Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Few posters on the rolling stones fourm are saying its them and may be the opening night of the tour

Peroanally hope its the Stones as I can't see them playing here again if it all falls through and I'd love too see them.

Eminem and the foos are the only other artists it could be unless were getting a surprise by someone like Pink, Rhianna, Beyonce or somebody popular like that

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Fleetwood Mac are supposed to be playing here this summer. I still think it could be them.

Fleetwood Mac are supposed to be playing here this summer. I still think it could be them.

Prob too big for them unless they get a solid support line up

I'd accept that tbh and have my angry thoughts ready if the concerts gets the go ahead and its someone I dont like or it's gets refused and it was to be the Stones lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭roadmaster

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Prob too big for them unless they get a solid support line up

I'd accept that tbh and have my angry thoughts ready if the concerts gets the go ahead and its someone I dont like or it's gets refused and it was to be the Stones lol

fleetwood mac did a joint tour with the eagles last year in the USA, maybe they could be planning to bring it to Europe this summer

Edit: just seen on google it was a festival over two days I taught they shared the same stage on one day

• Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Do people think the stones would sell out croker? They are notorious for high priced tickets.

• Advertisement

Do people think the stones would sell out croker? They are notorious for high priced tickets.

It's hard to predict

They didn't play here since Slane in 2007 and there one of the best bands of all time and this may/will be the last time they play Ireland as there not young (Ronnie wood is 70, Mick and Keith are both 74 and watts is 76). How there still going is absolutely amazing

Ticket prices will be an issue but hopefully there's a bit of cope on from Aiken and they won't be too high. The band have still played to half empty stadiums on previous tours in recent years cause of high ticket prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

They'd never be bringing forward the popes gig to coincide with the referendum would they? :O

julyjane wrote: »
    They'd never be bringing forward the popes gig to coincide with the referendum would they? :O

Nah Bono will be the States then ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Wait, has it not been confirmed as the Rolling Stones yet? It's definitely them on the Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

wardides wrote: »
    Wait, has it not been confirmed as the Rolling Stones yet? It's definitely them on the Thursday night.

No hasn't been confirmed ?? Do you have inside info that it is them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

i've heard Bruce being touted strongly..
    that Stones are signed with MCD?..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

bennyl10 wrote: »

Defo going to be Bruce. Tour dates make perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The Nal wrote: »
    bennyl10 wrote: »

Defo going to be Bruce. Tour dates make perfect sense
    if hes not on broadway it woul make sense..

say a twitter thing saying GnR again or westlife but dont think it makes sense..

Stones adds up best, but i dont know are they with Aiken

• Registered Users Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

It’s deffo Rolling Stones.

Bump this post when it’s announced but it is the Stones.

• Site Banned Posts: 11 fdun555

Hoping for Stones. Bruce or GnR would be a real letdown!

Its the 26th anniversary of Lucky Town so a Bruce gig looks the likely option.

Its the 26th anniversary of Lucky Town so a Bruce gig looks the likely option.

Its going to be Bruce isn't it... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Unless Bruce Springsteen has invented teleportation, he won't finish a gig in Dublin and be in NYC 2 hours later.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭flasher0030

God, I hope it is Guns n Roses. Missed them in Slane due to family function.

God, I hope it is Guns n Roses. Missed them in Slane due to family function.

GnR would be a terrible choice. It won't be them.

• Advertisement

My money is on Eminem. He added UK dates recently.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Unless Bruce Springsteen has invented teleportation, he won't finish a gig in Dublin and be in NYC 2 hours later.....

I heard from a reliable source that hes starting the Croker gig two hours earlier and getting Concorde back to NYC to parachute into Manhattan.

I heard from a reliable source that hes starting the Croker gig two hours earlier and getting Concorde back to NYC to parachute into Manhattan.

haha!

Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Columbia recording artist....... Bruce Springsteen...

473360_v2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

fdun555 wrote: »

As much as I’d love it to be Bruce it is 100% The Rolling Stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

As much as I’d love it to be Bruce it is 100% The Rolling Stones.

How can you be sure 100%. Unless you are Mick jagger !😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭flasher0030

GnR would be a terrible choice. It won't be them.

Terrible for you maybe. Exciting for me. That's how the world works. Varying Various opinions and likes. Just because you might not be in to Guns n Roses, does not mean that it's a fact that its a terrible choice. Unless you are aged 4 and have no concept that other people can have an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Loads of people that "definitely" know its going to be :

A) Rolling Stones
    B) Eminem
    C) Fleetwood Mac
    D) U2
    E) G nR
    F) Pope ...(the Pope, not Conor ..)
    G) Bruce Springsteen
    H) Westlife

Has anyone mentioned Pearl Jam / Foo Fighters / Nathan Carter ...?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    Loads of people that "definitely" know its going to be :

A) Rolling Stones
    B) Eminem
    C) Fleetwood Mac
    D) U2
    E) G nR
    F) Pope ...(the Pope, not Conor ..)
    G) Bruce Springsteen
    H) Westlife

Has anyone mentioned Pearl Jam / Foo Fighters / Nathan Carter ...?

cant seeing it being u2, GNR , The pope :D or Bruce Springsteen (rumours of a 2019 tour happening though)

Westlife and Fleetwood Mac are possible with Westlife a guaranteed sell out. Very good chance it could be Eminem (and the residents thought the GB crowd would be bad !!!) or Rolling Stones

Foos and Pearl Jam are good gueses but prob too big for them and Nathan Carter ??? could sell well with a solid support lineup

Knowing Irish promoters it will be a modern in the limelight pop act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

it'll probably end up being someone like Take That

Advertisement