Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for a long-distance relationship.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

thanks .

Suddenly, unexpectedly on a Friday big decisions resurface. OH is back Ireland in 3 weeks for Graduation ceremony, " you have become a Master, ya wanna be a Missus too ? "

If you feel it's the right thing for both of you as a couple, then go for it but I agree with the poster who earlier pointed out to me that marriage for the sake of a visa might not be the brightest idea. There's a reason the GF and I are doing the long-distance thing before the marriage thing. If we can survive a year or two trans-atlantic then we might be ready as a couple to commit like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

thanks .

Suddenly, unexpectedly on a Friday big decisions resurface. OH is back Ireland in 3 weeks for Graduation ceremony, " you have become a Master, ya wanna be a Missus too ? "

Well you have to give 3 months notice to a registrar before you can get married!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Well you have to give 3 months notice to a registrar before you can get married!

That is true, I neglected to mention that. That's what the first 3 month visa option I linked to is for. She won't be allowed to work, study or do anything bar live here during those 3 months mind you.

Advertisement