Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudolph Day

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was away on a work trip this week so we did Pancake Tuesday for Sunday brunch instead. We had sausages, bacon, grated cheese and red onion for the savoury course, then sugar & lemon, Nutella and banana for dessert. Mr Scarinae had never tried sugar & lemon before because it isn't a thing in Canada, but now thinks he might prefer it to Nutella :confused:
    CheerLouth wrote: »
    My husband brought me a catering bucket of Nutella back from Luxembourg a few months ago!
    That's my next birthday present sorted! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Happy Rudolph Day guys! Quarter of the way to Christmas already, clocks go forward soon and we'll get over this crisis and start to enjoy a bit of decent weather.
    By Christmas 2020 we will be raising a glass and thinking what a year this was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Completely forgot it, again!! Doh!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Completely forgot it, again!! Doh!!

Me too with everything going on.

At least at home so can go put some Christmas clothes on or try and rustle up a turkey and canberry sandwich for lunch :)

Happy Rudolph all, another Christmas related bright moment is these troubled times.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

By Christmas 2020 we will be raising a glass and thinking what a year this was.

God yea! Imagine the stories we'd be able to tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Happy Rudolph Day !!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Next Rudolph Day is on a Saturday. Something to look forward to already. :)

Bumping this, Rudolph day tomorrow, which is a Saturday (As Posy pointed out a month ago) so anyone planning on doing anything to Mark the fourth Rudolph day of the year?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Bumping this, Rudolph day tomorrow, which is a Saturday (As Posy pointed out a month ago) so anyone planning on doing anything to Mark the fourth Rudolph day of the year?

We have a family Zoom quiz every Sat night so going to come up with some Christmas questions!

Well tomorrow I start on my annual paint the fence. Weeks earlier . Will follow that up with homemade burgers to celebrate Rudolph Day. Then I think I’ll watch Love Actually .

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    We have a family Zoom quiz every Sat night so going to come up with some Christmas questions!

Cool how many participate? Who comes up with the questions?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I might finally getting around to watching Klaus or Last Christmas, or the BBC version of A Christmas Carol... might. :pac:

You still haven't seen Klaus?!

Happy Rudolph Day to everyone, a third of the way through the year already.
    Are the above mentioned films on Netflix?

Klaus is on Netflix anyway. :)

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Cool how many participate? Who comes up with the questions?

4 teams, folks, us, brother and wife and sister and husband.

We each come up with two rounds each of 6 questions.

You automatically get 6 points for each of the rounds you ask so questions are getting harder and harder!!

Happy Rudolph Day guys!

Another month done, hope everyone is keeping well and we get back to normality in the next couple of months.

Am wearing candy cane boxers to mark the day that's in it :)

Wearing Santa socks myself... Happy Rudolph day y'all. This is the 5th of the year & next one is the mid point so we're starting to motor now.
    Have a good day everyone.

Have a good one guys, doesn't feel too Christmasy out there today however will find something to do/eat to mark the day at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

TRS30 wrote: »
    Have a good one guys, doesn't feel too Christmasy out there today however will find something to do/eat to mark the day at some stage.

Mince Pie Strudle in the Freezer. Wonder should I risk it. OH doesn't eat it so will have to finish the whole thing myself:D Happy Rudolph Day folks!

• Advertisement

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Mince Pie Strudle in the Freezer. Wonder should I risk it. OH doesn't eat it so will have to finish the whole thing myself:D Happy Rudolph Day folks!

Why wait, you knows it makes sense!!!:D

We had apple strudle with Vanilla ice cream for dessert yesterday after our BBQ, twas gorgeous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

(\o/)
    --- / \ ---
    >*<
    >0<@&lt;
    >>>@&lt;<*
    >@&gt;*<0<<<
    >*>>@&lt;<<@&lt;<
    >@&gt;>0<<<*<<@&lt;
    >*>>0<<@&lt;<<@&lt;<<
    >@&gt;>*<<@&lt;>*<<0<*<
    >0>>*<<@&lt;>0><<*<@&lt;<
    >*>>@&gt;<0<<*>>@&gt;<*<0<<
    >@&gt;>0<*<<0>>@&lt;<0<<<*<@&lt;
    >((*))_>0><*<0><@&lt;<<0<*<<
    >|.*.*.*.|>>@&lt;<*<<@&gt;><0<<@&lt;
    __\\db//__

I'm wearing my Rudolph socks :D It's a yuck day outside and the fur babies have decided to snuggle up in their beds, so I think I'll have a Netflix day.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone!

Wore penguin in a santa hat socks today without even realising it was the 25th. :pac:

Just made it and no more. Happy Rudolph Day everyone. Thinking of watching Last Christmas . Is it really cheesy?

Just made it and no more. Happy Rudolph Day everyone. Thinking of watching Last Christmas . Is it really cheesy?

We found it disappointing, its harmless really, just not what we expected... worth a watch for any Christmas fans but not one I suspect we'll watch again anytime soon.

I gave it a miss and went to bed early. It’s very hard to do a good Christmas story. They don’t make them like they used to.

I gave it a miss and went to bed early. It’s very hard to do a good Christmas story. They don’t make them like they used to.

I was kinda thinking the same thing the other day but with Christmas songs, they're hasn't been a really good memorable Christmas song out in years it feels like.

I was kinda thinking the same thing the other day but with Christmas songs, they're hasn't been a really good memorable Christmas song out in years it feels like.

Apart from Christmas Shoes, obviously :D

• Advertisement

Maybe that could be our Christmas challenge, we’ll collaborate on writing a new Christmas song. I’d manage lyrics but does anyone play instruments ?

Advertisement