Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Getting value for money here anyway!

This Landwehr lad is far too cocky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Barboza must be sick of the judges at this stage coming out the wrong side of a close decision again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Heartbreaking for Harris. 9 times out of 10 the ref calls that off and he walks away with a stoppage victory. Instead he gets finished himself. Highs and lows of fighting all playing out in about 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just catching up now, great card.

Reem done well to come back from that, Harris gassed himself out unfortunately.

Ige is a legend what a fight, he's a tough matchup for absolutely anyone at 145

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Heartbreaking for Harris. 9 times out of 10 the ref calls that off and he walks away with a stoppage victory. Instead he gets finished himself. Highs and lows of fighting all playing out in about 5 mins.

Yes and those hammer fists of Harris we brutal, cut up Reem instantly. As you said I was waiting for the stoppage, but fair play to the Reem for the fairy tale win, even if the power in his ground and pound was just not there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Yes and those hammer fists of Harris we brutal, cut up Reem instantly. As you said I was waiting for the stoppage, but fair play to the Reem for the fairy tale win, even if the power in his ground and pound was just not there.

The slip in the first round that allowed reem to take him down killed him. Zapped all his energy and he was breathing so heavy coming out for the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

ASOT wrote: »
    The slip in the first round that allowed reem to take him down killed him. Zapped all his energy and he was breathing so heavy coming out for the second.

Yes, then he was pinned up against the cage by Reem he was gulping for air like a fish out of water. I guess that comes from his build/weight I wonder how much he weighed in the ring, in the press conference Reem said he was 275..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Some good fights last night.
    Again some bizarre judges decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Happy for the Reem. His last fight was brutal, having a great performance and knocked out with seconds to go in the final round. Harris was gassed half way through the first, he couldn't even make an attempt to escape.

Don't think Edson was hard done by. Split decision that could've gone either way really, and not hard to see either side.

Is it just me or is Eric Anders just....out of his depth and just gets lucky sometimes. I don't get it. Has no real technique, slow, not an overly power-puncher either. I've always thought that, but this fight just really showed it up for me. He barely landed strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Homelander wrote: »

Is it just me or is Eric Anders just....out of his depth and just gets lucky sometimes. I don't get it. Has no real technique, slow, not an overly power-puncher either. I've always thought that, but this fight just really showed it up for me. He barely landed strikes.

he has imo only one thing going for him and that's toughness, jotko showed just how average he is

He's never improved from his first fight as far as I can see

• Advertisement

Anthony Smith talks the Glover fight with Ariel, it's a decent watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

just another day at the office for Anthony :eek:

he's too tough for his own good but he made some good points, felder fighting on with a broken arm for one, then again didn't rich franklin knock out chuck with a broken arm

his corner couldn't stop it, those were his instructions :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,607 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He didn't didn't tell them not to stop it. In fact telling them his teeth were falling out sounded like him telling them to call it.

eagle eye wrote: »
    He didn't didn't tell them not to stop it. In fact telling them his teeth were falling out sounded like him telling them to call it.

Anthony Smith says that he has explicitly told his corner that if they ever throw in the towel on him, he will fire them.

As for "My teeth are falling out", Smith claims this was merely a response to his coach telling him to keep his gumshield in and stop letting it fall out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Pengo11

Anyone gonna bother with tonights Card?

Mod: Post moved..please use the correct thread.

I might stay up for the prelims and catch the main card tomorrow.

Jesus I was screaming at Gutierez to finish that. Had him at 7/1 to win by KO/TKO. He looked like he was going to drag it out for the full 15.

Some leg kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Two great fights so far on the Prelims.

Guitierrez had the perfect gameplan with the leg kicks and was super patient.

Casey Kenney with an impressive squeeze on the guillotine after another leg kick heavy approach.

Tim Elliot here with the wild hair, still the only fighter I've seen knocked out but come round before hitting the canvas in his last fight!

Know it's Elliot's style but can really see him ducking his head and catching a really powerful shot from Royval.

• Advertisement

That was a hell of a first round. Absolutely frantic pace.

Great fight. I'd watch 8 more of them!

Whelo79 wrote: »
    That was a hell of a first round. Absolutely frantic pace.

Shame it couldn't last, good awareness from Royval for the positioning there in the choke fought to wedge himself between the cage and Elliot.

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Shame it couldn't last, good awareness from Royval for the positioning there in the choke fought to wedge himself between the cage and Elliot.

Yeah he done very well for a debut fight against such a high pressure fighter. Stayed calm and scrambled well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Could be one of those sneaky classic cards

Fighters are in a rush to get things done tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,607 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm excited to follow Hill's career.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Fighters are in a rush to get things done tonight!

Some talk on reddit/twitter of it being a smaller cage so encourages finishes through proximity

D.Q wrote: »
    Some talk on reddit/twitter of it being a smaller cage so encourages finishes through proximity

Yeah definitely. Not as much room to escape/evade so you are forced to engage a bit sooner.

• Advertisement

Jesus this is a mauling.

Advertisement