Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easter Egg offers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭sporina

3 Easter Eggs for €9 in SV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Went hunting today, I know I know bit late. Big eggs are like hens teeth. Anyone spot any lately? I was in Dunnes Ashleaf hardly any left plus medium ones on shelf’s.

I heard Tesco Nutgrove are sold out In previous years Debenhams were great for deals on big eggs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Trying to find Easter eggs is like trying to find a house to buy...which I’m in the market for at the moment.

Spent half my day off driving around shops trying to find Orero eggs....kids wanted the white ones but ended up with normal chocolate ones...€8.99 each and they’re small/medium size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,502 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Trying to find Easter eggs is like trying to find a house to buy...which I’m in the market for at the moment.

Spent half my day off driving around shops trying to find Orero eggs....kids wanted the white ones but ended up with normal chocolate ones...€8.99 each and they’re small/medium size.

Nolan's in Clontarf had the very white chocolate one you mention last Saturday.

Dunno if still the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

They were in tesco and lidl when i was looking for them but that was a few weeks ago. I was in Aldi earlier and they had very few eggs left.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

No eggs left in Lidl/Tesco/Aldi today and shops packed. Some Lint bunny's and box's of choc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya, I annoyingly left the big Kinder Egg too late (as much as it would’ve pained me to spend what they cost).

Tesco, Dunnes already had new stock in place of Easter Eggs this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Tesco Terenure still has a good few Mars 5 for 5

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

After shops doing loads of deals in the buildup there's eff all left around.

Supervalu in Deansgrange still had Mars and Cadbury small eggs 3 for €5 today...felt ripped off after getting 9 for €9 a while back lol.

Aldi, Lidl and Tesco seem cleared out...even of the small eggs with a creme egg.

Dunnes in Cornelscourt had a ridiculous amount of eggs on display in front of the closed cafe in addition to in the supermarket itself (where there are more), mix of brands and sizes....did that get cleared out?

Anyone been into a M&S, some of their stuff is pricey...did it sell?

• Advertisement

Tesco I was in today had v few eggs left and lots of empty shelf space beside those left so didn't look like they are get any more..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Happens every year and I think even more so cause we are all in lockdown, even the expensive ones are gone.

last year I picked up some Easter eggs after Easter, at a ridiculously low price.. (even those with mugs,.. and Lindt bunnies).. I didn't need/want them - but got some for friends.. for those who I knew liked certain ones.. but I don't think that will be the case this year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anybody seen a Kinder egg in South Dublin lately?
    Was told they do them but haven't seen them anywhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

okidoki987 wrote: »

Picked up two in the Italian Supermarket yesterday.
    Wasn't able to find them anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,817 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Doubt you’ll get Kinder but have a look in Dealz of your looking for eggs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

Iceland have 3 small for €3, 2 large for €8, XL for €7. If you're buying loads there's are €10 off €50 vouchers in the Iceland thread.
    The bigger advantage at this stage might be if they have stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

sporina wrote: »
    last year I picked up some Easter eggs after Easter, at a ridiculously low price.. (even those with mugs,.. and Lindt bunnies).. I didn't need/want them - but got some for friends.. for those who I knew liked certain ones.. but I don't think that will be the case this year..

Tried ,Dunne's,Lidl, supervalu NADA yesterday ( Bishopstown and Togher, thankfully a few e1 eggs left in Aldi , WTF is going on with the eggs is it that the shops didn't order enough?
    Or is everyone just pigging out?
    Off everything for Lent so was looking forward to a bit of piggery easter sunday morning- Tuesday in the small Dunne's stores virtually hundreds of eggs ,we'd morning NADA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

Doubt you'll get any this year as shag all left anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

okidoki987 wrote: »

Dunnes in Kilnamanagh had loads of them the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

See everyone mentioning supermarkets in the hunt for eggs. For what it’s worth, the garage beside my work place had loads of eggs up to yesterday. It’s a centra/maxol garage. 3 for €5. They have two massive stands of the Kinder eggs alone! Could be worth checking garages if anyone is still looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Tried ,Dunne's,Lidl, supervalu NADA yesterday ( Bishopstown and Togher, thankfully a few e1 eggs left in Aldi , WTF is going on with the eggs is it that the shops didn't order enough?
    Off everything for Lent so was looking forward to a bit of piggery easter sunday morning- Tuesday in the small Dunne's stores virtually hundreds of eggs ,we'd morning NADA

I noticed this year there wasn't a huge amount of the more expensive eggs. We would get the lindt eggs with the egg hunt directions for the kids and the lindt "egg and friends" easter egg and other small figurines for the hunt. I didn't see them at all....they did have the "hutches" a few weeks ago but I put off buying them...bit of a mistake there....

I still managed to buy 25 medium eggs and 16 "large" eggs when on offer though ....I'm not admitting to how many are left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Plenty 3 for €5 in my local Dunnes this morning.

Creme eggs half price. Picked up Cadbury Mixed Caramel & Creme Egg 10 Pack 400g - reduced to €2.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I'll stick my stash on Adverts later
    €€€€€

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Plenty 3 for €5 in my local Dunnes this morning.

I have three nearby Centras and all have a good bit of stock on that offer (or at least they did in the last 2-3 days).

seems like folk have been buying eggs to beat the band for weeks now.. i've seen people buy what looked like 20 at a time.. and i've seen supermarkets restocking on several occasions.. so i'd say supermarkets ordered lots - just people have been buying more.. boring times and all that... last year covid prob threw supermarkets and people off for a bit mayb thats why there wer so many left over..

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Zaney

seems like folk have been buying eggs to beat the band for weeks now.. i've seen people buy what looked like 20 at a time.. and i've seen supermarkets restocking on several occasions.. so i'd say supermarkets ordered lots - just people have been buying more.. boring times and all that... last year covid prob threw supermarkets and people off for a bit mayb thats why there wer so many left over..

I’ve seen a lot of groups of young people buying the deals and eating them in the park etc, not being kept for Easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Zaney wrote: »
    I’ve seen a lot of groups of young people buying the deals and eating them in the park etc, not being kept for Easter.

[URL="[IMG]https://preview.redd.it/6vhvd0ot2cq61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&c2a93e84[/IMG]"]6vhvd0ot2cq61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&c2a93e84[/URL]

Its looking pretty great out there stock wise with most of the big supermarkets with very little boxed eggs left and in some cases nothing.

Whilst not the cheapest, if you are looking for Lindt then Circle K and Londis/Central seem to still have stock (the Londis opposite the Beacon has stock there now).

M&S Dundrum has half a shelf of stock left....upstairs in Tesco there was nothing. Dunnes Beacon Court had some 3 for €5 eggs left but nothing fancy.

Don't remember the shelves being so empty on Good Friday.

I think it was this thread that some said they bought 150 (I think it was for sports training)

I actually thought this year with all sports closed down that lark wouldn't be happening and there'd be more eggs available.

The shelves definitely seem to be emptier sooner this year.

Dunnes in Leopardstown hsve loads left and are restocking shelves including the big Kinder Suprise ones someone was looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Zaney

I think it was this thread that some said they bought 150 (I think it was for sports training)

I actually thought this year with all sports closed down that lark wouldn't be happening and there'd be more eggs available.

The shelves definitely seem to be emptier sooner this year.

My daughters gaa team did online fitness classes and are giving out Easter eggs as a reward - being delivered.

The school gave an Easter egg to every child, so that was nearly 500. Not something they normally do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

None left in my local Tesco, not even showing up in the search when trying to order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Had to drop into Tesco in Wexford to pick something up quickly , and there wasn’t a Easter Egg in sight. Must be some sort of record for them having sold them all two days before Easter Sunday. I remember a few years ago you could still get them the end of April after Easter had ended they had so many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭Nollog

My dunnes have 5 kit kat bunnies for a euro, usually 98c each they say.

Can't find anything in Dublin 15, don't remember them ever being sold out this early before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

I think a lot of the smaller shops didnt stock them this year as they simply couldnt compete with the multiple at all.

I was offered the medium sized eggs to sell out at €3 each and make 13% (39c) or 3 for €5 and make 1% (5c) simply not worth it when you see the multiple selling them at 3 for €3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Dunnes in Leopardstown hsve loads left and are restocking shelves including the big Kinder Suprise ones someone was looking for.

Cheers.
    Went up after trying Lidl, Aldi, Tesco and Dunnes in Stillorgan which were all sold out!

Shelflife wrote: »
    I think a lot of the smaller shops didnt stock them this year as they simply couldnt compete with the multiple at all.

I was offered the medium sized eggs to sell out at €3 each and make 13% (39c) or 3 for €5 and make 1% (5c) simply not worth it when you see the multiple selling them at 3 for €3.

They'd shift them at full price now.... hindsight n all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Thanks to tips on here I got some in local Centra, they didn't have many but a good few Creme Egg and Oreo ones were all that were left, I've never seen such a shortage you're usually falling over them.

• Advertisement

I think 80% of the eggs on sale this year were creme eggs...they were everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I think 80% of the eggs on sale this year were creme eggs...they were everywhere.

I’d say I have 40 of them ate already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

not one to be found in Navan!! no eggs for nieces and nephews this year....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

snowgal wrote: »
    not one to be found in Navan!! no eggs for nieces and nephews this year....:rolleyes:

There was literally a wall made of pallets of Easter eggs in our Tesco a month ago.3 for a fiver and I’d say I’ve accounted for at least a pallet of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Apparantly they have Gone back to Original recipe / Ingredients so probally a bit off a re-launch... I Have a few at home to sample as well

Dunnes have 10 packs of creme eggs for €2.50

Agreed there seemed to be more creme egg chocolate eggs everywhere (in the multiple deals).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Supervalu Rosslare Harbour still had some this evening .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭appledrop

Thankfully I got sorted in my local Spar, so if anyone is stuck try your local shop rather than big supermarkets.

There were actual not bad value either.

6 medium eggs for €9 which was grand!

Not a hope of any in local Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭appledrop

snowgal wrote: »

Did you try your local shop? Seems to be better bet this year than Tesco etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

There was literally a wall made of pallets of Easter eggs in our Tesco a month ago.3 for a fiver and I’d say I’ve accounted for at least a pallet of them.

Sure look, I’ve been in and out of shops so much the past month, could’ve got 100s!! But no I left it too late of course :rolleyes: my fault...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Anyone know anywhere still selling Large Easter eggs in north Dublin?

• Advertisement
Advertisement