Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Casefile

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

fluke wrote: »
    Great. I'll check it out!

What did you make of it? I listened to generation why's Tina Watson and wasn't a patch on casefile

• Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I hope I am not derailing the thread. But as an avid fan of Casefile, I came across a UK version that is similar called

"They walk among us, UK True Crime"

I am enjoying it, if you can say that about murder and so on!

Just thought I'd mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭fluke

pc7 wrote: »
    What did you make of it? I listened to generation why's Tina Watson and wasn't a patch on casefile

Funny you should say that. I was reluctant to listen to the Casefile episode as I had heard the Generation Why episode on this some time ago.

The Casefile episode is a much better 'summary' of what happened to Tina Watson. Overall Casefile is stylistically, narratively and production-wise, better than GW. I was all in on this episode with Casefile, whereas e.g. the audio quality on GW is poor in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,320 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I hope I am not derailing the thread. But as an avid fan of Casefile, I came across a UK version that is similar called

"They walk among us, UK True Crime"

I am enjoying it, if you can say that about murder and so on!

Just thought I'd mention it.

I don't like the narrator for "They walk among us"..he is just so soft and gentle and he doesn't really hold my attention, find myself zoning out quite a bit when listening to it, which is a shame as the level of detail they go into is pretty impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This weeks Casefile was a good one. Even included sheep shagging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭fluke

Cienciano wrote: »
    This weeks Casefile was a good one. Even included sheep shagging

A real Ewedunnit huh?

Coat got.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fair play to the police they did a super job.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just listening to the Tina Watson one. So sad what a way to go the bastard.
    Just googled pics of them as well- you'd swear you were looking at Joe o Reilly and Rachel Callaly.

Loved the EAR ones. Was totally freaked at night going to bed however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭optogirl

Found this weeks a bit dull - so many names I couldn't really concentrate the way I usually can. Might just be me, mind you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

optogirl wrote: »
    Found this weeks a bit dull - so many names I couldn't really concentrate the way I usually can. Might just be me, mind you :P

They didn't mention it on the pod but the Walsh street case was covered in a fairly famous movie called Animal Kingdom. It's quite a good movie with an excellent cast. Also made into a US tv show last year.

• Advertisement

Deleted as spoiler not showing on main site is on mobile see below

You need to edit your spoiler tags :(

siblers wrote: »
    You need to edit your spoiler tags :(

It's showing correctly spoilered for me on mobile, is it not on full site? ETA see on full site it isn't will raise with feedback team, have deleted above, apologies but as you can see from screenshot below it was spoilered for me.

See attached

I was amazed
    that they got off and were found innocent I didn't see that coming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭McGrath5

New episode is up!

pc7 wrote: »
    It's showing correctly spoilered for me on mobile, is it not on full site? ETA see on full site it isn't will raise with feedback team, have deleted above, apologies but as you can see from screenshot below it was spoilered for me.

Yeah I was in the full site, that's a strange one. I think if you use [ spoiler ] instead of [ SPOILER ] it won't display on the full site but it will on the mobile site. No need for apologies!

It says a lot about Casefile that they manage to inject an element of atmosphere into their ads!

For any of ye interested, there's a BBC Drama called The Moorside based off the Shannon Matthews case, I only saw a few minutes of it when it initially aired, I've no idea how factually correct it is or if it's even any good, although BBC usually do a good job for these kind of shows
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08dxvc0

Glad I've cruised before listening this week (released yday), very sad case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

This weeks episode was very tense.
    Unbelievable how the cruise line reacted.

• Advertisement

Excellent podcast this week. Very sad case.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Yeah it was a good episode. The stat that was revealed near the end was interesting too.
    May put me off a cruise holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I dunno, when someone
    disappears, police have no leads and they have no idea what happened seem to end
    a bit flat for me. She could be alive, she could be dead, could be kidnapped,
    could be suicide, could be an accident, could be a murder. All the same, it was
    an interesting episode.
    Defend the cruise line at all cost seems to be the staffs motto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Casefile is fantastic to listen to but True Crime Garage is the podcast I look forward to most when it comes to murder cases.

New episode coming this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Casefile is fantastic to listen to but True Crime Garage is the podcast I look forward to most when it comes to murder cases.

TCG is excellent, I think it really helps to have more than one host because it becomes more of a conversation than a monotone which is what I feel you get with Casefile. Its just a pity they have made a lot of their earlier episodes paid only.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

Not for me. I started listening to Crime garage while casefile was away and dont think its great. I think the other guy with the host is a bit drab. I love the seriousness and tension within casefile, which, I dont think crime garage has.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Casefile is absolutely brilliant. Only stumbled on it a few weeks ago so am working my way through it. It's so well researched, fantastic stuff. Think the Family Court Murders was my favourite so far.

I only knew the very basics of This weeks story (Jonestown),
    that it was a cult and mass suicide. But fook me the 3rd part was very hard listen, I never realised how many people were involved, those poor babas and children, I was bawling.
    the recordings of Jones reminds me of how Trump speaks

• Advertisement

mickoc wrote: »
    Not for me. I started listening to Crime garage while casefile was away and dont think its great. I think the other guy with the host is a bit drab. I love the seriousness and tension within casefile, which, I dont think crime garage has.

The tone is very much part of what makes casefile I agree.
    All that craft beer crap on true crime garage annoys me also.

Advertisement