Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Is that a wagon? Love those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Is that a wagon? Love those

Ye it's a sw. 1.8ts currently powered by a broken 1.6ts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Interslice wrote: »
    Ye it's a sw. 1.8ts currently powered by a broken 1.6ts...

Is the new engine broken? Those 1.6 twinsparks are a pretty reliable unit in my experience!

Edit: just saw your post in the chat thread dude...sorry to hear that. I'm on my second engine in my 156 and that's running 180k miles so with care and attention they can handle the miles.

The problem is most of them never got looked after. Sorry to hear of your bad luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

166man wrote: »
    Is the new engine broken? Those 1.6 twinsparks are a pretty reliable unit in my experience!

Edit: just saw your post in the chat thread dude...sorry to hear that. I'm on my second engine in my 156 and that's running 180k miles so with care and attention they can handle the miles.

The problem is most of them never got looked after. Sorry to hear of your bad luck.

Thanks man, I found the engine swap difficult enough so hopefully the crank in this one is OK. It currently sets me back 1 euro /mile. Hopefully I can improve on that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

My latest fixerupper shined up a bit

dUzouVbh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

@colm_mcm: Cleaned out the interior but no pics of the interior. :pac:

@Noccy Mondy: In MK3 VW's there are no bolts holding the seats in. You just need pliers or something to remove little metal piece which keeps the seat from sliding all the way out. Also there are no airbag sensors there so on a car like that, it's extremely easy.

@YbFocus: Thank Jesus, finally we got Astra pics. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

GvidoR wrote:
    @Noccy Mondy: In MK3 VW's there are no bolts holding the seats in. You just need pliers or something to remove little metal piece which keeps the seat from sliding all the way out. Also there are no airbag sensors there so on a car like that, it's extremely easy.

I took out 1 bolt this evening in the focus, and got lazy, so put it back in. I wasn't in the cleaning mood! They're torx t50 in the focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

Seems a lot of people made use of the good weather over the weekend to clean their cars. Mine got a good clean too as it was the first time since last September it was properly done (got a quick wash for the NCT in the middle of Jan).

Had to wash the alloys a few times and spray them with alloy cleaner to get them clean.

No pics but I'd forgotten how good it looks shiny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Powery panties always makes me smile :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Right so, she got the long overdue wash!

1458681209.6003.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice bus. Not sure about the wheels though. Are they off an X5?

Yeah, pretty sure they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Nice bus. Not sure about the wheels though. Are they off an X5?

X5 tiger claws. I bought the car with them on it with the intent of changing them to a suitable set of 18" bbs...but they're after growing on me lately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

5yrxbs.jpg

Last day with the Mondeo today. Have had it for 6 weeks and 16k km. Have actually done over 42k km in two of these cars over three months at this stage and I must say that Ford have done a damn good job with this one.

Ecoboost 2.0T engine is a peach, interior is very impressive and it's very smooth and comfortable. I had a Passat and an Optima before this and neither can come close to how well this thing drives. Downsides are that auto box is a bit dimwitred sometimes and it wasn't exactly handy on juice but that's probably my fault :D

Subjectively I think it looks great too. All in all a great effort from Ford, if I was back in Ireland it'd be up there on the top of the list of the re-mobiles!

Edit: Meant to say I even had it washed this evening that's how much I like it! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Not mine, my workmates dc2 I photographed.
    Crazy clean car!

RDOieRh.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

This was mine for 2 days cruising around Italy 2 weeks back. Absolutely great craic in the mountains but couldn't live with it full time, shocking lack of visibility. Definitely pays to fill in the "Additional Comments" section on the Hertz booking form. ;)

lnM7pptV7Ses64iIqehUI5zD-NGVq0DIr9KokPu0E5drkLyRKhetdk1eKZpQzpZawMrI9ORjgVeJRifMVN9cvMgPnyjVe9RbiS95-BUoHPOeIMmIh6QzHDewh5LR_EsHLpS2lhdr94g6CCsA4udx5oqhDyNQ75H64RUBNY76YHh4YpA0LPSZY4JoKziNwwN5k2RXHu7826OMw-5sVBfxPw9M-De1TVKPz6z06slSmc8B0ua1TC3cxi-zahNVHAKkKKrkVgjZRkxalLx_10Fz5icS5JsoX5W5UFdUsJMyhxWtYi1418_aB-JR7js_PPRighJ0G_ZyN5AmuiIsdp_KszP_1-wpAmFUPIjpdS6DVkw-3qT448y91MRutLexV51o4UAsNC4Dur2henzuo8XWhxgtBJiIbIfPw4EHHwtTn_8TCg7ThKjie894PqsQ__75vhmR_tKv_9BVTkEnphGGGJxzzQOT9KMCVFLsswB-pK68LIP55ZwwNmNR5G7m5vYJ3nehFjkwCU6cREjXlwbt_LuMN7nAg3WTRjjV1z25p2B9svuRontzyWJiDJYngsW6ymwDpA=w538-h955-k-no

o2pyUouRuVmlUrvjq7upTajymTvTpk4tvlCHoXoQufPVfwT2J42HL7QsVGofiif7BfgWi0Xqb4fBcVklCkIRZwO6I-yOyviQn_yF1v5WbyCo0mowTmsvVCy9nR88VxkjbD1E5YbVi2upKt-T9l11Ot5ijidh6-UOPBWOz8GEEh1OeHrKz-TOExOx1j2NRaWuJKRnW4rGtzGj9HrmrM4lbhrmAfs6TV1Oi0U3t9GHczwLZMdTALEbBTRy9P8d_dCiW8B8V7fAylzmXIuD3qa4gGu9uKR4YD4lI3A2ubqlIzGtMXhDqoovscWvjMmJFqCf8u49S9ATyODpU4hGdb5vgwQhZzymmWx3DRR5NilNEK5kpF20BxKd1rprlGu7oKLxd3qSiGLAQhvSk7tBYuyCa4yQGjwBWBD1_7mD2PXs1xdTznJDhwu-GB8SYi8TsjZP3F0Tcv08cv-KZ3lkwTZHDju2fpq-xvUrymQ1wGyWHFTzT75fcMe7gyuELmpTEBSMK3Y4lcDoVaGV1Xb4gF1Exq-pBZbzILDVrmHIp-yYPPuwiQBXwf9xV471CDd_QLgBz7YV9w=s955-no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

. Definitely pays to fill in the "Additional Comments" section on the Hertz booking form. ;)]

I was varry VARRY drunk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Ronald Wilson Reagan

cadillac_02-clanok.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

IMG_20160324_082303_zpsske4sghl.jpg

Your shrubs are looking very green for this time of year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Bought this Saab 9-3 today for 250e. 2.0 Turbo but it's an automatic. It has an "R" engine code so is about 200 bhp. Only 91k miles. Good bang for €€€.

Saab%2093_zpszuzzip0o.png

25743893420_ab7cb00684_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Your shrubs are looking very green for this time of year!
    Cork shrubs are better shrubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Went to dealz, (spent €5.96) bought 2 cans of primer and 2 cans of black paint....

blackend the headlights :)

[IMG][/img]D4F08216-0F48-46A8-B4AB-644DB5D3BC42_zps11mmjrnj.png

[IMG][/img]043941FF-2D26-48FE-8B0A-CED39E1327D9_zpsjchwfzba.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

After a couple of days detailing and a ceramic coating.

20160325_103052_zpshnof6nvv.jpg
    20160325_110242_zpslpnhpdpx.jpg

The latest fixxerupper. Although it doesn't need a huge amount done to it.

LZ9gXti.jpg

Initially I'd no notion of it but after driving it around for a bit I was half thinking of keeping this and selling my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

TTE spoiler? :eek:

==========

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd avoid solid red from toyota - the worst colour in terms of reliability.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056997822

The auld fella has a new fiesta again I see!

That Corolla looks great. Funnily enough, the other day I was wondering where nd has disappeared.

• Advertisement

The auld fella has a new fiesta again I see!

haha yeah, the most boring man in Ireland.

having said that, I'd no intention of ever changing my car, until I took a bit of a shine to the same car in a different colour. And I'll still almost certainly keep my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

nd wrote: »
    [...] And I'll still almost certainly keep my own.

Your green one looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better! Kneel_Suckers.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Few recentish pics of the focus with zetec grill and wind deflectors. And the POXY nearside dent that's on every focus quarter panel. Women drivers :rolleyes: Serviced(inc. diesel filter) new battery, new glow plugs, runs sweet as a nut :)

12822876_10154044924589759_1628956211_o.jpg

938761_10154044924574759_242106187_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

:mad: men can be as bad

Autosport wrote: »
    :mad: men can be as bad

Haha theres always one :P To be fair the focus mirrors are awful for trying to see the full side of the car. Honestly I could reverse the van into spaces in 1 go whereas I'd need to be double checking in the focus just because of the mirrors :mad:

NickDunne wrote:
    Haha theres always one To be fair the focus mirrors are awful for trying to see the full side of the car. Honestly I could reverse the van into spaces in 1 go whereas I'd need to be double checking in the focus just because of the mirrors

Mondeo is very deceiving in that way too. Very slopey boot on it, you'd think you're literally reversed up against something, when in fact there could be a 2 foot gap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

NickDunne wrote: »
    Few recentish pics of the focus with zetec grill and wind deflectors. And the POXY nearside dent that's on every focus quarter panel. Women drivers :rolleyes: Serviced(inc. diesel filter) new battery, new glow plugs, runs sweet as a nut :)

Were you parked beside a silver Focus in Kilcock yesterday? Car stood out as it was far cleaner than anything else in the car park!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

joujoujou wrote: »
    TTE spoiler? :eek:

==========

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd avoid solid red from toyota - the worst colour in terms of reliability.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056997822

Different red though, it's the solar red on the avensis that's flakey. The red on the Corolla is the same as on the aygo/mk1 mk2 Yaris/celica/mr2 etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I must admit the colour is really nice on that Focus. I'm on my first silver car and I absolutely hate it. It looks dull especially when dirty.

I actually think you need to wash the silver more just to have a visible shine because otherwise it looks like concrete...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

shietpilot wrote: »
    I must admit the colour is really nice on that Focus. I'm on my first silver car and I absolutely hate it. It looks dull especially when dirty.

I actually think you need to wash the silver more just to have a visible shine because otherwise it looks like concrete...

A good Polish and decent wax males all the difference to a Silver car, it's actually a great color!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

A good Polish and decent wax males all the difference to a Silver car, it's actually a great color!

Yeah it's due a polish and wax some day once the weather is a bit better. What's really annoying me is that there is a piece of soil inside the headlight housing :pac: No idea how it got there though. I will need to remove the headlight and give it a good shake upside down :D

• Advertisement

A good Polish and decent wax males

You filthy bugger!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Surfs up, think I enjoyed the blast in the car more than the ice cream headaches.

29qiaeh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dirty Saturday. Still had no chance to wash it lol.
    DSC_1183_zpsiaj7s9hp.jpg

Were you parked beside a silver Focus in Kilcock yesterday? Car stood out as it was far cleaner than anything else in the car park!

Haha thanks, Spot on! Black mondeo next to that again, couldn't resist leaving it there :D

Haha thanks, Spot on! Black mondeo next to that again, couldn't resist leaving it there :D

Mr Pigeon sees all :D

Mr Pigeon sees all :D

I was going to say you absolute stalker :pac: I've only 1 pic of it up before yesterday so it must have stood out :P Autoglym's finest

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

pnLMT99Bj

Up the Wicklow Mountains for an Easter Sunday blast:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Finally got the Yaris interior cleaned up. There's clearly 160k of wear and tear, particularly on the carpet :pac: but it's so nice to see it clean. This little car is really turning around. Have oil and a new filter to do tomorrow then will probably retest it next week. It's really growing on me tbh.

IMG_20160326_174118.jpg
    IMG_20160326_174150.jpg
    IMG_20160326_174159.jpg

Set of fitted mats, what wear and tear? :D That's if you're keeping it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

This is it, will get a set of cheap mats and a quick run of the wet vac over the seats...

Such a good feeling to save a car like that, to me.

€350 for the car
    €350 to the panel beater for welding the sills and taking out a few dents
    €50 for the initial NCT
    €75 for new drop links, oil and filter and front grille

Will get 2 part worns for the front and NCT it again, then just like you say a tidy set of mats. Should have a minty fresh little Yaris for just under €1k.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement