Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plus Size Exercise Clothes

Options
  • 30-05-2020 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi All,

I am really struggling to find work out gear that fits. :(

Size 24+ any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Both Nike and Adidas are running plus size lines, nice looking kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

A few years ago there were loads of things around.

Yours Clothing, Pretty Little Thing, Simply Be and ASOS also have fitness bits.

I'm not sure if this advice will be of any use to you, so ignore me if it's not, but people often fall into the trap of getting loose fitness gear. If you're uncomfortable wearing tight clothes in public, get a fitted sports bra or running vest and wear a looser top over it. You will be far cooler and the fabric is designed to wick moisture so it'll help you with skin comfort and integrity.

Plus, if you find any bargains, send them my way.

TK Maxx often have unreal bargains on plus size workout gear, when they reopen they'll be a good place to check.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lucy Locket Loves do up to a size 26 in funky activewear leggings. Sturdy By Design go up to 4XL too.

Lucy Locket Loves do up to a size 26 in funky activewear leggings. Sturdy By Design go up to 4XL too.

Joanne, those Lucy Locket Loves are unreal. I can't wait to get some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 anniewilkes

Thank you all so much for the suggestions!

So difficult to find nice fitting things, particularly tops - boobs and belly in the way :D:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

On the big boobs while exercising note- the M&S high impact sports bras with the zip up the front are the best I’ve found. I’m fairly chunky but run a fair bit and swear by them.

On the big boobs while exercising note- the M&S high impact sports bras with the zip up the front are the best I’ve found. I’m fairly chunky but run a fair bit and swear by them.

I was wondering about those, great to hear from someone's experience that they're good, I was looking at them last night.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I like the Shock Absorber Active Multisport and Bravissimo Orbit. I've been graced with ample gifts from the boob fairy!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cocopops

I bought Nike Plus leggings on ASOS and i get so much wear out of them! Love how they actually stay up and don’t roll down.

Queenieke leggings on Amazon have been recommended to me recently but i haven’t purchased any yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

Shock absorber for the boobs, Freya is meant to be good too.

I get the majority of my gym gear in Tesco's they have up to 24 if memory serves.

I found buying branded gym gear online their sizing wasn't a big as when I bought some in America. I know for some XL is a size 16 at a push

• Advertisement
Advertisement