Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remembering Dreams

Options
  • 01-08-2006 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a very heavy sleeper and people are always amazed at how easy I fall asleep. Once my head hits the pillow at night I'm asleep within seconds and I'm very hard to wake up. Some of the things I've slept through would probably wake 95%+ of people.
    The thing is I never ever remember any dreams or any parts of them. I recall reading somewhere a long time ago that the dreams you remember are the ones you have before you go into deep sleep. So I'm guessing that I go into this deep sleep straight off.
    Anyone know how I could remember some of my dreams or even a couple seconds of it? When I wake in the morning I've absolutely no recollection whatsoever. I thought it was because I don't dream but they say everyone dreams!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

i'm the same jester....someone could dance on my head when i'm asleep and i would never know, can't remember the last time i remembered a dream....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Goodshape wrote:

I already had a look at that thread but a notepad and pen would be of no use to me as I wouldn't have anything to write down. I never remember anything after I wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

OP, In my own experience, I seem to remember those dreams I have just prior to waking up. Do you dream just before awakening? Or do you sleep heavily all through the night????

L4L

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I sleep very heavily. I can be very hard to wake, need a very loud alarm clock and even some times that's not enough. I don't remember anything in the morning, first thing I recall is the alarm going off or someone shaking me awake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

jester77 wrote:
    I already had a look at that thread but a notepad and pen would be of no use to me as I wouldn't have anything to write down. I never remember anything after I wake.
    :-/ I really think you could have simply posted your question on the other thread. Maybe you missed these pieces of advice :
    Also, if you find that you remember nothing at all - write down that you remember nothing. The idea is to get into a routine of waking up and writing down.
    It is said if you give yourself a moment before sleeping, that you stop and tell yourself you are going to remember your dreams, that it sometimes works.
    You can do this yoke called a dream Recall. You basically fall asleep telling yourself that when you have a dream, you will wake up, write down all the keywords, and go straight back to sleep. Its like self-hypnosis
    Another good technique, that would work well with writing dreams down afterwards, is to just lie completely still for a few minutes after you wake up. Try not to move at all and just lie there thinking about your dream and more and more of it will start coming back to you in lots of detail. It does seem to work if you move a little to turn off an alarm or something and then get comfortable again, but not if you get up for the toilet or anything like that.

I don't see how your question can be answered without repeating the same suggestions.

Advertisement