Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OH just broke my favourite mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Antares35 wrote: »
    My cat is due in UCD next week for surgery and they originally quoted 800-900 euro. Now suddenly it's 1500. Wtf? How? How does a price just jump 700 euro? And when I queried it, I was made to feel like a cheapo skinflint who doesn't want what's best for her. Where do they expect people to just magic together the extra money? What if I was on the PUP for example?

TA gougers

I blame the insurance companies, those that have pet insurance don't mind what's charged.

I was quoted 1500 for an MRI for one of the dogs. In fairness the vet didn't expect me to take because it's mainly old age that's at her (14)

Seven Worlds will Collide

I blame the insurance companies, those that have pet insurance don't mind what's charged.

I was quoted 1500 for an MRI for one of the dogs. In fairness the vet didn't expect me to take because it's mainly old age that's at her (14)

Good point. I don't even mind paying, I'd do anything for her. It's just the shifting goalposts I hate. And there always seems to be additional tests that cost a fortune. Poor cat has been tested within an inch of her life for everything to make sure she's a candidate for surgery, yet they still want to do more "ruling out" tests, even though we know what's wrong with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Our road is lined with cherry blossoms, including one in my parents' garden that's been there since the houses were built in the 50s.

The next door neighbours keep sweeping up all the petals from their (entirely paved) front garden and dumping them outside our front wall.

A) how petty can you get?

B) there's another 4 or 5 trees within a 50 metre vicinity of their garden

C) it's an exercise in utter futility, it's like a constant pink blizzard for these few weeks every year

Eejits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Our road is lined with cherry blossoms, including one in my parents' garden that's been there since the houses were built in the 50s.

The next door neighbours keep sweeping up all the petals from their (entirely paved) front garden and dumping them outside our front wall.

C) it's an exercise in utter futility, it's like a constant pink blizzard for these few weeks every year

Eejits.

Hmmm that sounds very familiar I wonder if you live near me.
    On a similar road in a similar situation a person who lives near me received a text from their neighbour asking could they stop their cherry blossom tree from shedding into the neighbours garden as the colour was transferring onto their kids clothes :pac:
    Please tell me it is the same situation as surely there cannot be 2 similar nutcases around

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hmmm that sounds very familiar I wonder if you live near me.
    On a similar road in a similar situation a person who lives near me received a text from their neighbour asking could they stop their cherry blossom tree from shedding into the neighbours garden as the colour was transferring onto their kids clothes :pac:
    Please tell me it is the same situation as surely there cannot be 2 similar nutcases around

The "kids" in this house are in their 40s and 50s so I sincerely hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,395 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Eejits.
    I'd get great enjoyment watching them jutifully sweeping them up and depositing them at the wall, only for the wind to pick them back up again ...

I'd look very disappointed as I lament on how all their hard work was in vain. I might even be tempted to shake the branches of the tree while doing so.

My TA, I'm tired but can't sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Cherry Blossoms are so beautiful. Why mess with the natural laws of nature. I feel some people have no control in their lives so they focus on stuff like this to give them purpose.

TA my phone changes my words and it's saying strange things which I have to ninja edit.

Roz Purcell posting an Instagram picture of her broken leg x-ray. I'm not even on Instagram. How do I even know this. Is there no end to celebrity need for attention...

Roz Purcell posting an Instagram picture of her broken leg x-ray. I'm not even on Instagram. How do I even know this. Is there no end to celebrity need for attention...

Ah sure these people have to stay relevant to promote their vegan chocolates or some crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,415 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have a busy day ahead and had 2 appointments to go to , so I cancelled one yesterday. The other one cancelled on me this morning so I'm getting nowhere:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Archeron wrote: »
    I think when the EA games launch of online SimCity went tits up, the whole planet warmed by about a degree with all the boiling rage.

TA that ea games killed my favourite game of all time.

I remember that. I've not bought an EA game since Mass Effect 3.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I got a slight cut to my finger this morning. Nothing serious but enough to need a plaster. Now typing is a pain and every sentence I type has typos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I remember that. I've not bought an EA game since Mass Effect 3.

I haven't bought one since the most recent UFC game. You need the dexterity of an octopus to be able to pull off a submission move in it. It's a shame that there's no alternative MMA games out there at the moment.

Cherry Blossoms are so beautiful. Why mess with the natural laws of nature.

I can only assume for the same reason they paved over their entire garden - some people just see nature as a massive - in some cases even distasteful - inconvenience to them. I don't understand it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I can only assume for the same reason they paved over their entire garden - some people just see nature as a massive - in some cases even distasteful - inconvenience to them. I don't understand it at all.

Yeah, people are weird.
    I had a house mate once who I used to tell to help herself to salad leaves from the garden but she'd still buy leaves.
    I eventually worked out that leaves from the garden were "dirty"!
    I'm not sure how she thought other leaves were grown.
    (this was before we had cats so not explained by that)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My Dunnes is always busy, get there around 10 and I've to queue to get in....I'm first in the queue so not too bad, about 8 people behind me when we are let in.

Quickly realise what the problem is once I get inside. 80% of the trolleys had 2 or 3 adults, about 50% of those had a child in the seat part.

Anyway apart from being more difficult to keep distance etc really didn't impact on me.

Leaving the shop the queue has now grown substantially, I know from experience they have an hour wait before they'll get in...all because adults can't do a solo shop.

A year on and nothing learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Anyway apart from being more difficult to keep distance etc really didn't impact on me.

Leaving the shop the queue has now grown substantially, I know from experience they have an hour wait before they'll get in...all because adults can't do a solo shop.

You’re right. It is difficult to keep distance. I have accidentally bumped a few of those “couples” with my trolley.

My Dunnes is always busy, get there around 10 and I've to queue to get in....I'm first in the queue so not too bad, about 8 people behind me when we are let in.

Quickly realise what the problem is once I get inside. 80% of the trolleys had 2 or 3 adults, about 50% of those had a child in the seat part.

A year on and nothing learned.

Our local SuperValu is near a school and it has become a national hobby to pick the kids up and bring all of them plus your baby to SuperValu on the way home. So there's trollies, scooters, buggies (sometimes double) and children who in fairness can't be expected to maintain a social distance depending on their age. You don't have space to pass people by so fair enough you're stuck behind but then the people behind you again get irritated and try to pass everyone by. It's just mental. I tend to avoid it like the plague now and it's a pity because when the schools were closed this particular shop was always very quiet and civilised :D

Also a more general TA is a queue system outside and then inside it's a free for all anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

My da is currently cutting potatoes for dinner... with a bread knife. As someone who sharpens their own kitchen knifes this bothers me, especially since he only recently got me to sharpen his chefs knife, which would have no trouble cutting through the potatoes now but he chooses to use a bread knife. Out of all the knifes in the kitchen he could possibly choose for the job he chooses this one ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Scumbags graffitiing the Neolithic complex at Loughcrew in Meath. Was up there at the equinox before, an amazing site. Hopefully the OPW can sort it out.

The tide is turning…

Scumbags graffitiing the Neolithic complex at Loughcrew in Meath. Was up there at the equinox before, an amazing site. Hopefully the OPW can sort it out.

They can't. They said it is irreparable

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/vandalism-at-5000-year-old-cairn-at-loughcrew-unlikely-to-be-reparable-40366462.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Roz Purcell posting an Instagram picture of her broken leg x-ray. I'm not even on Instagram.
    Roz is great. I love the bones of her...:pac:

My trivial annoyance: I recently bought a new lawnmower, nothing too expensive. I've done the front garden twice with it so this evening decided to mow the back garden for the first time this year.

After 10 seconds, I was veering towards a certain area thinking "Stay away from there. The stump of that old rose bush is there" yet I just go closer and closer until CLUNK!!! Now, with a quarter of my garden done, I've bent the blade on my new lawnmower. :( It's still working but part of the cutting motion is slightly downwards instead of horizontal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,593 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

My trivial annoyance: I recently bought a new lawnmower, nothing too expensive. I've done the front garden twice with it so this evening decided to mow the back garden for the first time this year.

After 10 seconds, I was veering towards a certain area thinking "Stay away from there. The stump of that old rose bush is there" yet I just go closer and closer until CLUNK!!! Now, with a quarter of my garden done, I've bent the blade on my new lawnmower. :( It's still working but part of the cutting motion is slightly downwards instead of horizontal.

Bate it straight with a hammer, be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Fit adjustable height air suspension to it like the pimp my ride cars :D

Dramatik wrote: »
    My da is currently cutting potatoes for dinner... with a bread knife. As someone who sharpens their own kitchen knifes this bothers me, especially since he only recently got me to sharpen his chefs knife, which would have no trouble cutting through the potatoes now but he chooses to use a bread knife. Out of all the knifes in the kitchen he could possibly choose for the job he chooses this one ???

Same. My dad literally cuts/chops EVERYTHING with the breadknife. One that genuinely came from my grandparents house and they're dead 20 years. It's a good thing he rarely cooks cause he'd be short several fingertips by now otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Archeron

My toilet brush snapped during a vigorous toilet scrubbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Archeron wrote: »
    My toilet brush snapped during a vigorous toilet scrubbing.

I read that as tooth brush at first and was aghast.

I got a B12 injection and it's made me edgy. My knee is sore too like an aching in it. I need to go out to buy a present for someone but I can't face driving with the edginess and mangled knee.

• Advertisement

Without going into too much detail my toilet needed a double flush and a bit of a cleaning with the toilet brush after I used it earlier. I must have brushed a little too hard though as a small bit of water splashed up and hit me in the mouth :(

Advertisement