Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Quays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

O Riain wrote: »
    Was it not Coors? They had a load of shipping containers right? Was it not the coronas that played, or Mundy or someone like that

It was definitely Heineken, i still have the lanyard!

It was ' fight like apes' and 'rarely seen above ground'. 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭floyd333

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Yeah, this building seems to be taking the longest. Its addictive to watch. The amount of wood stacked up already is amazing.

I know it was posted here before (like 7 years ago!) but there are some photos here of the inside on the mills.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/r-h-hall-flour-mills-waterford-ireland-september-2014.t92219

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/r-h-hall-waterford-ireland-30-05-09.t40664

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/spillers-mill-waterford-15-05-09.t41442

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/spillers-waterford-flour-mills-ireland-30-5-09.t40581

I really love these photos, I was never brave enough to explore them.

Anyone remember the Heiniken sponsored band that played down there about 10 years ago?

Amazing pics from on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    It was definitely Heineken, i still have the lanyard!

It was ' fight like apes' and 'rarely seen above ground'. 2009.

Definitely Coors

http://www.munster-express.ie/entertainment/music/waterford-docks-set-to-rock/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭south

Heineken had nights in the forum a few times. Friendly Fires, Casiokids, The cocknbullkid and The Scissor Sisters also played there at some stage along with a few other bands. There was also a night held in the carpark in New street but i can't remember who played or who it was ran by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Aquos76 you're brilliant with all the updates. Would I be right in think those silos will come down quick enough? Yeah I was at the Coors Light Peak in 2009 I think, it would be a great location for similiar type events a la the Bolton street concerts. Is there a time frame for the complete demolition? Id assume by August or September?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm sure its' been mentioned but I'm lazy - where is all the material going and how? Train or truck?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

No idea where it's been taken to, but so far it's just the steel and the metal that's been removed, all the wood and rubble is still left onsite. The steel and metal has been loaded on to trucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,842 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Aquos76 wrote: »
    No idea where it's been taken to, but so far it's just the steel and the metal that's been removed, all the wood and rubble is still left onsite. The steel and metal has been loaded on to trucks.

steel and metal is valuable and will probably end up in a blast furnace somewhere, wood and rubble on the other hand has more or less no value at all and will more than likely end up in a landfill somewhere.

an environmental report would have been done long go on this. if you can find it on the weird wide web, you may find out exactly where all materials are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Irishlad2014

Any more updates/pics?

• Advertisement

Not much happening down there since last week, only two silos gone so far and there was actually no work carried out on site at all yesterday. I haven't been down that way yet today to see if work has resumed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Not much happening down there since last week, only two silos gone so far and there was actually no work carried out on site at all yesterday. I haven't been down that way yet today to see if work has resumed or not.

nope all quiet
    pass it every day on way home... machines havent even moved

robtri wrote: »
    nope all quiet
    pass it every day on way home... machines havent even moved

Seen a Scrap / Waste Lorry in there today but you right its all very quiet again. Builders holidays aren't that far away in the grand scheme of things so judging by progress to date we will be having this conversation again in September.

Any updates or pics?

I'll get some later on, they started to remove anothe silo this morning along with removing most of the rubble from the last building they took down.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Not much has changed!
    thF5kFJP1LV0yRszbM-drtCP0xN4Yrm3yojkAqP5IM3gtcwZwgOiXmundaMYjXDALZoR-uuRTkNQZIJmODyD3-3ThBXHOpQmwCDRDVy7FLfHbxho6cJVHjQFxPoZ57oLvjr_JSTBFmM9xnyUWRW7QmwxT9Dfw_1HNFPeI943IWGu15SAti4xcVSI6jkxrqmc5CIGBpBZnNLmQ-6kjj-o6nX9_Mk9UcPBwcpMBkmJcufodNl3kdp8wg4F7gcIoGzOcVoUEgVbm9WQXYfR-R60u-eo8NJxV7GfzMGLQm1JTQnx--dBOfmcVnYdfLLpqgjLWntFHXqketFiiPq73MWmKj5efEYAvJkhOk8kCL4lRrmBCdSRi5fHsm0pq02Y2u80yb5jevHQztt7kX5idMsVzTrqUdSmnDUoS3wCopFvmC91XKYBdsXNc0kjlGizDiL22XNiET9BS6yXJwj41pOfmoa4ZLAK2fUhukVBFjdEnqAsxpEoXzMjz4CQstWIq4bqCLH6gXSERALkhgBk_Z1ZAk2xiUvXpJ5fmhuVYlCc9QDempK2HDJfSPNuWmBqE68Bdgrp8HOnicla3s9BJO4YB49tUIDzNM0p=w2257-h564-no

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I saw it yesterday from across the river and I thought it was beginning to change appearance quite dramatically.

In a report about the improvements in the town in Waterford Today it stated that the R&H buildings have been demolished:rolleyes:

Hey Guys, how are things looking this week?

• Advertisement

Hey Guys, how are things looking this week?

The seem to be moving again this week - most of the work is concentrating on the Green "Simplex" Silos , a few more are down on the Ferrybank Side and one on the river side , I am guessing it will be after the bank holiday before its very noticeable from the city side.

Elsewhere on site the crews seem to be focusing on processing the rubble / scrap / wood from what has already been knocked down hence no build buildings coming down.

Cool, good stuff! I guess the next time im home it will be all done :)

Great to see the first silo on the river side gone, I was counting them every day:D now for the other 4.

Any more pics?

A few from Lunchtime

B7ENH6Ql.jpg

xrqwS3Hl.jpg

G3ivKtBl.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Looking good, will be nice to see the first of the 4 silo's facing the city go finally, long overdue

Cabaal wrote: »
    Looking good, will be nice to see the first of the 4 silo's facing the city go finally, long overdue

There's actually one gone already, there were originally 5 facing towards the river. Hopefully the remaining 4 will go this week as they are trying to create an access point to the building where the poster is normally mounted as that's the next building to be tackled apparently.

Some more pictures from this evening, Only 2.5 of the freestanding riverside silos remaining !!

82yS5zSl.jpg

KIAjMLil.jpg

SrF9Ssfl.jpg

unXsDzSl.jpg

sqVszWGl.jpg

EsKSQP0l.jpg

GuRQ1Ool.jpg

cmMWuyql.jpg

Starting to see a difference from the South Quays now i guess?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Jambo wrote: »
    Some more pictures from this evening, Only 2.5 of the freestanding riverside silos remaining !!

Great pictures man, is there any chance of getting one from the town side of the river to see the difference from that side?

Advertisement