Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a job? Gis a job!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any ideas on where yo look for a job for the summer months? Am a student so would be grateful for anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2 floralfever

Leonidas on O Connell Street is looking for temporary staff, sign was put up on Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

just moved limerick last week, anyone know any good papers too look for jobs. didn't see much in the limerick post or leader. I have a bucket load of Bar and waiting experience if anyone knows anywhere looking atm. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

empacher wrote: »
    just moved limerick last week, anyone know any good papers too look for jobs. didn't see much in the limerick post or leader. I have a bucket load of Bar and waiting experience if anyone knows anywhere looking atm. thanks.

Dont know of anyone hiring but you can check out the jobs related to your experience here

http://www.limerickjobs.ie/bars-hotels-restaurants-jobs

Also try fas jobseekers site. Also might be worth your while handing in CVs to places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

empacher wrote: »

There was a sign on the window of Kaya on O'Connell St looking for waiting staff.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Villa05

empacher wrote:

The George hotel are looking for waiters

Keep an eye on punches hotel too for bar/waiting staff. There are a few announcements due

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Golden Spiderweb

May 25 at 10:00am ·

Now Hiring for New Store Opening Soon in Limerick Crescent Shopping Centre.
    Experienced Retail Staff only please.
    Send CV's to info@goldenspiderweb.ie
    www.GoldenSpiderweb.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Anyone see anything out there at the moment? Willing to do minimum wage but my qualifications are in Business management and online marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zderki

Mr.H wrote: »
    Anyone see anything out there at the moment? Willing to do minimum wage but my qualifications are in Business management and online marketing

try at Avvio - Avvio is looking for people for digital marketing team (i can't post a link, just go to avvio.com website and find careers section at "get in touch" menu)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Mr.H wrote: »

Please leave off-topic discussion to the Work Chat thread. This thread is for advertised jobs only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

As indicated on another thread, Starbucks are looking for baristas for their new place in Limerick: http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1468689

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Uber are hiring, in case anyone missed the headline.

Uber to create 150 jobs at Limerick centre this year

I heard of someone getting a call to interview, so they must be starting to harvest CVs through the agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

I know it's Shannon, but the company I'm working for are hiring at the moment.

Pepper Asset Servicing, they deal with mortgage arrrears, so not always the most pleasant of jobs, but an ASU associate starts at €20K with the first two exams towards the QFA paid for. If you pass the exams and probation, pay rises to €25k. Health insurance and pension, monthly incentives, and further education policy (they'll pay for your full QFA).

The company is growing and announced recently a further 50 jobs between Dublin and Shannon.

Any questions just ask.

https://www.peppergroup.ie/pepper-ie/careers/jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

peckerhead wrote:
    I heard of someone getting a call to interview, so they must be starting to harvest CVs through the agencies.

They are using a UK agency afaik. They will employ people initially

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Uber are hiring directly via irishjobs.ie

Decent package by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

kilburn wrote: »
    Uber are hiring directly via irishjobs.ie

Decent package by the looks of it

Depends what you think is decent. Had a call for a job there already. Recruitment agency based in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Mc Love wrote: »
    Depends what you think is decent. Had a call for a job there already. Recruitment agency based in the UK

It's Wilson HCG...they had in-person interviews in Limerick this week. It was a woman from the London Uber office as far as I know

Skintwin wrote: »
    It's Wilson HCG...they had in-person interviews in Limerick this week. It was a woman from the London Uber office as far as I know

Interesting!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Interesting!

The first group are due to start on 24th August...shifts though! And the package is pretty decent, €30,000 a year. Initially employed by Wilson for the 3 month probationary period, and then made permanent with Uber

• Advertisement

Skintwin wrote: »
    The first group are due to start on 24th August...shifts though! And the package is pretty decent, €30,000 a year. Initially employed by Wilson for the 3 month probationary period, and then made permanent with Uber

Thats the call I had with them. Yeah wasnt too impressed with Wilson tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

source wrote: »
    I know it's Shannon, but the company I'm working for are hiring at the moment.

Pepper Asset Servicing, they deal with mortgage arrrears, so not always the most pleasant of jobs, but an ASU associate starts at €20K with the first two exams towards the QFA paid for. If you pass the exams and probation, pay rises to €25k. Health insurance and pension, monthly incentives, and further education policy (they'll pay for your full QFA).

The company is growing and announced recently a further 50 jobs between Dublin and Shannon.

Any questions just ask.

https://www.peppergroup.ie/pepper-ie/careers/jobs

Do you work in ASU? How unpleasant does it get worse case scenario? I don't know if I could handle having my head eaten off me every day. I don't come from a Finance background so how hard are the QFAs and is there lectures or is it self study?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Daenarys wrote: »
    Do you work in ASU? How unpleasant does it get worse case scenario? I don't know if I could handle having my head eaten off me every day. I don't come from a Finance background so how hard are the QFAs and is there lectures or is it self study?

It can be unpleasant at times but then so can all jobs, I'm not in the ASU anymore, I'm now I in a department which is less phone based.

I was very reluctant to go for the job because I didn't think I'd be capable for collections work. The truth is the people we're dealing with in the main know what situation they're in and work with us to try to sort it out. There are however always a few who stick their head in the sand or just are in such a bad position they cannot be helped.

Everything we do is highly regulated so once you stay within those guidelines you're golden.

In order to do the work you have to have a basic financial qualification, an APA in loans (accredited product advisor) this is done through a "boot camp", in house with a lecturer over 4 weeks. It's the loans and regulations exams from the QFA course that you sit to get this qualification.

Once you're out of probation the company will pay for the remaining 4 QFA exams as part of the further education policy.

I had absolutely no financial background when I joined the company, and I've picked it up pretty quick.

It can be challenging, but also rewarding, the ASU relationship managers have a set of accounts to work each month, depending on the client portfolio you're on your targets can be in relation to cash collected, accounts brought out of arrears, etc. So not every person in there is cash driven.

The salary is €20k plus incentives during probation then after the 6 month probation it increases to €25k plus incentives which can be another €450 per month depending on meeting target.

They also do a pension and health insurance, oh and pay day chocolate. They also do soft incentives where you can get something from a bag of sweets up to bottles of wine for helping out with ad hoc tasks or winning the weekly Friday games that every department does.

While it's not for everybody and there can be a bit of pressure from time to time,it can be a great place to work, and can be rewarding in its own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Im looking for a QS to join our Practice in Limerick.

CuddyQS requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a position based in their Limerick office.
    The ideal Candidate will have:
    • Chartered Quantity Surveyor with a BSc. In Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics.
    • Five years post chartership experience.
    • Experience with GCCC contracts with emphasis on Education and Healthcare Projects.
    • Business development skills.
    • PQS background preferable.
    • Experience in leading projects and Cost Reporting.

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/cuddyqs

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Limerick City & County Council advertising for full time fire fighters.
    http://www.limerick.ie/council/current-job-vacancies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭Cartman78

re: Uber Applications -

Has anyone done the 2 hour analytics test yet?

Done a bit of reading online about it and it sounds doable but would be interested for feedback either way :cool:

Cartman78 wrote: »
    re: Uber Applications -

Has anyone done the 2 hour analytics test yet?

Done a bit of reading online about it and it sounds doable but would be interested for feedback either way :cool:

For the CSR jobs (the regular jobs, not managerial) there isn't an analytics test, there's the written exercise (not times done at home)
    If you haven't done the written exercise yet make sure and explain your answers clearly and why you chose to answer that way :) (got through that, fell at the final hurdle :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Bubble café (opposite the Hunt museum) are looking for a chef – saw a notice in their window just now.

This is the place: https://www.facebook.com/bubbleteaparadise.

Edited: a lot of people don't do Facebook, so here's their website: http://bubbleteaparadise.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14 robocon

Daybreak / Top petrol station on the Dock Rd that opened recently are looking for staff. Think it's mainly experienced deli staff they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Hi all

I work for this company but I am not in management.

There are job openings with RGIS

Job Title: Auditor (Stock taker)

Starting Rate: €9.15 per Hour

20 days holiday per year

Job Description

* As an Auditor you would work in stores providing our customers with an accurate stock count.

* Flexible Hours

* No experience necessary, full training will be provided.

* This is a target driven role with the potential for pay increases upon regularly meeting set goals.

* Opportunity for progression into permanent work for suitable candidates

APPLY ONLINE AT

www.rgis.co.uk

This job is not solely based in Limerick. It involves travel to other parts of Munster. A full driving licence is not essential but preferable as drivers are needed.

Thanks again for your interest in RGIS and should you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us on:

Phone: +NO NUMBERS or Email RTS.D741-2@rgis.com

Advertisement