Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Cameron326

There seems to be nothing under T&Cs particularly under “Leaving Us” ...hope they don’t lock you into a 5 year contract and then provide terrible network speed?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

It's straight forward to sign up. Your can keep current number or not.

7.8 We may amend or vary the Charges. In the event that Charges are varied to a material extent clause 2.7 shall apply.

It's a good deal and it they decide to increase charges you can always give them 30 day's notice and opt out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

statto25 wrote: »
    I dropped into my local Eir store....hadnt a clue what I was on about!!!

They are only using the Eir network its nothing to do with Eir ,the thread title should really be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ULMarc

It's not a pre-pay plan, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Would I need to unlock my phone or no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

That's normally what happens when you deal with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

kneemos wrote: »
    Would I need to unlock my phone or no?

Yes if it hasnt already been unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

They are only using the Eir network its nothing to do with Eir ,the thread title should really be changed.

Its owned by EIR

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/news/new-gomo-mobile-operator-launches-in-ireland-38596539.html

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ULMarc

They're owned by eircom. A 'virtual' mobile operator is a reseller of mobile services. In this case it's an eircom owned company reselling Eir's service. I've seen it done in other countries as a way for operators to create divergence between themselves and a lower cost offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Looks similar to Eirs current 9.99 sim only deal except it isn't only for 6 months, and from the looks of it there's no eir sports access either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Just signed up and switching from Three.

Does it matter when the switch over happens in terms of billing? I'm on a 30 day sim only contract plan currently.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Cameron326 wrote: »
    There seems to be nothing under T&Cs particularly under “Leaving Us” ...hope they don’t lock you into a 5 year contract and then provide terrible network speed?

2.3 The SIM Only Service is subject to a minimum contract term of 30 days (the “SIM Only Service Minimum Period”). The Agreement will continue for at least the SIM Only Service Minimum Period although you may cancel the SIM Only Service before the SIM Only Service Minimum Period in accordance with clause 2.5.

2.4 The Agreement and the SIM Only Service may be terminated by you or by us on the giving of thirty (30) days’ notice to the other in accordance with clause 14. Where you issue a termination notice to us, the termination will take effect from the next billing date for the Charges after the cancellation notice that has been issued by you. In the event that we do not receive thirty (30) days’ notice from you in accordance with clause 14, you acknowledge that you may be liable to pay us a termination charge amounting to one month’s Charges.

Just ordered this, thanks OP, here's hoping its a good service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Thank God for that!
    Won't have to deal with their support so!

EDIT: I see they are owned by eir but they won't be using the eir 'support' infrastructure.
    Basic web based support.

"There is also bare bones customer service in place, with web chat the main avenue. There are no stores and Eir’s main customer service channels will not support the service."

therefore, I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

manlad wrote: »
    ULMarc wrote: »
    They're owned by eircom. A 'virtual' mobile operator is a reseller of mobile services. In this case it's an eircom owned company reselling Eir's service. I've seen it done in other countries as a way for operators to create divergence between themselves and a lower cost offering.

My mistake,i thought it was just a new company piggybacking on their network.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I’m in.

Website is definitely getting creamed but managed to set a port date and time for my number to maximise the credit I have left for Vodafone X and the SIM is ordered.

It’s a cracking deal and can always go back to Vodafone X if needed (and get another 6 months free for Spotify)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Done and Done, thanks OP. :)

Limpy wrote: »
    2.3 The SIM Only Service is subject to a minimum contract term of 30 days (the “SIM Only Service Minimum Period”). The Agreement will continue for at least the SIM Only Service Minimum Period although you may cancel the SIM Only Service before the SIM Only Service Minimum Period in accordance with clause 2.5.

2.4 The Agreement and the SIM Only Service may be terminated by you or by us on the giving of thirty (30) days’ notice to the other in accordance with clause 14. Where you issue a termination notice to us, the termination will take effect from the next billing date for the Charges after the cancellation notice that has been issued by you. In the event that we do not receive thirty (30) days’ notice from you in accordance with clause 14, you acknowledge that you may be liable to pay us a termination charge amounting to one month’s Charges.

Thanks, but that makes it sounds like they will increase prices after, say, 3-6 months after they've got us all on board. Did sound too good to be true...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I also signed up! Thank you OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

This is a really great offer! Signed us both up there. I'm still in contract with VF for a another few months, but it's well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Cameron326 wrote: »
    Thanks, but that makes it sounds like they will increase prices after, say, 3-6 months after they've got us all on board. Did sound too good to be true...

*Never* believe any lifetime offers from anyone.;)
    It's so easy to port back and forth so it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Be careful, just onto these guys on chat. You are billed monthly and you now pay the 9.99 for the rest of October but you don't actually get a month of service!

"at with GoMo

Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.

You

[1:14:04 PM]

Hi

You

[1:14:18 PM]

If I give my move date for a week ahead, is that when my month will start?

Representative Ben has joined the session

Ben

[1:15:20 PM]

Hey! Thanks for getting in touch. My name is Ben. How can I help?

You

[1:15:34 PM]

Please see message above

Ben

[1:15:38 PM]

Your bill will generate on the 1st of the month and we will request payment from your card on the 8th of the month. You can pay manually via MyGoMo during this time if you wish.

You

[1:16:32 PM]

So if I sign up now and move my number next week, I won't be charged until next month?

Ben

[1:17:18 PM]

You will have to pay for the month of October.

You

[1:17:46 PM]

But a month isn't left?

You

[1:18:04 PM]

So I am paying 9.99 for less than a month?

Ben

[1:18:34 PM]

Yes, as your service is billed on a monthly period and you pay in advance, you are charged €9.99 per month regardless of what day you join.

You

[1:20:16 PM]

But should I not be billed per month as from when I sign up at least?

Ben

[1:20:36 PM]

We're sorry. All of our customer bills come on the same day. We're not able to change anyone's bill date unfortunately

"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They want my ID?

F**k that.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    *Never* believe any lifetime offers from anyone.;)
    It's so easy to port back and forth so it's a no brainer.

Fair enough, but I would have thought '9.99 for life' when its actually '9.99 for between one month-life' is pushing even loose advertising standards a bit surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Yeah they're doing their best to detach from Eir's sales and support infrastructure. Cheaper to run that way and easier to sell on in a few years that way. What eMobile should have been.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Straight up what i need and signed up for it.

Now how to get rid of €50 in existing call credit at Three....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Can't seem to switch, lets me choose a date but not a time and won't progress without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

4G speed throttling and coverage would be my concern

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

People should sign up on the 1st November then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's to deter criminals / scammers signing up.
    It's nothing to do with criminals/scammers, it's data harvesting at it's worst.

It would also deter a lot of legit folk that don't want their details shared everywhere.

GoMo Privacy Policy:
    How long do you keep my data?
    This depends on the type of data and how we use it. Our goal is to ensure we can provide you with our products and services, that we manage your relationship with us and that we can meet certain statutory obligations.

Third parties
    We’re serious about protecting your data. We only share it with trusted third parties who provide, improve and protect our services.

You want to understand who we share your data with and why we share it.
    You can be confident that we protect your data and only share it with trusted third parties.

What Third Parties Do you Share My Data With?
    There are a number of reasons why we would share your data with third parties. Be assured your data will only ever be shared with third parties that we trust explicitly.
    Here is a list of instances in which we share your data, and the third parties to whom we share it with.

How do third parties use my data?
    They will use your data to provide a more efficient service to you on behalf of GoMo. In the case of law enforcement, they may use the data to protect you, or if the data is pertinent to an investigation.

What is credit insights?
    Credit Insights is a database service available to the Irish telecommunications providers participating in the Credit Insights initiative. The database contains some details of individuals who have not paid their bills with the participating telecommunication providers and have been in arrears for a minimum of 90 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement