Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

does anyone have instructions on how to get IPTV or whatever? cannot find the thread
    You won't as it's illegal and can't be discussed here.
    I advise checking other forums as you might find info their, or through Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The El Chapo schtick was ear bleeding stuff. There’s been glimpses of good moments since then (205 press conference) but many more annoying shouty moments.

Just catching up on the embedded clips. And the whole demeanour reminds me much more of Conor at the debut post fight. Boston fight, the rise. Etc.
    Whatever the reason. It’s a welcome change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Well love him or hate him it’s exciting to have him back.

Hoping he wins tomorrow and calls out Masvidal for international fight week. Heading over so that would be a class main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

mdwexford wrote: »
    Well love him or hate him it’s exciting to have him back.

Hoping he wins tomorrow and calls out Masvidal for international fight week. Heading over so that would be a class main event.

What month is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What month is that?

July, first or second Saturday more than likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Mellor wrote: »
    The El Chapo schtick was ear bleeding stuff. There’s been glimpses of good moments since then (205 press conference) but many more annoying shouty moments.

Just catching up on the embedded clips. And the whole demeanour reminds me much more of Conor at the debut post fight. Boston fight, the rise. Etc.

While I can understand the contention that it's all for show because of other things hanging over him, it just seems to be too consistent and natural for it to be just a front.

So so much better than the gurning, aggression against Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Mellor wrote: »

He's been told by PR to do this, his image was in the gutter.
    This fight is to salvage a Win and save his business. If he was interested in deserving a rematch, he'd fight anyone but Cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭clsmooth

What time are the ceremonial weigh ins tonight??

He's been told by PR to do this, his image was in the gutter.
    This fight is to salvage a Win and save his business. If he was interested in deserving a rematch, he'd fight anyone but Cowboy.
    Who should he be fighting so, considering his inactivity the last while?
    He needs a fight that's not top tier to shake off any rust that he has, then he can start going after the higher up lads.
    Cowboy's no pushover either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Does Ariel still do the live weigh ins? What time they at? The real ones that is.

• Advertisement

Official weigh-ins due to start at 5pm (Irish time)

Ceremonial weigh-ins due to start at 11pm (Irish time)

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Who should he be fighting so, considering his inactivity the last while?
    He needs a fight that's not top tier to shake off any rust that he has, then he can start going after the higher up lads.
    Cowboy's no pushover either

justin gaethje, Nate, Masvidal, Poirier, Khabib (doesnt deserve it, but he could have had it). Donald is a shadow of himself, way too many miles on the clock.

justin gaethje, Nate, Masvidal, Poirier, Khabib (doesnt deserve it, but he could have had it). Dustin is a shadow of himself, way too many miles on the clock.
    So no tune up fight first, just straight in the deep end yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

justin gaethje, Nate, Masvidal, Poirier, Khabib (doesnt deserve it, but he could have had it). Dustin is a shadow of himself, way too many miles on the clock.

Or he takes this fight, which is tough BTW, shakes off the rust and then steps up to those guys you mentioned.

If he loses tomorrow night, that will be the end of him I am sure.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    So no tune up fight first, just straight in the deep end yeah?
    Or he takes this fight, which is tough BTW, shakes off the rust and then steps up to those guys you mentioned.

If he loses tomorrow night, that will be the end of him I am sure.

I've no issue with that, Call this what it is though, a Tune up fight.
    Well lets see if he fights 4 time this "Season" :rolleyes: as he's promised. Or was thing a flash in the pan to win a fight and be all nice a jolly in his interviews and be really positive again to garner headlines in the media to save his Whiskey and clothing business. Remember, he's a toe rag who has been caught assaulting various people on camera. This is PR and nothing but it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I've no issue with that, Call this what it is though, a Tune up fight.
    Well lets see if he fights 4 time this "Season" :rolleyes: as he's promised. Or was thing a flash in the pan to win a fight and be all nice a jolly in his interviews and be really positive again to garner headlines in the media to save his Whiskey and clothing business. Remember, he's a toe rag who has been caught assaulting various people on camera. This is PR and nothing but it.

Or maybe he's decided to stop acting the way he was, has aged/matured? You don't know, I don't know, nobody here knows so speculating on it is completely pointless.

Or maybe he's decided to stop acting the way he was, has aged/matured? You don't know, I don't know, nobody here knows so speculating on it is completely pointless.

Who knows. I'm of the opinion we have seen him act a scumbag way too many times over the last 4 years. He's everything Martial arts isn't. He talks about how he got into Martial Arts because he was being bullied blah blah blah, then punches a man in the back of the head. We both know if there wasn't a video of it, he'd be denying it happened. "he'd say a prayer for the people who claimed they'd seen it".

• Registered Users Posts: 37,643 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Who knows. I'm of the opinion we have seen him act a scumbag way too many times over the last 4 years. He's everything Martial arts isn't. He talks about how he got into Martial Arts because he was being bullied blah blah blah, then punches a man in the back of the head. We both know if there wasn't a video of it, he'd be denying it happened. "he'd say a prayer for the people who claimed they'd seen it".
    How do you explain his change to the nasty stuff from being a very entertaining and funny person before that?
    Maybe he was told to get nasty. It certainly made the gates and ppv sales bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Kids can do that. Hes also 32 this year so you'd assume he would naturally mature.

I do find the hatred for him hilarious. People who who have never even watched one of his fights hate him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Seemingly that UFC 246 viewing party at Bluebell United has been called off on advice of the gards due to murders over the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Are the early weigh ins available anywhere to watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Cowboy TKO win in round 3 ... I'm all over that ...

But any cowboy win will make me very happy indeed.

eagle eye wrote: »
    How do you explain his change to the nasty stuff from being a very entertaining and funny person before that?
    Maybe he was told to get nasty. It certainly made the gates and ppv sales bigger.

Cocaine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Conor weigh in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,612 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Conor weigh in yet?

Not yet but apparently he's just about to

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

170 on the nose.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

170 on the button for McGregor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Mc Gregor 170lbs on the button

Advertisement