Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

humberklog wrote: »
    I must have missed the episodes where he came out as Anti-Vax. Mind you I only listen to a few episodes.
    I did hear one, which was discussed here, where he said he thought there was no need for a healthy young person to get the vaccine to protect themselves from the affects of Covid.

The issue here is that there is a serious amount of pearl-clutching going on. Anyone who has taken the full context of what has said, what had been said before hand and what was said afterwards and still considers Joe "anti-vax" isn't really worth listening to. They obviously want to "cancel" Joe, which is silly.

I've even seen people retrospectively accuse Joe of saying that Covid was a hoax, but i'm yet to see any evidence of this. I don't listen to every episode, but i'd be surprised if this was true.

We've done this to death. I've never wanted to cancel Joe. The function of a vaccine is to protect everyone, including those who can't take it. Healthy young people should take it. Whether opposing that view is anti-vax, I've never thought about it before but it's borderline. Joe doubled down on his stupid bro science opinion when pressed on it. He still doesn't get it.

We've done this to death.

Might be best to give it up in that case.

We all know Joe's comments and the parameters of his opinions on the subject do not equate to him being anti-vax.

And I highly doubt he ever called Covid a hoax either.

So no point in banging on about it. Let's all move on.

Two clips that put me off him. Joe has always been into conspiracy theories and a libertarian so I'm not hugely surprised. If you are of the opinion that the government is evil and it's job is to subjugate and control, if covid wasn't a risk of overwhelming hospitals, then I can see why you'd be fighting your shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Whos cares? Hes a podcaster and MMA commentator.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Whos cares? Hes a podcaster and MMA commentator.

There are people who want to label others and force other people to put that label on them too in order to make themselves feel important. They want to try "cancel" someone to feed their own fragile ego.

They will remove all context, ignore anything that goes against their assertion and rabbit the same line over and over again in an attempt to brow-beat you. Again, all to feed their own fragile ego.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world will take things on their merits and get on with their lives.

Two clips that put me off him. Joe has always been into conspiracy theories

Again, this is misrepresenting Joe's stance of conspiracy theories. If you listen to the show, you know he's not a conspiracy theorist.
    If you are of the opinion that the government is evil and it's job is to subjugate and control, if covid wasn't a risk of overwhelming hospitals, then I can see why you'd be fighting your shadow.

Just watched these clips.

Two clips of guys having a reasonable discussion.

Zero anti-vax.

Zero Covid hoax.

It seems you just don't like people having discussions that you disagree with. This isn't Joe Rogan's fault.

Not everywhere has to be a "safe space" for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

To state that his ratings are dropping is just false narrative anyway, nobody knows his Spotify ratings.
    His YT clips on the other hand are still as strong as before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

jesus safe spaces, cancelling and fragile egos... you've become the very thing you sought to destroy (or whatever the quote is)

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Again, this is misrepresenting Joe's stance of conspiracy theories. If you listen to the show, you know he's not a conspiracy theorist.

Just watched these clips.

Two clips of guys having a reasonable discussion.

Zero anti-vax.

Zero Covid hoax.

It seems you just don't like people having discussions that you disagree with. This isn't Joe Rogan's fault.

Not everywhere has to be a "safe space" for you.

Get out of here with this safe space nonsense. I never said anything about covid hoax or anti vax.

There is something I disagree with, then there are things that are factually incorrect. Their arguments are mostly predicated on misinformation. That's what drives me nuts. Those clips are constant. Two comedians parroting about something they have no idea about. Bill Burr said it best. Both of them with no medical degree, talking bull****, smoking a cigar with an American flag in the background. Excuse me if I put more stock in someone with expertise.

And Joe has ALWAYS been into conspiracy theories to varying degrees. Much less than he used to thankfully. He used to think the moon landing was faked.

• Advertisement

Get out of here with this safe space nonsense. I never said anything about covid hoax or anti vax.

You said you stopped listening to him because of his anti vax covid views right?

Originally Posted by Bellbottoms viewpost.gif
    I wonder how much of his drop in listeners has to do with his anti Vax anti Covid views.

This is actually the main reason why I stopped listening/watching

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Think I’ve listened to 2 since the Spotify exclusive move. I’d probably still be listening if it remained available on Apple podcast app although it had gotten fairly stale at that stage anyway. I listen to music on Spotify all the time but hate their podcast section.

I couldn’t care less about his Covid views, people across the globe have varying takes on it , extreme in both directions. Podcasters, YouTubers, influencers, Facebook etc shouldn’t be where you form your opinions or views on anything. I would probably fall into the category of people he would say shouldn’t bother with a vaccine but hey, it’s Joe Rogan the podcaster and UFC guy…

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    You said you stopped listening to him because of his anti vax covid views right?

If you want to be pedantic, I specifically never said anything about anti vax. I stopped listening because of his uneducated covid hot takes. I don't think he's anti vax. I'm sure he's got the vax himself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Fairly interesting recent Pod I just listened to with Bret Weinstein and Dr. Pierre Kory on JRE.

They're mostly discussing the efficacy of Ivermectin on the prevention of Covid, the treatment of people with Covid, the treatment of Long Covid patients and for people who've had problems after vaccination.
    Dr. Kory briefly talks about his scepticism of the usage of vaccinating children and his worry about such large scale dosing. But during the whole conversation JR never mentions his own views on vaccination. If as some think that JR is anti-vax this would've been the perfect show.

I enjoyed the show, I was hoping they were going to talk more about people who've has an adverse reaction to the vax because I am one. So much so that I've had to postpone my 2nd jab (supposed to be this Sunday) because I just don't feel well enough for it.
    This show is the first one I've heard where discussion on the causes and affects of adverse reaction to vaccination was talked about in any meaningful way.

Glad I listened.

Good sign off too... "Sort that out for yourselves ladies and gentlemen."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I wonder how much of his drop in listeners has to do with his anti Vax anti Covid views. And those of his guests.

I know he has gotten a lot of blow back publicly and rowed back on some of the things he said.

One thing getting backed and listening to him talking about apes and UFOs. Another thing getting baked and listening to him call the thing that killed your aunt Mary a hoax.

Can't beleive Rogan is anti-covid, all good people are pro-covid. He needs to do better.

Bambi wrote: »
    Can't beleive Rogan is anti-covid, all good people are pro-covid. He needs to do better.

It would be weird if he was pro-Covid. Who in their right mind is going around saying Covid is great?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I wonder how much of his drop in listeners has to do with his anti Vax anti Covid views. And those of his guests.

I know he has gotten a lot of blow back publicly and rowed back on some of the things he said.

One thing getting backed and listening to him talking about apes and UFOs. Another thing getting baked and listening to him call the thing that killed your aunt Mary a hoax.

Very little I'd say. I'm not a regular listener but any time I do listen all I see is his regular listeners complaining about the move to Spotify so I imagine that's the main driver of it. I was only a casual watcher but even I don't watch as much as I used to since he moved to Spotify. Was very easy to dip in and out when he was on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    He was still on YouTube until December, I'm sure you are aware of it
    People had plenty of opportunities to hear his opinion about vitamin D, health and immune system during 2020 before he switched to Spotify

I wasn't, why would I be? I have a spotify account. If I want to listen to him. I listen on Spotify.

I misspoke saying he thought Covid was a hoax, he has been very critical of the measures taken to tackle Covid. I wrongly conflated the two in my head.

But he is certainly anti vax.

Did he call Covid a hoax? Any links to this?

Again I misspoke.

To call him anti-vax is to strongly misrepresent his position on vaccines.

I think the world would be a better place if we all dialed down the hyperbole, stopped trying to force people we don't like into pigeonholes that we can use to try turn other people against them, and actually take what is said by these people on its merits.

It is not.
    And no one is trying to force anyone into a pigeon hole.

""But if you're, like, 21 years old and you say to me, 'Should I get vaccinated?' I'd go, 'No,'" he said. "Are you healthy? Are you a healthy person? Like, look, don't do anything stupid, but you should take care of yourself. If you're a healthy person and you're exercising all the time and you're young and you're eating well, I don't think you need to worry about this."

Healthy people do not need to be vaccinated. It is not telling people a vaccine will give them autism or that it will poision them. But it is still anti vax. He is explicitly telling cohorts of people they do not need a vaccine.

If you want to white knight for Joe Rogan that is fine. But there isnt much point engaging with you any further.

• Advertisement

It is not.

""But if you're, like, 21 years old and you say to me, 'Should I get vaccinated?' I'd go, 'No,'" he said. "Are you healthy? Are you a healthy person? Like, look, don't do anything stupid, but you should take care of yourself. If you're a healthy person and you're exercising all the time and you're young and you're eating well, I don't think you need to worry about this."

Healthy people do not need to be vaccinated. It is not telling people a vaccine will give them autism or that it will poision them. But it is still anti vax. He is explicitly telling cohorts of people they do not need a vaccine.

If you want to white knight for Joe Rogan that is fine. But there isnt much point engaging with you any further.

Lol. White knighting?

It's not white knighting to point out you are being extremely uncharitable to label him as an anti vaxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They don't :)

It is not.

As I said.......
    There are people who want to label others and force other people to put that label on them too in order to make themselves feel important. They want to try "cancel" someone to feed their own fragile ego.

They will remove all context, ignore anything that goes against their assertion and rabbit the same line over and over again in an attempt to brow-beat you. Again, all to feed their own fragile ego.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world will take things on their merits and get on with their lives.

Change the record. It's only you who claims him anti-vax. I said "claim" instead of "think" because I don't think you actually believe he is

If you want to be pedantic, I specifically never said anything about anti vax. I stopped listening because of his uneducated covid hot takes. I don't think he's anti vax. I'm sure he's got the vax himself.

you specifically said

This is actually the main reason why I stopped listening/watching

in response to this quote

Originally Posted by Bellbottoms viewpost.gif
    I wonder how much of his drop in listeners has to do with his anti Vax anti Covid views.

Bambi wrote: »
    They don't :)

They do.

Lol. White knighting?

It's not white knighting to point out you are being extremely uncharitable to label him as an anti vaxer.

What ever bro.

If you tell people not to take a vaccine you are anti Vax by definition.

But whatever.

What ever bro.

But whatever.

No you aren't "bro".

Would I be antivax if I encouraged my elderly mother to take the vaccine and was of the opinion that my twenty year old pregnant niece and my 22 year old fitness instructor nephew shouldn't?

Is that really what you think anti Vax is? Putting everyone who doesn't wholly promote the vaccine as anti Vax alongside Gemma o Doherty?

But indeed, "whatever".

This is not true.

Anti-Vax is being opposed to a vaccine. Rogan is not opposed to vaccines.
    "I'm not an anti-vax person," Rogan said. "I believe they're safe and encourage many people to take them."

Pretty straight forward.

Give it up dude. You're not convincing anyone.

No you aren't "bro".

Would I be antivax if I encouraged my elderly mother to take the vaccine and was of the opinion that my twenty year old pregnant niece and my 22 year old fitness instructor nephew shouldn't?

Is that really what you think anti Vax is? Putting everyone who doesn't wholly promote the vaccine as anti Vax alongside Gemma o Doherty?

But indeed, "whatever".

It's rare we agree on anything The Dunne but you're spot on here.

Even if you disagree with him, it does not make him Anti-Vax.

• Advertisement

It's rare we agree on anything The Dunne but you're spot on here.

Even if you disagree with him, it does not make him Anti-Vax.

Jesus.... I just noticed it was you I was agreeing with.......

I may have to rethink my position :P:P:)

Advertisement