Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No, once they're an A3, they can't go back. A4 is designed to be a novices category. Even if you take a few years off, you'll still go back on an A3 licence unless you can convince them otherwise.

Why would you even want to go back to A4 though?

Jesus I'd love to go back to A4 and will hopefully appeal to CI next renewal due to a few circumstances, fat and old being 2!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

dahat wrote: »
    Jesus I'd love to go back to A4 and will hopefully appeal to CI next renewal due to a few circumstances, fat and old being 2!!!!

Don't forget to mention that you need stabilisers due to the falls you are having and you don't think they are allowed in A3. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Don't forget to mention that you need stabilisers due to the falls you are having and you don't think they are allowed in A3. :pac:

Valid point unfortunately at this point in time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

You're crazy. I get butchered against the A1's but there's no way I'd go back to A3.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's racing lads. It's meant to be hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

after beating with a hammer finally got my old look pedall off after heating with a hot air until i couldnt touch it then finally got the crack and unscrewed it now to get Chain reaction to take back 14 month old keo blades that have the front cleat holding section worn/ btoken away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,213 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

07Lapierre wrote: »

Funny how the mods over in motors will protect him as much as possible. Some of them seem very down with speeding too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ED E wrote: »
    Funny how the mods over in motors will protect him as much as possible. Some of them seem very down with speeding too.

There is no point in even discussing it when someone has such an entrenched view as they will just end up getting everyone carded by dragging you down to their IQ level.

He didn't slow, didn't indicate, didn't even give space. The idea that this was Ok because he done it at a junction is crazy.

it is a pity we don't have more resources for Gardai to persue this sh1t. Own goal admitting such poor driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

To be fair to the other users, that post hasn't been thanked once, I don't see anybody condoning his driving either, with two motors regulars actually saying he's in the wrong. No need to pick a fight where there isn't one.

• Advertisement

To be fair to the other users, that post hasn't been thanked once, I don't see anybody condoning his driving either, with two motors regulars actually saying he's in the wrong. No need to pick a fight where there isn't one.

I was referring to the poster, Unless he stole it from someone else and is really sarcastic (and to be fair, it reads really sarcastically, I never seen any of the follow up). Never seen an issue with the mods over there, pretty balanced and not tolerant of much BS.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

It's pretty disappointing that they haven't allowed any discussion or criticism of the video though, deleting them all. I know they want to avoid a cyclist/motorist debate, but nothing wrong with calling the poster out for being completely wrong and a dangerous prick, which they very obviously are. Pity you couldn't pass that kind of thing onto Trafficwatch, the poster can't see what they did wrong, which, given the videos is a lethal attitude to have on the roads.

ETA they did allow two posts, I take that back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

nee wrote: »
    It's pretty disappointing that they haven't allowed any discussion or criticism of the video though, deleting them all. I know they want to avoid a cyclist/motorist debate, but nothing wrong with calling the poster out for being completely wrong and a dangerous prick, which they very obviously are. Pity you couldn't pass that kind of thing onto Trafficwatch, the poster can't see what they did wrong, which, given the videos is a lethal attitude to have on the roads.
    There's a post there from tossy calling it out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they did leave up a couple of critical posts on it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

After some bannings, myself included, on the grounds that I was dragging it into a cyclist vs motorist debate.

In all honesty seeing that video and his posts I think that clown has dash cams for occasions like that and not for what they are intended. Seriously dangerous individual who should not be on a flicker scooter let alone driving a car.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There's a post there from tossy calling it out.

Now Boards Post of the Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Now Boards Post of the Day.

Don't be silly, POTD has been fixed since 2010:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67493257

For us using the old theme

In all honesty seeing that video and his posts I think that clown has dash cams for occasions like that and not for what they are intended. Seriously dangerous individual who should not be on a flicker scooter let alone driving a car.

Removed from youtube, I would say someone pointed out to him that his behaviour could land him in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

in fairness to the motoring mods, that thread dissolves into anarchy anytime there's a cyclist v motorist discussion. I think pretty much everyone on the thread called him out on his shïtty driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Kinda don't want to ruin this perfect symmetrical stat for the month by cycling againot this month...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

P_1 wrote: »
    Kinda don't want to ruin this perfect symmetrical stat for the month by cycling againot this month...

I'm 16 short of 1000 km for May and my body has decided to fight me by getting a head cold, sore throat and cough the last 2 days. That's annoying

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's been some pothole filling inbound on the roack road at blackrock college. and a decent enough job too, for now.

also, something i'd not spotted before. at one point on the way home, i was in a bike lane moving past stopped traffic, and spotted that on a prius, there seemed to be an icon of a pedestrian and cyclist which lit up orange on the passenger side wing mirror as i passed. that's quite nifty, assuming that's what i saw?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

Rickshaw's to be banned.

I wonder how they will distinguish between rickshaws and e.g. parents carrying children in a bike trailer. Presumably "for commercial gain" or some such language - which may in turn make it difficult to prove any prosecution. Good luck getting a tourist to turn up in court to give evidence that they had paid or promised to pay the rickshaw driver for the lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

there's been some pothole filling inbound on the roack road at blackrock college. and a decent enough job too, for now.

also, something i'd not spotted before. at one point on the way home, i was in a bike lane moving past stopped traffic, and spotted that on a prius, there seemed to be an icon of a pedestrian and cyclist which lit up orange on the passenger side wing mirror as i passed. that's quite nifty, assuming that's what i saw?

Blind spot monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Weepsie wrote: »
    head cold, sore throat and cough the last 2 days. That's annoying

I have this too but the evenings are so nice I decided to see if I could sweat it out. No dice - I'm no climber but I struggled on modest slopes that I usually manage and the cold is no better.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Fian wrote: »
    Rickshaw's to be banned.

Where are we going to buy our drugs now, Shane?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

nee wrote: »

ETA they did allow two posts, I take that back!

What happens when a mod questions a mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

P_1 wrote: »
    Speaking of weird stats, I glanced down at my elevation total during a mundane ride a few months ago as it clicked over to 666m - just as I was passing Beasty's lair. :pac:

• Advertisement

bp_me wrote: »
    Blind spot monitor.
    just struck as such an obvious thing in hindsight, with the reversing radars so many modern cars have, why only enable it while the car is reversing (which is the way it works on mine)

Advertisement