Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Damn, I mean her ancestor - Emily!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Haha I was wondering how you managed to miss the Jeremy coming back to life thing! Emily spoke to Stefan through Bonnie at one point but I think that was her only "appearance"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Returns to TG4 on June 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

looks like you were right! ;) - but wait! :confused:

OMG!....you're on the list next Jaxy! :eek:

:p

:eek:

And so! The curse of the J's continues, and as prophesied Jeremy was next on the list to literally bite the bullet. Oh how I gigglesnorted at the expression on Sheriff Mom's face! Take that, you stupid wench! And what's that, a heartwarming moment of understanding between mother and daughter? Ah TVD, could you be any more predictable?

Although there were one or two little surprises; namely Stefangelus emerging (props for the poster who coined that little nickname, I'll be using it to be sure!) and Jeremy going Sixth Sense. Seeing dead ex-girlfriends wouldn't be at all pleasant I'd imagine. I might go so far as to theorise that they aren't actually the spirits of Anna and Vicki, but possibly something else entirely, an evil entity that broke into the material world when Jeremy was resurrected. You know, witches are all about balance in nature. Methinks something followed Jeremy over from the great unknown. The next big bad once the writers kill off Klaus perhaps, and his temporarily slain family get their revenge and run freeeeee all happy together taking tea and scones with Elijah.

Also enjoyed whatsherface's dig at Sheriff Mom and the threat that if she can't handle it, they'll find someone who will. Possible opening for new character. In all a solid enough finale for a slightly disappointing season. But with Stefan possibly on a new rampage, an obvious new love interest for Elena (that storyline is going to be tragically emo as she comes to terms with Stefan's sudden disappearance, I can almost taste the angst), Jeremy seeing dead peoples and Katherine freed to bring about her own special brand of delicious mayhem, I'm looking forward to season three.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Been away, just got caught up. Kind of a let down after the previous weeks episodes.

Damon was never going to die but I suppose it was what Stefan was willing to do to keep him alive that was the point of all that. Like Katherine said, he pretty much gave up Elena to save Damon so shows where the real love story is there.

I can't get over Sheriff Mom, I mean she can't even kill Jeremy right. If it was a character I liked I bet she'd have killed them no problem. Idiot. I don't know how she's managed to survive two full seasons on this show. We live in hope that eventually she will shoot herself while polishing her gun.

Katherine is free, praise the Lord!!! I didn't like Klaus telling Stefan they'd track her down soon enough, but then again he didn't manage to track her down the last time so I'm sure she'll be fine. Was it my imagination or did she admit that she did actually love Damon too? I'd love it if just as Elena is coming round to her feelings for Damon Katherine gets back in there too :D How funny was she when she was disgusted that Elena was still alive :D

Freakin' Hungry Stefan is back. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm happy Paul Wesley might finally get something to do but I hope it's not going to be like in the books how they just completely got rid of Stefan for 95% of one of them and used it to get Damon and Elena together. I have a hell of a lot more faith in the TV show than in the books writing but still, I hope Stefan isn't being thrown under the bus here.

Jeremy, I couldn't care less about you son. This newfound 6th sense matters not to me. I assume he'll be able to see Jenna now too? I didn't care about Caroline one bit at the end of season 2 either but I love her now, so maybe there's hope for Jeremy too.

Overall I don't think season 2 was quite as good as season 1. There was too much going on. It lost it's way a little in the middle section with all the cure and ware wolf stuff going on. I hope they tighten it up for season 3 again. I read an interview with Williamson where he pretty much said they overdid the witchy stuff and he wasn't entirely happy with it so at least they know when they're going off track. Still my favourite show on TV at the mo though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think I've ever wanted to hit someone in the face with a hurley as much as I do now

• Registered Users Posts: 85,023 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kevin Williamson talks season 3: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/what_will_vampire_diaries_season_pViQEe4e14xnvcAJBFcHfJ

Think we should keep S3 related stuff here until September, then have a new S3 thread.?

Would it not be better to put all Season 3 stuff in a thread for Season 3 or change the title of this to Season 2 & 3?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would it not be better to put all Season 3 stuff in a thread for Season 3 or change the title of this to Season 2 & 3?

That means making a S3 thread very early, now correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the "proceadure" in the main forum was to keep upcoming season news in the most recent thread and launch a brand new season (3) thread close to premiere time.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's no specific procedure for this sorta stuff.

If you keep season 3 news / discussion here, make sure to warn people of such and use spoiler tags where necessary (practically everywhere if it deals with plotlines / casting etc).

In a new thread of season 3 news / discussion with 'spoilers' indicated in the title - you can be a bit more leniant on spoiler tags. But it's still worth warning people if there's heavy spoilers in an article / news story.

It's more common sense than anything!

• Advertisement

That means making a S3 thread very early, now correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the "proceadure" in the main forum was to keep upcoming season news in the most recent thread and launch a brand new season (3) thread close to premiere time.

:confused:

You startthreads for shows that dont get picked up :p and now you are worried about starting a thread too early :confused: I think last year you started the new season threads in fine time ;)

Just getting through season 1, its been on the box for the past year.

It's okay. It lacks humour and there is a lot of filler.

At this point (Ep 18 or so of Series 1) Caroline and Matt have yet to really do anything other then start going out together. Both characters are tertiary to the plot. Matt being Elena's ex and brother of Vicki. There is even an episode where Caroline feels left out and second choice to Elena, again so far she is just Matt's current GF, one of Elena's Best friend and daughter to the sheriff, who is on the council. But the producers feel the need to go on (and on) about their relationship. (Okay Caroline is coming out of a false relationship with Damon and she needs closure, but does the audience?). Perhaps both characters get more central roles in Season 2.

Elean's "Brother" Jeremy would be a great point of comic relief for the series. As he finds out about the vampires, but as a moody teen loner he ends up drinking any humour that he might have, I know he is sad due to the death of his father and mother but he and his girlfriend Vicki could have been great fun, discovering the vampires instead they are in an off-and-on-again relationship. And it does help that she is then killed off.

Damon and Stefan play the roles of Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt (respectively) well, but unfortunately neither characters from Interview with a Vampire are all that entertaining. Damon is to dogmatic about being a vampire with little irony while Stefan is staying off blood. Stefan is currently trying to stay way from the blood after drinking some of Elean's. His character has become more fun, but that is only there to cause difficultly with his relationship with Elean.

Again Anna and Jeremy could both be played for comic relief but Anna has a controlling mother and Jeremy is slowly (very slowly) getting to grips with all the vampires. The amount of humour that is lost by Jeremy is disappointing. (Bonnie also needs some sense of humour, they should not have written out her grandmother, but then she is too old for this series :( )

I know you are all going to say it isn't a comedy, but drama needs some comedy, natural comedy. We don't all go around so serious the whole time even when we deal with major issues in our lives (look at The Big C and Nurse Jackie great dramas well scripted and not overly played for laughs). Okay Nurse Jackie is more of a comedy than the Big C, a better example is The Good Wife that can have that sense of humour with out taking from the story. Eli Gold is a good example of what I am talking about in The Good Wife.

Kevin Williamson is the main person behind this show so it is no wonder that it lacks humour, how many humourless seasons of Dawson's Creek were produced for pretty much the same TV channel. Even Pacey in that series suffered from Overly Serious Teen Relationship Syndrome (OSTRS).

However :) I am enjoy this series even with all of its problems. Smallville has a good replacement.

^ I found the lack of a "comic relief" character rather refreshing in this show. I think it was aiming for a more mature audience than other typical CW shows. I know there's still plenty of CW trademarks there, but the lack of humour never really bothered me. Personally I found Damon's attitude through season 1 pretty funny. His tendency to kill now ask questions never amused me. I don't want to give away anything about season 2, but there's another character in it with the same kind of attitude and that also proved funny to me. I guess that's not really humour though...

Season 1 Caroline was a rather blah character, in my opinion, but by the end of season 2 she's one of my favourites. Poor Matt stays rather blah I'm afraid, but I still love him :D Jeremy changes in season 2, but I still don't like him at all. But that's just personal opinion, although I'm yet to come across anyone who actually likes him, but I'm sure there's someone.

Personally I found Damon's attitude through season 1 pretty funny.

No it is what I mean, Damon can be quite sinister and sarcastic at times, but that is limited to him. Just some natural humour, you don't necessarily need a comic relief character. (In away I was think Jeremy would be good as a version of the Frog Brothers from The Lost Boys). I don't dislike Jeremy but there is very little to either dislike or like about him.

I am guessing John Gilbert is the character your talking about, but I will wait and see.

Also nice to see Mandy from 24 in the series hope she get to be as sinister as her character in 24 :) Maybe that is who you are talking about Elena's birth mother. ????

Elmo wrote: »
    I am guessing John Gilbert is the character your talking about, but I will wait and see.

Also nice to see Mandy from 24 in the series hope she get to be as sinister as her character in 24 :) Maybe that is who you are talking about Elena's birth mother. ????

My lips are sealed. ;)

yeah, best not spoil anything....watch the first season, as for Caroline....she gets alot more interesting in season 2.

So far so good, though I delete episode 4 by mistake :(

Caroline's
    turn was very well done
    , not hoping from much from her over the next few episodes :( but well written and directed.

Nina Dobrev is doing really well as her doppelganger. Liking Damon much more now I think they have really written the character allot better and Stefan is a plonker.

Final episode of Series 1 was excellent. And the next 3 even got a bit scary.

Matt and Jeremy could be written out at this stage.

Oh! also I always Bing Vampire Dairies, don't know why I would used that search engine for Vampire Dairies only, but it seem like it's saying "Because It's Not Google!"

That was episode 4 tonight. Could have done with missing it TBH.
    Catherine <3 Stefan awh!
    . Otherwise a bit of a filler episode lacking Jeremy and Matt which is a surprise for a filler episode. Not as good as the first 3 episodes.
    Who did Mason kill?, What questions should Elena ask?, And who will Tyler kill?

Silver! they've broke every other folklore rule!

I dont like Caroline at all never warmed to even in Season 2 as a vampire and I dont see the point of Matt either since his sister is dead and mum is gone

• Advertisement

Elena turns 18 in Season 3!

Sure Chloe Sullivan only turn 17 around season 6 of Smallville (according to her headstone)!

What relation is the girl that hangs around the house with them?

Just seen Mason Lockwood aka Taylor Kinney in Lady Gaga's new video :p

Advertisement