Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller Wedding - Breaking Tenancy & Covid Rules

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,371 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    If you insist that I hold your hand here then I suggest that you google Gardai investigate house party during lockdown. You will find larger parties than the traveller one. But then I don't think you really want to see reports of white Irish settled people doing this. It doesn't suit some people's narrative

Parties?

You made claims about weddings and christenings etc...

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I wonder will the revellers still get the opportunity to be revellers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Odelay

Don't be lazy. Do your own homework. It was a bumper year last year for marquees, wedding, communions, confirmations, birthdays. There was a case only in the last few weeks. Female politician & a large party. Wicklow if memory serves

You can’t go out an spew some nonsense and then tell people to back it up with their own research. You’re the one listing it as fact, you need to show the evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If you insist that I hold your hand here then I suggest that you google Gardai investigate house party during lockdown. You will find larger parties than the traveller one. But then I don't think you really want to see reports of white Irish settled people doing this. It doesn't suit some people's narrative

I asked you to link weddings .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Are you sure?

Link broken :eek:

Saved you 30 seconds

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0512/1221174-wedding-marquee-court/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

nullzero wrote: »
    Parties?

You made claims about weddings and christenings etc...

weddings and christenings etc are parties. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Delighted, lawless idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

iamwhoiam wrote: »

This poster reminds me of stories of Amazon asking for proof that an item never arrived, he spouts out rubbish and then asks that you prove him wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

You do know that last summer there were 100s of weddings like this & even bigger involving settled Irish people?

No there was not. A lot were cancelled. Any that I knew that went ahead adhered to limits. We were supposed to be invited to a wedding last August but I be numbers were reduced substantially to back below the permitted limit. I know of a good few wedding that have started to take place over the last 2-4 months as people now realize it will be a few years before big wedding events happen again. They have all been very small affairs.

Slava Ukrainii

Just to be clear, the traveller wedding didn't happen in the tent. A party happened in the tent. Wedding was held elsewhere earlier in the day & follower covid regulations it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Why was a large garda presence required?

You ever get a schlap of slashook while taking down a marquee?

OK, here's you post referencing parties, or to be specific, house parties;

"If you insist that I hold your hand here then I suggest that you google Gardai investigate house party during lockdown. You will find larger parties than the traveller one. But then I don't think you really want to see reports of white Irish settled people doing this. It doesn't suit some people's narrative"

:pac: :pac: :pac:

House parties. Not Wedding parties or christening parties. House parties.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

wes wrote: »
    Ireland doesn't have a left wing government..... and in fact never has.

Its left wing policies, implemented by the government because of pressure from left group's.

No there was not. A lot were cancelled. Any that I knew that went ahead adhered to limits. We were supposed to be invited to a wedding last August but I be numbers were reduced substantially to back below the permitted limit. I know of a good few wedding that have started to take place over the last 2-4 months as people now realize it will be a few years before big wedding events happen again. They have all been very small affairs.

100s happened in Dublin alone. How do you suppose we went from almost zero cases to fastest growing rate in the world? This didn't happen by socoial distancing. Plenty of funeral afters too in Dublin with well over 100

• Registered Users Posts: 25,705 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You are the one making claims so you find the links

Well there's this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oireachtas_Golf_Society_scandal

For starters

100s happened in Dublin alone. How do you suppose we went from almost zero cases to fastest growing rate in the world? This didn't happen by socoial distancing. Plenty of funeral afters too in Dublin with well over 100

Again. Links.

There are plenty of reasons the case numbers went up. What you're saying simply isn't true.

Glazers Out!

The marquee is being dismantled under the watchful eye of the Gardai. https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/leopardstown-wedding-marquee-gardai-live-20581606

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Odelay

That happened when pubs and GAA clubs reopened. Were you out of the country then?

The couple got married in Northern Ireland where there are no restrictions on the number of people attending weddings, but receptions are not allowed. Hence the marquee.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Afaik this still stands. Fines or costs are pointless.
    If legislation providing for the deduction of unpaid court fines from social welfare were to include a similar safeguard, any deduction from a person receiving a primary payment of €188 could not result in the person’s payment falling below €186, which is the relevant rate of Supplementary Welfare Allowance. In the case of a person who fails to pay a court fine of €300, only €2 per week could be deducted from the person’s weekly payment, and it would therefore take 150 weeks or almost three years to recover the unpaid fine. From an economic perspective, the administrative costs involved in collecting fines using such a process may outweigh the benefits of collecting the fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

The whine of the father of the groom, "I know the consequences etc. but they have nowhere else to go". Ahem wedding receptions for EVERYONE are max 15 guests OUTDOORS and 6 indoors, no big receptions for anyone at the moment. The sense of entitlement is staggering from the Travellers.

Thousands of couples (including myself and my Fiancé) have either postponed or else changed to a small wedding.
    It doesn’t matter who you are you don’t deserve special treatment over others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

It's to stop all the settled people from dumping their rubbish.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Very glad to see strong Gardai numbers in attendance.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dublin-wedding-marquee-ordered-taken-24094287

The organisers really are giving everyone else two fingers in doing this.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Busy dismantling the decoy while the revellers arrive unhindered to the main venue; at an undisclosed location :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,310 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Take a wild guess.

At least you’ve pretty much admitted you’re full of it now.

“ You do know that last summer there were 100s of weddings like this & even bigger involving settled Irish people?”

bUt WeDdInGs and cHrIsTeNiNgS are parties....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Very glad to see strong Gardai numbers in attendance.

Spetsnaz, Seal team 6 and the SAS due by 19:00

Did someone get married at that?

Also, 81<100s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭biddyearley

I don't know what proportion of Travellers behave in an anti-social manner, but in relation to their numbers it seems to be out of all reasonable proportion.

Since the pandemic began, I have seen multiple Travellers without masks in shops,supermarkets, walking the streets in large groups. I passed a funeral on Easter Sunday and I would estimate there were 200 with no social distancing or masks. This would seem to be common behavior.Add to this the illegal encampments with attendant littering, and I wonder why the authorities once and for all do not say enough is enough and disband encampments, and fine or jail the guilty. It must be soul destroying for those law-abiding Travellers to be tainted because of the behavior of the lawbreakers.

Revenue and CAB and local authorities must ask where the unexplained wealth comes from.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    OK, here's you post referencing parties, or to be specific, house parties;

"If you insist that I hold your hand here then I suggest that you google Gardai investigate house party during lockdown. You will find larger parties than the traveller one. But then I don't think you really want to see reports of white Irish settled people doing this. It doesn't suit some people's narrative"

:pac: :pac: :pac:

House parties. Not Wedding parties or christening parties. House parties.

A party is a party.
    Doesn't matter what kind!

Advertisement