Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I don't think he clearly won the 4th round at all.

Yep I had till winning only 1 round, the first.

I know nothing though as I had Till win 0 rounds against wonder boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,936 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think he clearly won the 4th round at all.
    It was pretty clear but I can see how you mightn't think that.
    The reason he won that round was the cleaner strikes. He caught Whittaker with a few really clean strikes in that round. Whittaker caught him a couple of times too but only two of his were clean strikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

eagle eye wrote: »
    IFinal scoring was exactly right. Till won rounds 1 and 4 but clearly lost the other three rounds.
    I don't think he won the 4th and more clearly that he lost the 5th.

Whitaker landed more strikes in both rounds. (13-8, 17-12)
    Till land more headshots in the 5th. (10-6), where as Whitaker pipped him in the 4th. (7-6)

The takedowns in the 5th were likely HUGE in terms of the scoring for Whitaker.
    Scoring could have very easily have gone either way depending on judges personal weighting to takedowns and leg kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mellor wrote: »
    He's could go all the way. But he's fought nowhere near top level guys yet. There's a huge difference between holding down a guy with little to no wrestling and doing it to an Div 1 wrestler.

Absolutely, but you'd have said the same about Stylebender. Some of them just look to "have it" and to me that's Chimaev at this point. Every chance it comes to nothing, but at this point he's pretty scary.

Absolutely, but you'd have said the same about Stylebender. Some of them just look to "have it" and to me that's Chimaev at this point. Every chance it comes to nothing, but at this point he's pretty scary.

Yep and looking at guys ranked around 10-15 I think chimaev gets through them with ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Gerald Meerschaert vs Ed Herman has been scrapped from tonight’s card.

Meerschaert tested positive for COVID-19 and has been pulled from the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Ha.. Dominic Cruz compliments a second ref tonight for not stopping a fight. Scarred for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Inviere

Shahbazyan didn't look too impressive, ran outta steam pretty early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

The amount of groin strikes was amazing in this event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

What a crazy end to that round with Tucker v Jaynes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Great matchmaking especially for during Covid with Tucker v James. Tucker up againat it for the first 4 minutes then came back brilliantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

What a fight

Felder is so good in commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Weidman scrapes it still a shadow of his former self off the horsemeat diet.

Shades of Dada 5000 v Kimbo with that Weidman fight! They were both gassed!

Glad Weidman pulled out the win. Not pretty though!

Huge KO for the Black beast! Most KOs in the UFC heavyweight division now

Lewis "I gotta take a sh*t" lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Still Ill wrote: »
    Felder is so good in commentary.

He's getting better all the time, has a great rapport with most fighters too.
    It's impossible not to respect the man though as a fighter and commentator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

mailburner wrote: »
    He's getting better all the time, has a great rapport with most fighters too.
    It's impossible not to respect the man though as a fighter and commentator.

Definitely respect him as a fighter and he's a nice guy, he's just a bit dry on commentary for my liking. Not quite as bad as cruz, but very stiff.

Surprised it's been so quiet here tonight. No thread, so I guess I'll post here.. Looking forward to see how Sean O'Malley does here.

Not great so!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Still Ill wrote: »
    Surprised it's been so quiet here tonight. No thread, so I guess I'll post here.. Looking forward to see how Sean O'Malley does here.

Not great so!

Create a thread....better to make one than me having to deal with reported posts tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads I have created an event thread..it literally takes 2 seconds. Post there if you want to discuss it.

Tonight one of those cards that looks dirt but will probably turn out to be a banger. Think Edgar goes for a nap then retires.

OSP out tonight due to a positive covid test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Possibly the worst card on paper I can ever remember seeing. But still going to watch it live and hope the unknowns can deliver some fun fights.

Wow!!! One of the best comebacks I have seen in a fight. 10-8 round, could have been stopped and he gets a TKO Rd 2. Impressive!

There's been a lot of quick fights. Swanging and banging and a few subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

US2 wrote: »
    Tonight one of those cards that looks dirt but will probably turn out to be a banger. Think Edgar goes for a nap then retires.

You were half right.

Two crazy comebacks last night.

Perhaps a controversial opinion but another boring edgar fight added to the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Beersmith wrote: »
    Two crazy comebacks last night.

Perhaps a controversial opinion but another boring edgar fight added to the list

Fight was a cracker.

Whole card was really really good. That Jones come back was a thing of beauty!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Fight was a cracker.

Whole card was really really good. That Jones come back was a thing of beauty!

Lesson for your man to keep going until the ref stops you

Wow what a great first round to kick off this card.

Cifers gassed bad from trying to finish that fight In the first fight what a comeback.

Jesus martin whaling like a banshee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

That screaming, made me spill my Jamesons...

That armbar was beautiful, Viana is also beautiful.

• Advertisement

Yes, but more screaming....

This cards been great.

Bar all the screaming.

Ah lads bruce Leeroy shaved his head

caceres by sub is pretty rare

4 subs so far, will cummins make it 5?

I thought it a pretty weak card, but I have really enjoyed it so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Hopefully Lawler calls it a day soon before he takes much more damage.

What was lawler thinking in that 1st round trying to grapple, bizarre tactic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

The prelims were really solid, main card not so much, apart from Lamas v Algeo.

Lawler and Smith both looked really poor. Where do either of them go after that.

Only a 7 card fight tonight, bit mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Watched the last 3 fights this morning.

Thought pereira looked excellent against Imadaev. Made Imadaev look an amateur in the striking department even though he was a very good amateur boxer himself.
    Although checked pereira record and it isn't great, does he have the potential to mount a challenge in this division?

Thought OSP was again just too good for his opponent, was OSP not coming back from Covid?

Overeem vs sakai was a very enjoyable fight, some pace for a heavyweight bout. Sakai landing the more shots but overeem seemed to do more damage with his strikes. Take down in 4th by overeem resulted in lots of damage for sakai. Did well to survive to the bell then I was glad the ref stopped it early enough in the 5th before it would have been a round of ground and pound.

They're making such a big deal about Angela Hill being the first African-American to headline a card. Guessing the first female.
    Apologies, maybe it's a big deal to some people but it feels like they are grasping at straws to make this card seem relevant. Just seems like desperation to me.
    Let the fighters do the talking in the cage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

For anyone watching the FightPass prelims tonight - did Bruce Buffer kind of stutter/repeat himself at the start of the Barbarena-Ivy fight? I've never heard him make an error before so just wanted to double check.

For anyone watching the FightPass prelims tonight - did Bruce Buffer kind of stutter/repeat himself at the start of the Barbarena-Ivy fight? I've never heard him make an error before so just wanted to double check.

I knew he called the wrong winner before but I couldn't remember the fight so here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrsBW29Yxrw

They're making such a big deal about Angela Hill being the first African-American to headline a card. Guessing the first female.
    Apologies, maybe it's a big deal to some people but it feels like they are grasping at straws to make this card seem relevant. Just seems like desperation to me.
    Let the fighters do the talking in the cage.

hard to do anything to get anyone outside her own family excited
    about this one I reckon

The card might end up being good overall but hill waterson as a headliner is a pretty bad one

mailburner wrote: »
    hard to do anything to get anyone outside her own family excited
    about this one I reckon

The card might end up being good overall but hill waterson as a headliner is a pretty bad one

It might end up being a decent fight, it's just a bug bear of mine that they use that agenda to try and push it.
    I already gave kudos to both women for accepting a 5 rounder on such short notice. Talk about the styles, not their race.
    Anyway, hopefully some good fights ahead. Probably won't stay awake for the main event like I usually do.

Looking forward to watching Billy Quarantillo. I think he's a future contender. Expect Turner to easily win here, Brok Weaver is awful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement