Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That is great an all, but any chance you could answer the question?

I've answered already. But I'll answer again.

Joe is a podcast host and is responsible to nobody.

Please stop sending me PMs, it's a bit weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

You can claim it's overblown etc but 3.1 million people died in spite of the global lockdown. So yes, it's a sufficiently deadly virus. I imagine there's many on the site who know people who have died in the last year as a result or narrowly avoided death.

that 3.1 million figure is highly debatable. Most of them were dying already, they were counted as Covid death just because the person was positive to Covid regardless of the actual reason for death

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I've answered already. But I'll answer again.

Joe is a podcast host and is responsible to nobody.

Please stop sending me PMs, it's a bit weird!

I was asking that you answer my follow up questions, which you have ignored. But that is fine. Not answering then is as good as an answer.

I am done here. All anyone is willing to do is make blanket statements, and then do the most amazing feats of mental gymnastics to defend them.
    No one is interested in making a rationale case for there stance, or examine instances where a blanket approach dose not work.

Using your logic MrStuffins, I could dox you, post your work address and telephone number. And I would have no responsibility for how that information is used of abused. Since I am just an idiot on the internet.

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    that 3.1 million figure is highly debatable. Most of them were dying already, they were counted as Covid death just because the person was positive to Covid regardless of the actual reason for death

That is a big claim, do you have anything to support that?

I am done here.

See ya

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mod note: Guys you're not forced to engage with any users. If you don't want to speak to them, don't. If they pursue you on board or via PM please report it and it'll be dealt with, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Has anyone got any viewership numbers since the spotify move ?

I personally havent listened/watched one in a long time now and to be honest its not missed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Has anyone got any viewership numbers since the spotify move ?

I personally havent listened/watched one in a long time now and to be honest its not missed

No idea but I’d imagine it’s down. I noticed immediately after the move he wasn’t posting anything on YouTube but then after a few weeks he started posting short videos on the clips channel again which would suggest to me that viewer numbers took a hit.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I would suggest to me that viewer numbers took a hit.

I wonder how much of his drop in listeners has to do with his anti Vax anti Covid views. And those of his guests.

I know he has gotten a lot of blow back publicly and rowed back on some of the things he said.

One thing getting backed and listening to him talking about apes and UFOs. Another thing getting baked and listening to him call the thing that killed your aunt Mary a hoax.

• Advertisement

I wonder how much of his drop in listeners has to do with his anti Vax anti Covid views.

I would say none of it.
    If any drop at all, it's probably due to being on Spotify instead of YouTube.
    Anything else is the same as before

I would say none of it.

That's highly unlikely, pushing anti vaccine nonsense is gonna put off audiences during a pandemic which has killed millions. Degrees of separation from those who have been hit by it isn't high.

• I wonder how much of his drop in listeners has to do with his anti Vax anti Covid views. And those of his guests.

I know he has gotten a lot of blow back publicly and rowed back on some of the things he said.

One thing getting backed and listening to him talking about apes and UFOs. Another thing getting baked and listening to him call the thing that killed your aunt Mary a hoax.

This is actually the main reason why I stopped listening/watching

This is actually the main reason why I stopped listening/watching

I imagine it's the reason a lot of people have stopped listening.

His audience is into health, vitamins, supplements and working out. Not many of them will be weirded out by his opinion about the vaccine which by the way was known before moving to Spotify
    and also, where did you get the notion that a lot of people stopped listening?

• Mic 1972 wrote: »
    His audience is into health, vitamins, supplements and working out. Not many of them will be weirded out by his opinion about the vaccine which by the way was known before moving to Spotify

The fact that they had to put clips back on youtube. Suggests that people have forgotten about it.

I'd simply put the switch to spotify as the main reason people have dropped off a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I don't know tbh. Most of the people I know who listen to Joe Rogan would start going on about the danger of vaccines at the drop of a hat and a lot of them listen precisely because he comes out with this kind of stuff - just in my experience. I can't imagine his musings on the subject came to much of a shock to too many of them.

I honestly think it's just moving platform and that a proportion haven't followed him over.

Then again, I have no idea if more or less people are listening to him or not. He's making bank either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

The fact that they had to put clips back on youtube. Suggests that people have forgotten about it.

I'd simply put the switch to spotify as the main reason people have dropped off a bit.

Just because the clips are back on youtube doesnt mean they were put there to regain a fallen listenership - I would imagine it is absolutely normal marketing that took place when things settled down after the move.

Not saying your wrong - but to me, It would have been one of the first things on my marketing strategy list after spending 100m odd getting him over there

Really? He moved to Spotify in May 2020. Was he already anti Vax then? Months before one was even developed. Hmmm

Someone mentioned it in an earlier comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I would say none of it.

I certainly have anyway, he moved from having people on with wildly varying views to far more talking about his own views and having more and more contraryian guests.

Joe rabbiting on about standup, MMA, elk meat and hunting was grand, he was educated in the area and even if it was a bit jolting to have him bring it up in the middle of conversations about science or philosophy at least he had some knowledge. He moved away from that and that put me off.

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    I certainly have anyway, he moved from having people on with wildly varying views to far more talking about his own views and having more and more contraryian guests.

Joe rabbiting on about standup, MMA, elk meat and hunting was grand, he was educated in the area and even if it was a bit jolting to have him bring it up in the middle of conversations about science or philosophy at least he had some knowledge. He moved away from that and that put me off.

He still talks about the same subjects you listed above on every episode. Majority of guests are still standup comedians

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

He still talks about the same subjects you listed above on every episode. Majority of guests are still standup comedians

I heard and saw the change in his guests and his approach when talking to them, then reduced and stopped listening, I obviously didn't stop dead when I thought it was good.

Really? He moved to Spotify in May 2020. Was he already anti Vax then? Months before one was even developed. Hmmm

Someone mentioned it in an earlier comment.

He was still on YouTube until December, I'm sure you are aware of it
    People had plenty of opportunities to hear his opinion about vitamin D, health and immune system during 2020 before he switched to Spotify

Arghus wrote: »
    I don't know tbh. Most of the people I know who listen to Joe Rogan would start going on about the danger of vaccines at the drop of a hat and a lot of them listen precisely because he comes out with this kind of stuff - just in my experience. I can't imagine his musings on the subject came to much of a shock to too many of them.

I honestly think it's just moving platform and that a proportion haven't followed him over.

Then again, I have no idea if more or less people are listening to him or not. He's making bank either way.

I agree with this, he built an audience over the years that is more or less aligned to his views.

As for the views, it's difficult to know how any people followed him over to Spotify. The YT clips are still making millions of views, suggesting that the interest hasn't dwindled

He was still on YouTube until December, I'm sure you are aware of it
    People had plenty of opportunities to hear his opinion about vitamin D, health and immune system during 2020 before he switched to Spotify

He told people to not get the vaccine if they were young and healthy, it was an incredibly stupid and ignorant remark. That has definitely hit him.

He told people to not get the vaccine if they were young and healthy, it was an incredibly stupid and ignorant remark. That has definitely hit him.

can you prove it?
    the YT clip from the episode about the lab leak theory for example has 2M views, looks like there is a lot of interest in his views on covid related subjects

Did he call Covid a hoax? Any links to this?

Was he already anti Vax then?

To call him anti-vax is to strongly misrepresent his position on vaccines.

I think the world would be a better place if we all dialed down the hyperbole, stopped trying to force people we don't like into pigeonholes that we can use to try turn other people against them, and actually take what is said by these people on its merits.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I must have missed the episodes where he came out as Anti-Vax. Mind you I only listen to a few episodes.
    I did hear one, which was discussed here, where he said he thought there was no need for a healthy young person to get the vaccine to protect themselves from the affects of Covid.

I'd say there's a drop off in listeners because of moving to Spotify (some people don't bother downloading new apps).
    The move to Austin and the drop in quality/variation of guests what with Covid restrictions wouldn't have helped.

So with all those big changes I think one of the bigger problems is that the show was slowly getting staler over the last 3(?) years.
    It's great having such a variety of guests but when a lot of them are saying the same thing "You're great Joe, I love how you're" the man! and look how generous you are with your platform and time!" and then repeat a load of old stories about Mitzy that most listeners had heard a hundred times.

To my ears the show got overly repetitive backslapping love-in and Covid and the move to Texas kinda magnified the problem.

Which show, deos anyone remember, where he comes out as Anti-Vax? I thought on the whole he's had some fairly informative guests on talking about the virus. They were the least boring episodes that I've listened to over the last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hang on, if we're talking about the same episode he definitely didn't tell people not to get the vaccine.

He said if a young healthy person asked him if they needed to get the vax to protect themselves from the affects of Covid he'd say he didn't think they'd really need it.

Advertisement