya know, that other guy....Pervert or something

• Advertisement

There we go I thought it was He who shall not be Named that Gh0st was on about.

Advertisement