Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mackerel 2019

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Can you explain this?
    they were so thick they couldn't get the line's to the bottom to try for anything on the bottom. mackerel on every hook .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

vicwatson wrote: »
    From where in Kilmore? The beach off to the west? Tia
    rosstoons town , east of kilmore . was high tide in the evening, that's always a help there . might be worth a try next week

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭padraigcarroll

Anyone have any reports of how Dublin Bay is doing?
    Last year was awful

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Spent a few hours yesterday (Thursday) out on the kayak at Ireland's Eye. Loads of mackerel around. Not huge shoals but I was consistently hauling in full strings. Sizes ranged from small Joeys to some good decent size fish. Not sure if they're close enough to shore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭padraigcarroll

Thanks for that, appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Poolbeg lighthouse this morning 1h before the high tide, mackerel bonanza, guys beside me leaving with a big bucket full of fish each.

Caught approx 25 medium sized ones and 1 king size, a few pollocks and a codling too, before giving up. Big BBQ time with friends tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dgamblerbob

Fishing in dunlicky(near kilkee) Saturday, caught 21mackerel in about 45 mins with high tide coming in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Any word on North Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭westsidestory

With high tides in Dublin after 10pm today is it pointless heading out fishing around low tide or the hours after in Dún Laoghaire or South Bull Wall near Poolbeg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

I know it's well past summer, but are there any mackerel still around in December?

Has anyone had any success from shore this late in the year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Odelay

I know it's well past summer, but are there any mackerel still around in December?

Has anyone had any success from shore this late in the year?

The only place to get mackerel from the shore this time of year is in Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

I hitting the coast shortly on my own mind just to do something

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

haybob wrote: »
    Let us know how you fare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

haybob wrote: »

Hope you get a couple I'm going insane stuck indoors. The mackerel fight great for their size if you use light lures and gear down!

You would struggle to catch mackerel this early it was pollock I was looking for but no dice

Grand to get out

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    Hope you get a couple I'm going insane stuck indoors. The mackerel fight great for their size if you use light lures and gear down!

I'm gone mad for light gear early in the year I was only spinning today

Got a couple of good size pollock last evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭nokiatom

too early and too cold for mackerel and they wouldnt taste good as they are spent

Got a couple of nice pollock on plastic yesterday evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Went to Howth for a couple of hours today after high tide. I blanked not cool..didn't see anyone else beside me on the pier get any mackerel either

• Advertisement
Advertisement